Sunderland...

Heron

Erdnic isn't all that prolific is he? and he seems to be our main target.

Just think we are in very similar positions, also don't think we should sell Best unless he is pushing to leave.

In the 4 seasons he's been a regular Ligue 1 striker he's got 45 in 130. 1 goal in 3 striker.

I stand corrected :thup:

Was reading a report earlier that Erding has more like 1 every 2.5 games, stats seem to vary though.  58 in 130 odd for Sochaux and PSG, two aulity finishes vs Arles, on his weaker foot as well!

http://frenchfootballweekly.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/the-forgotten-hit-man-mevlut-erding/

Guest Roger Kint

Honestly don't know what to make of the Whickham transfer, but his goal record is pretty poor for the championship.

Played on the right of a 5 man midfield for a fair part by all accounts. As some mackem pointed out he has more league goals than Shearer did at that age(dont ask)

Didn't Wickham score against us at SJP in the Championship?

Aye. He raped us.

:kinnear:

Oops, sorry was supposed to quote taxfree's post about him raping us, as apart from the goal I can't remember him doing too much.  Although no player that day did much, typical end of season match where nobody seemed to be trying.  If that was our back 4 getting raped by a striker, I'd hate to know what Van Persie did to them in the 4 all.

Guest neesy111

Honestly don't know what to make of the Whickham transfer, but his goal record is pretty poor for the championship.

Played on the right of a 5 man midfield for a fair part by all accounts. As some mackem pointed out he has more league goals than Shearer did at that age(dont ask)

Yeah, but shearer was playing in the top division.

The people calling him a 'special' talent are wide of the mark. He's decent and has some potential for improvement, but he is not 'special' by any means. Special is Wayne Rooney or Alan Shearer, this kid will be lucky if he does as much in the top flight as Peter Crouch or Jermaine Defoe.

If I remember correctly Dave, for some reason they had something ridiculous like a 4 on 2 counter in the last minute?  Wickham's goal was pretty decent I seem to remember as well, Leazes end and drilled it into the bottom corner after getting past Colo and ANother.  Our whole team was just going through the motions that day though, the stats off that BBC report prove that.

Guest BooBoo

Typical end of season affair with both clubs in snooze mode.

To say that Wickham "raped" us is just attention seeking silliness.

Typical end of season affair with both clubs in snooze mode.

To say that Wickham "raped" us is just attention seeking silliness.

The fuck it is. Whatever reason, he really did harrass our defenders.

Actually a bit sore about them signing wickham, could be a big player in future or could be another Franny Jeffers.

He's the right type of player in that he's mobile and looks to have some ability but if we'd spent that much on him instead of a striker with a bit more comprehensive goals record I wouldn't be comfortable with it.

He's certainly a prospect, but far from the finished article and not what we need right now (i.e. an experienced, proven goalscorer).

He's a player that, if nurtured properly, could just develop into a good player. Not at Newcastle or Sunderland though.

Guest neesy111

He ran about a bit against a team with one eye on their holidays, would be more appropriate.

Agreed.  Just been speaking to a Leicester fan and he says he has seen nothing special in the lad.

He ran about a bit against a team with one eye on their holidays, would be more appropriate.

Agreed.  Just been speaking to a Leicester fan and he says he has seen nothing special in the lad.

An Inverness Caledonian Thistle fan told me he is amazing.