Sunderland...

Heron

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Craig Gardner is decent if unspectacular. Good shot on him, works hard. No surprise to see him back in the PL.

His brother Gary is going to be 10 times the player, though.

Someone should sign his other brother, Guy Gardner. He's good unless he plays a team in yellow.

Since when was football "sold to the middle classes"? Honestly man some of the s*** they type is f***ing deranged.

Plenty of people argue that the influence of Sky has ruined football for proper fans, to be fair to the mackem mong.

How has sky ruined football for 'proper fans'? And where are all of these middle class types at matches? If you cannot afford to go to the game it's not SKY's problem, I mean it's 'fairly' expensive, but it's hardly robbery, especialy in the North East (Sunderland in particular where a couple years back they were selling tickets for the derby at £25 a pop). The world has changed and football has changed with it, if it wasn;t SKY it would be somebody else.

I'm not arguing on the substance of the point, I agree it's much more complicated than he's making it sound. I was just saying that he's not the first person I've heard make comments like that.

Fair do's :thup:

Guest BooBoo

Larsson to Sunderland. Difficult to really imagine a more Steve Bruce esque signing.

He'll do okay for them.

Larrson wil;l do very well there, if they can get Whickham in too they'll have done a lot to balance out their squad, still more work to do, which knowing bruce he'll do via the loan market. That Henderson deal was a bloody fantastic one for them, got them well and truely out of the shit, stupid Liverpool, it's still doesn't make any sense to pay that much for that footballer.

Guest Wearside

Gordon going, or is he injured?

Both.

He will almost certainly be sold if we can find a buyer who is willing to take a risk on his injury,big rumours that he is going to Arsenal.

What ever happened to the french player,cana or something.Didn't he cost them a few quid.

Funnily enough he's Albanian. Which makes it even stranger that he left after a season.

Guest Heneage

Two very solid signings for them to bolster a small squad. I think many will expect big moves due to the sale of Darren Bent, I also believe they might not see those kinds of deals.

The triple bid for Gibson, O'Shea, and Brown said a lot for what they intend to do this summer in my opinion, add experience to avoid situations like the Halloween derby game where the younger members of the squad were simply overawed and cowered.