Sunderland...

Heron

He's a good player and will get better with experience. His value is only going one way but I still don't think he's what they need right now.

It's more of an investment than anything else. They've only got one fit striker - Gyan and now Wickham. Sessegnon could fill in I suppose but after that it's the kids. That's a hell of a gamble to rely on those 3 to score the goals.

He's a good player and will get better with experience. His value is only going one way but I still don't think he's what they need right now.

It's more of an investment than anything else. They've only got one fit striker - Gyan and now Wickham. Sessegnon could fill in I suppose but after that it's the kids. That's a hell of a gamble to rely on those 3 to score the goals.

JIDONGWON

JIDONGWON

Fine. They're relying on Gyan, Wickham, the Korean lad and Sessegnon. They've got about 40 PL starts between them! :lol:

JIDONGWON

Fine. They're relying on Gyan, Wickham, the Korean lad and Sessegnon. They've got about 40 PL starts between them! :lol:

How many do ours have? :blush:

JIDONGWON

That's a fair point. :)

I think Ba will do ok though. Ameobi has generally chipped in (somehow) with 6 or 7. Best will get a few as will Lovenkrands. I also think we've got more goals in our midfield, particularly Ben Arfa, than them.

JIDONGWON

quite a few with shola there

JIDONGWON

quite a few with shola there

Aye, I started looking and had forgotten about the gormless knacker.

Sunderland star striker Gyan - 10 goals in 31 Premier League games.

Newcastle old and past it striker Lovenkrands - 9 goals in 37 Premier League games.

I imagine the goals per minute ratio isn't too dissimilar either.

Nice stats there O0

Sunderland star striker Gyan - 10 goals in 31 Premier League games.

Newcastle old and past it striker Lovenkrands - 9 goals in 37 Premier League games.

I imagine the goals per minute ratio isn't too dissimilar either.

Goals for ALL of Africa: 10 goals in 2001 minutes = 200.1/goal

Goals for ALL of Denmark: 9 goals in 2052 minutes = 228/goal

:bluestar:

I reckon there is more chance of the Korean doing well next season than Wickham.

Good to see that the brainwashing has worked

:snod:

You seen this by the way?

Can't see where Gibson would fit in ?

At Sunderland. They love their average midfielders.

Hand on heart I was speaking to the Birmingham fan (I say 'the' because I only know of one in real life) today and quizzed him over the Gardner deal and he said that he was baffled as to what Bruce is playing at. Gardner is basically a slightly more downmarket version of Gibson - both of them wallop the ball towards the goal if they get the slightest chance and break down loads of attacking moves doing so. He said he feared for Gyan next season because he'll never see the ball if they're going to play a midfield of both Gibson and Gardener :lol:

Then again he did say he thought Gardner would be a good addition to our team because he does Nolan's job ("Scores goals and...well, he scores goals" were his words).

I think Bruce is a bit simple tbh.

Annoyed that his midfielders have done nothing all season he's gone and bought the two midfielders in the league he can afford that can shoot/score goals. Simplistic solution that doesn't take into consider that they are both utterly average players.

For my money Meyler is their best midfielder and he's more or less ruined him by rushing him back from a very serious injury twice in 12 months. I kna someone (Look at me, I'm the new cwarr07!) who works at the club and has said it's fairly common knowledge Bruce fell out with and then sacked Sunderland's head physio because he stood up to the lesbian looking wanker and told him he was rushing players back from injury. He whinges about their crocks but they're almost all his own doing.

God forbid the Mackems get a manager who is semi-capable. Imagine if Short was backing someone like Martin O'Neill?

Agree with the sentiment, but O'Neill for his virtues pisses away more money than sense  :lol:

He spends money like it's going out of fashion, but he cultivates a decent team with it. With the hundreds of millions wasted on Keane and Bruce, O'Neill could've put together a side with European ambitions, with the odd reserve player on £70,000 a week.

Aye fair point like.

