Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Wearside

these next 7 will either make or break Bruce's time as Sunderland manager.

Do you think a poor run against those teams will make Quinn consider getting rid, after giving Bruce a five year contract last month?

Well first of all Bruce signed a 3 year contract not 5 year and yes poor results in these next 7 especially the home games will create a lot of unrest amongst the fans.Short and Quinn have both said that top 10 was a must for this season so if Bruce fails to deliver in these next 7 games I'm sure Short will be wanting answers.

Guest Heneage

:lol:

The reaction to going above you wouldn't have been half as big if it hadn't been all the talk of Europe, how good you are etc. pre January.

Why wouldn't we talk about Europe,we had been in 6/7th place for a lot of the season so it's only natural people get their hopes up.

It wasn't that it was the muppet from ALS making out like you'd qualified in January and calling Villa relegation haunted.

Do you think a poor run against those teams will make Quinn consider getting rid, after giving Bruce a five year contract last month?

Well first of all Bruce signed a 3 year contract not 5 year and yes poor results in these next 7 especially the home games will create a lot of unrest amongst the fans.Short and Quinn have both said that top 10 was a must for this season so if Bruce fails to deliver in these next 7 games I'm sure Short will be wanting answers.

Europe must feel further away than ever :lol:

For a start 4 of the games are at home and we have a better squad on paper than West Brom,Fulham,Wigan and Wolves,home games against these sort of teams come into the "expected to win" bracket and with the money we've spent are teams we should be beating. Birmingham away is another game that on paper we have a much better squad than and the other 2 away games at Bolton and West Ham will be more difficult.

I realise most of these teams are fighting for there lives but that doesn't alter the fact that these games are ones we should be winning with the team we have.

That's the kind of logic I like to see. Been a lack of that sort of thinking around NUFC forums recently.

with the lack of money we've spent these are the teams we should be losing against?

Guest palnese

Europe must feel further away than ever :lol:

Naa, they'll play Cardiff and Swansea next year.

Guest johnson293

Quinn Looked fuking bemused on Sky- tugging at his lip, thinking "wish I was in the pub".

:lol: :lol:

lovely

Fixed

Big last 7 games for Bruce,failure to finish in top 10 will not go down well with Ellis Short.

Difficult to put a finger on what is going on but we undoubtably have good players but Bruce is not getting the best out of them and these next 7 games are massive for Bruce,these are games we are expected to win and like I say failure to finish top 10 could spell the end of Bruce's reign.

Good to see this thread resurrected though,going above Sunderland must be a big thing for Newcastle fans these days,how times have changed.

Its been resurrected every few days all season long, not just when we go ahead of you. Yes times have changed, you  are not so confident about your team any more and with good reason, whereas we've remained realistic all season.

You are saying you are good on paper, but in all honesty you are an average premiership team at best despite spending huge amounts of money, and you rode your luck first part of the season. Your goalkeepers are average, prone to mistakes, central defence is average while only Bardsley can be counted as a decent fullback, in the centre you are confused, no one plays in the same position apart from Cattermole who is a dirty cunt and his stand out quality is injuring people while Henderson still has yet to have a decent game all season. You've added a couple of Africans which haven't settled while one of them although being utter dogshit has been hailed on wearside as the next best thing since a benefit increase, due to his teammates winning him a Champions League medal. Upfront you've got Gyan who looks more interested in playing for Ghana (in fact he's more interested in rapping than Sunderland) isn't and out and out goalscorer while he will be looking for a move away if you finish in a shite position. Add to that several key players who are not yours and are playing for their parent club to notice them.

The man in control of all this has a proven record on how not to finish a season, isn't really one of you which he's reminded every loss or poor performance and has spent a shitload with very little return. Whatever money is available in the summer, would you really want him to spend it? If he wasn't so preoccupied on getting us back, finding a song to play, maybe he'd have time to work out where the goals can come from, but even in his latest defeat all he has on his mind is us, and how you bounced back from the humiliated 5-1. Are you that insignificant everything, every last detail of your season revolves are us? Bruce will hail this season as a success if he finishes ahead of us, problem is, too many of you will buy in to it and happy to do it all over again next season minus a couple of key players who've had enough.

I think you'll all finally look back on Quinn's decision to sign on Bruce for the foreseeable as a decision so bad it ranks alongside giving Capello a new contract before the world cup, but then again its not like Sunderland to shoot their load early, or believe the season is finished in January.  :lol: And when it comes to sack him? £10m. Remains of the Bent money, and if you think he's a putty faced bastard Mag now, just wait till you try and offload him, he'll want the lot and take you to the cleaners. He'll be buying pints for us lot all over Newcastle when that day comes. 'Have a pint on sunderland, sorry it took so long'.

I do think however there is no chance of you going down. 7 games left, 4 at home, winnable games all over, but no goals in 7 hours, one win in 10 and all those teams knowing they are in a fight to survive, do your players have the stomach? Does Bruce and more importantly, do the fans at the SOL? I highly doubt you will be since 90% of you believed next season you'd finally get a chance to even up your European goal tally against Shola Ameobi, but being the 3rd lowest goalscorers in the league, it would take some time.

Guest palnese

Bit harsh on Henderson. He's nowt special but i've seen him have a few good games.

