Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Loven11

Yeah you signed some decent players, I'll give you that but I don't see why we should be worried.

Guest Roger Kint

Progression is going forwards. Going backwards is regression. Going sideways is just 'gression'.

What is Sessegnon?

away from Sunderland next summer if he's as good as the Makems say he is.

Well from what i have seen he is a canny player, seemed to excel when they ran out of strikers

Guest Wearside

Who's this physical striker? Wickham?  :idiot2:

Yes,Wickham is the physical striker and will provide the space for our flair players like Gyan and Sessegnon to do their thing.Just ask Mr Coloccini how physical Wickham is after the way young Connor give him the runaround not much than a year ago.

Progression is going forwards. Going backwards is regression. Going sideways is just 'gression'.

What is Sessegnon?

away from Sunderland next summer if he's as good as the Makems say he is.

Well from what i have seen he is a canny player, seemed to excel when they ran out of strikers

That's him gone so.

Yes,Wickham is the physical striker and will provide the space for our flair players like Gyan and Sessegnon to do their thing.Just ask Mr Coloccini how physical Wickham is after the way young Connor give him the runaround not much than a year ago.

He's very overrated though, eh? O0

You seem very optimistic for a fella who supports a team who's first team strikers are 1 in 3 in the PL and 1 in 6 in the championship...

Guest Roger Kint

It's like someone installed the RTG chip in Wearside :lol:.

Think the mackem gene finally overpowered him and is running amok in his empty head tbh

As much as I appreciate the rivalry. I've got no problem admiting that you got a decent player in Larsson. I don't know much about Gardner and Wickham to judge them, but going by the price of Wickham and his age, £8-£12 mill is a lot for a 18-yr old kid who has only been playing and scoring in the championship. But, by all means, a possible promising prospect.

Am I worried? No. I still think we have a better squad than you, but selling Nolan might have proven stupid. Last season Sunderland was dependent on a couple of loan signings, which won't return (?). So that might have weaken your team. There's still plenty of time left in the transfer window, and both teams can sign good players.

However, I can't figure out why Sunderland haven't learned from our previous mistakes (Butt and Smith) by signing Man Utd reject. Gibson and O'shea (missed anyone?) are strongly linked with you.

Guest johnson293

As much as I appreciate the rivalry. I've got no problem admiting that you got a decent player in Larsson. I don't know much about Gardner and Wickham to judge them, but going by the price of Wickham and his age, £8-£12 mill is a lot for a 18-yr old kid who has only been playing and scoring in the championship. But, by all means, a possible promising prospect.

Am I worried? No. I still think we have a better squad than you, but selling Nolan might have proven stupid. Last season Sunderland was dependent on a couple of loan signings, which won't return (?). So that might have weaken your team. There's still plenty of time left in the transfer window, and both teams can sign good players.

However, I can't figure out why Sunderland haven't learned from our previous mistakes (Butt and Smith) by signing Man Utd reject. Gibson and O'shea (missed anyone?) are strongly linked with you.

31 year old Wes Brown, too.  :iamatwat:

Guest Wearside

O'Shea would be an absolutely fantastic signing and easily our best signing of the summer.

This is not a computer game,this is the real world,you have to be realistic and someone like O'Shea would be an incredible signing for a mid table team like Sunderland.

O'Shea is the same level of average in every position on the pitch. That's why he's at United, because he can slot in anywhere and Fergie knows exactly what he's getting and it's average.

Guest Heneage

O'Shea would be an absolutely fantastic signing and easily our best signing of the summer.

This is not a computer game,this is the real world,you have to be realistic and someone like O'Shea would be an incredible signing for a mid table team like Sunderland.

Would you deploy O'shea as a CB or LB?

I'm not talking computer game at all (I would do that in the game thread). Where do you see O'shea play? For me, he is a right- or left-back. Who do you have there today?

Bardsley, Richardson, Angeleri (anyone else?). I can agree with you that he's better than those three. But to me, it's pretty alarming that you would go all out* for a 31 year old defender of O'shea's calibre.

* all out = describing him as an incredible signing, when in reality, he's just an upgrade. At the age of 31, he might have some valuble experience, yes. But he's not really a long term right/left back for you. I just think you should go for someone younger (yes, EPL experience count), and maybe look for something for the longer term than just a season or two. And stay away from Man Utd "rejects".

Guest Wearside

O'Shea is the same level of average in every position on the pitch. That's why he's at United, because he can slot in anywhere and Fergie knows exactly what he's getting and it's average.

Take a look at the Man Utd messageboard called RedCafe,they are up in arms about O'Shea being sold and that's good enough for me.

Take a look at the Man Utd messageboard called RedCafe,they are up in arms about O'Shea being sold and that's good enough for me.

Aye, because his doing great in that ManU side. But what when he's going to play with average defenders week after week?

Mate, I live and work in Manchester. None of them give a shit. They all despise Gibson as well.

Guest Wearside

Would you deploy O'shea as a CB or LB?

Almost certainly at centre half I'd say and I'd also expect he will be the new captain if he signs.

In all honesty, if anyone seems worries its wearside with his over the top defence. I think you have made some decent signings tbh but then again someone asked me the other day which one would walk into our first team and none of them would for me. Same goes for the Man U # they are linked to.

Fair play for filling the squad but when you sit back and look at it they aren't even replacing the quality that left the squad through loans and sales let alone progressing.

But hey how, it's their fault if there over the top hopes are dashed for another season.

Us on the other hand with Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba and even the likes of Ben Arfa and Gosling getting fit.. yeah I'm more confident that we have moved forward tbh :)

Guest Wearside

Mate, I live and work in Manchester. None of them give a s***. They all despise Gibson as well.

I can't really say I'm a big fan of Gibson either,he was awful when he was on loan at Wolves a couple of year ago and a couple of Wolves fans I know were delighted when he went back to Man Utd.

Honestly though I think O'Shea will be a great signing,can play anywhere in the back four aswell as a defensive midfielder,would be a very good signing.

Guest Wearside

In all honesty, if anyone seems worries its wearside with his over the top defence. I think you have made some decent signings tbh but then again someone asked me the other day which one would walk into our first team and none of them would for me. Same goes for the Man U # they are linked to.

Fair play for filling the squad but when you sit back and look at it they aren't even replacing the quality that left the squad through loans and sales let alone progressing.

But hey how, it's their fault if there over the top hopes are dashed for another season.

Us on the other hand with Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba and even the likes of Ben Arfa and Gosling getting fit.. yeah I'm more confident that we have moved forward tbh :)

How have you moved forward?

Are you seriously trying to tell me that Ba is better than Carroll or Cabaye is better than Nolan?

Come on man,at least be honest.

They may well in time go on to be better but at this moment in time your squad is weaker than when it started the beginning of last season.