If the current deals go through as rumoured (Garnder, 3 Man U players, Korean guy) Bruce will have spaffed the Henderson money away. All it would take for him then would be to spend whatever he had left on N'Gog and Roger Johnson.  :thup:

Speaking of which the same bloke who told me about Bruce sacking the physio says the Korean lad has been bought for no other reason than to give Sunderland a platform to break into the Asian market. It wasn't actually a footballing decision, so much so that Bruce didn't speak to the player or his agent - it was all done via Ellis Short and one of his lawyers who was sent out to Korea last week to tie up the deal when other clubs began to show an interest.

:lol: Oldtype will not be impressed.

I reckon there is more chance of the Korean doing well next season than Wickham.

Good to see that the brainwashing has worked

:snod:

You seen this by the way?

Can't see where Gibson would fit in ?

At Sunderland. They love their average midfielders.

Hand on heart I was speaking to the Birmingham fan (I say 'the' because I only know of one in real life) today and quizzed him over the Gardner deal and he said that he was baffled as to what Bruce is playing at. Gardner is basically a slightly more downmarket version of Gibson - both of them wallop the ball towards the goal if they get the slightest chance and break down loads of attacking moves doing so. He said he feared for Gyan next season because he'll never see the ball if they're going to play a midfield of both Gibson and Gardener :lol:

Then again he did say he thought Gardner would be a good addition to our team because he does Nolan's job ("Scores goals and...well, he scores goals" were his words).

I think Bruce is a bit simple tbh.

Annoyed that his midfielders have done nothing all season he's gone and bought the two midfielders in the league he can afford that can shoot/score goals. Simplistic solution that doesn't take into consider that they are both utterly average players.

For my money Meyler is their best midfielder and he's more or less ruined him by rushing him back from a very serious injury twice in 12 months. I kna someone (Look at me, I'm the new cwarr07!) who works at the club and has said it's fairly common knowledge Bruce fell out with and then sacked Sunderland's head physio because he stood up to the lesbian looking w***** and told him he was rushing players back from injury. He whinges about their crocks but they're almost all his own doing.

God forbid the Mackems get a manager who is semi-capable. Imagine if Short was backing someone like Martin O'Neill?

Agree with the sentiment, but O'Neill for his virtues pisses away more money than sense  :lol:

He spends money like it's going out of fashion, but he cultivates a decent team with it. With the hundreds of millions wasted on Keane and Bruce, O'Neill could've put together a side with European ambitions, with the odd reserve player on £70,000 a week.

Aye fair point like.

If the current deals go through as rumoured (Garnder, 3 Man U players, Korean guy) Bruce will have spaffed the Henderson money away. All it would take for him then would be to spend whatever he had left on N'Gog and Roger Johnson.  :thup:

Speaking of which the same bloke who told me about Bruce sacking the physio says the Korean lad has been bought for no other reason than to give Sunderland a platform to break into the Asian market. It wasn't actually a footballing decision, so much so that Bruce didn't speak to the player or his agent - it was all done via Ellis Short and one of his lawyers who was sent out to Korea last week to tie up the deal when other clubs began to show an interest.

:lol: Oldtype will not be impressed.

Those sort of theories inevitably come up every time an Asian player is signed, but they're inevitably bullshit.

Contrary to the stereotypes, signing an Asian player does not mean that 10 million glory hunter mugs from his country will suddenly be buying your shirt. There are exactly as many Wolves, Spurs, Reading, Fulham, Boro, West Brom, Wigan, and Bolton fans in this country now as there were before they signed their Korean players:zero. (well, not counting British ex-pats and the like I suppose)

It worked for Man United and Park because Man United is Man United and Ji-sung Park might as well be the son of God in this country. Sunderland isn't Man United and most non-football fans in Korea barely even know that Ji Dong-Won exists.

Get in. That's the response I was hoping to see. Crushing the stereotypes.

DI-SoG has said stuff on here quite a few times related to the mackems like. Wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth behind it, as misguided as it is.

How highly rated is he in the context of South Korean football?

Simultaneously our second-choice center-forward(we play one up front) and one of our brightest youth prospects, so pretty highly.

He usually plays better for the national team than at club level though. Won rookie of the year in his debut season but had a pretty dire half-season this year before he was sold.