Aye, he had a couple of great games before he won his England debut. After that he's been utter shite.

1 goal from midfield all season. That is f***ing atrocious like :lol:

Malbranque 0

Zenden 0

Cattermole 0

Elmohammady 0

Riveros 0

Sessegnon 0

Muntari 0

Henderson 1

Colback 0

Thats pish, i didnt know.

1 goal from midfield all season. That is f***ing atrocious like :lol:

Malbranque 0

Zenden 0

Cattermole 0

Elmohammady 0

Riveros 0

Sessegnon 0

Muntari 0

Henderson 1

Colback 0

Thats pish, i didnt know.

it's a trap they've fallen for so many times, they brag about their defensive record but won't see the reason is because they play very defensivly and don't commit midfielders into the box.

Compared with our midfielders in all competitions:

Nolan: 12

Barton: 5

Tioté: 1

Jonas: 2

Ben Arfa: 1

Raylor: 2

23 in total.

you have to love the fact that ben arfa (out nearly all season has scored as many as their entire midfield and raylor has outscore the lot.

Big last 7 games for Bruce,failure to finish in top 10 will not go down well with Ellis Short.

Difficult to put a finger on what is going on but we undoubtably have good players but Bruce is not getting the best out of them and these next 7 games are massive for Bruce,these are games we are expected to win and like I say failure to finish top 10 could spell the end of Bruce's reign.

Good to see this thread resurrected though,going above Sunderland must be a big thing for Newcastle fans these days,how times have changed.

Its been resurrected every few days all season long, not just when we go ahead of you. Yes times have changed, you  are not so confident about your team any more and with good reason, whereas we've remained realistic all season.

You are saying you are good on paper, but in all honesty you are an average premiership team at best despite spending huge amounts of money, and you rode your luck first part of the season. Your goalkeepers are average, prone to mistakes, central defence is average while only Bardsley can be counted as a decent fullback, in the centre you are confused, no one plays in the same position apart from Cattermole who is a dirty c*** and his stand out quality is injuring people while Henderson still has yet to have a decent game all season. You've added a couple of Africans which haven't settled while one of them although being utter dogshit has been hailed on wearside as the next best thing since a benefit increase, due to his teammates winning him a Champions League medal. Upfront you've got Gyan who looks more interested in playing for Ghana (in fact he's more interested in rapping than Sunderland) isn't and out and out goalscorer while he will be looking for a move away if you finish in a s**** position. Add to that several key players who are not yours and are playing for their parent club to notice them.

The man in control of all this has a proven record on how not to finish a season, isn't really one of you which he's reminded every loss or poor performance and has spent a shitload with very little return. Whatever money is available in the summer, would you really want him to spend it? If he wasn't so preoccupied on getting us back, finding a song to play, maybe he'd have time to work out where the goals can come from, but even in his latest defeat all he has on his mind is us, and how you bounced back from the humiliated 5-1. Are you that insignificant everything, every last detail of your season revolves are us? Bruce will hail this season as a success if he finishes ahead of us, problem is, too many of you will buy in to it and happy to do it all over again next season minus a couple of key players who've had enough.

I think you'll all finally look back on Quinn's decision to sign on Bruce for the foreseeable as a decision so bad it ranks alongside giving Capello a new contract before the world cup, but then again its not like Sunderland to shoot their load early, or believe the season is finished in January.  :lol: And when it comes to sack him? £10m. Remains of the Bent money, and if you think he's a putty faced b****** Mag now, just wait till you try and offload him, he'll want the lot and take you to the cleaners. He'll be buying pints for us lot all over Newcastle when that day comes. 'Have a pint on sunderland, sorry it took so long'.

I do think however there is no chance of you going down. 7 games left, 4 at home, winnable games all over, but no goals in 7 hours, one win in 10 and all those teams knowing they are in a fight to survive, do your players have the stomach? Does Bruce and more importantly, do the fans at the SOL? I highly doubt you will be since 90% of you believed next season you'd finally get a chance to even up your European goal tally against Shola Ameobi, but being the 3rd lowest goalscorers in the league, it would take some time.

Wank material that like, cracking post.

I'll tell you what happened... Fucking Spring arrived and the players found out they are in fuckign Sunderland.

It's ok for you lot in the winter, players stay at home, are on the training ground or go on little holidays...the city(?) is dark. As soon as the fucking sun comes out they can see the city they live in. My performances would drop if the sun came out to brighten up Sunderland and I suddenly realised what 'd let myself in for.

Fuuuuukin hell, imagine. Its Saturday, and after the game it's their day off... they're gonna have to take the wife to the Glass centre or something. Depressing or what!

I'll tell you what happened... Fucking Spring arrived and the players found out they are in fuckign Sunderland.

It's ok for you lot in the winter, players stay at home, are on the training ground or go on little holidays...the city(?) is dark. As soon as the fucking sun comes out they can see the city they live in. My performances would drop if the sun came out to brighten up Sunderland and I suddenly realised what 'd let myself in for.

Fuuuuukin hell, imagine. Its Saturday, and after the game it's their day off... they're gonna have to take the wife to the Glass centre or something. Depressing or what!

:lol:

Don't they all live in Newcastle or Durham though?