Sunderland...

Heron

You've just said nobody knows how good Cabaye is (not entirely correct, but for the sake of argument) and that to say he is better than Nolan is wrong and deluded on our behalf. Yet you can't see how you are doing EXACTLY the same thing by saying Cabaye is definitely worse despite also never seeing him play or knowing how good he is?

Come the fuck on man. Unbelievable.

Guest Wearside

You've just said nobody knows how good Cabaye is (not entirely correct, but for the sake of argument) and that to say he is better than Nolan is wrong and deluded on our behalf. Yet you can't see how you are doing EXACTLY the same thing by saying Cabaye is definitely worse despite also never seeing him play or knowing how good he is?

Come the f*** on man. Unbelievable.

The stats show Cabaye scored 2(two) goals from midfield last season and he is replacing a bloke who scored 12,yes (twelve) goals from midfield.

Is it sinking in yet?

Cabaye scored 13 (thirteen) the season before that, better than Nolan has ever managed in the top flight.

Cabaye is an international for a better nation than Nolan's who he has never represented. He is highly rated, captain of the French double winners and was regarded as a transfer coup. Nolan has been signed by a Championship club.

Is it sinking in yet?

This is besides the fact that judging players purely on goals and assists is an utterly stupid thing to do.

The stats show Cabaye scored 2(two) goals from midfield last season and he is replacing a bloke who scored 12,yes (twelve) goals from midfield.

Is it sinking in yet?

The stats show that their career top flight scoring record is pretty similar

(not that the stats are the be all and end all)

Guest Wearside

I love how everytime he is faced with a fullproof argument or question he cannot answer/understand he changes the subject. Pathetic.

What do you want me to answer?

Come the fuck on man. Unbelievable.

This.

I can't comprehend how anybody can be so thick that they completely ignore their own glaring hypocrisy.

Guest Wearside

This.

I can't comprehend how anybody can be so thick that they completely ignore their own glaring hypocrisy.

I've never said he is 'definetely' worse.

I have said that the Cabaye thread is cringeworthy becuse the majority on there have never even seen him play,EVER.

How many times have you seen him play Sewelly?

It's probably worth bearing in mind that french football is not available on either sky or espn platforms.

Looking forward to a detailed description of when you've seen him play.

Don't take too long.

This.

I've never said he is 'definetely' worse.

I have said that the Cabaye thread is cringeworthy becuse the majority on there have never even seen him play,EVER.

How many times have you seen him play Sewelly?

It's probably worth bearing in mind that french football is not available on either sky or espn platforms.

Looking forward to a detailed description of when you've seen him play.

Don't take too long.

:lol:

:lol: This is actually unbelievable.

Nolan is better than Cabaye - The stats show this very,very,very clearly

Carroll is better than Ba - I don't need to go any further on this subject,it's very clear.

Barton is 1000000% times better than Marveaux - Again I don't need to go further on this subject.

As it stands,Newcastle are far,far,far weaker than last season.

In bold. Categorically, you say, "Nolan is better than Cabaye".

You've said it is embarrassing that people have concluded Cabaye is better than Nolan despite never seeing him play, but then, despite you never, ever seeing him play yourself have categorically said that Nolan is better. How can you not understand how absolutely ridiculous this hypocrisy is?

Your judgement for saying Nolan is better than Cabaye (which you have, just to remind you again, because it seems you are incredibly slow) is based on goalscoring stats. People on here who haven't seen Cabaye play are rating him based on his reputation in France, the fact he was captain and star of the French champions, the fact that he is now a regular the France national team and tenuous things such as passing statistics and assists (no less tenuous than you rating him based on one goalscoring season, incidentally ignoring the fact he hit 13 the season before).

Now tell me, what is the difference in you deciding that Nolan is definitely better based on nothing other than one season of goalscoring statistics and people on here speculating/feeling optimistic (nothing ever as definite as you have displayed in regards to this comparison) based on the players very credible reputation and past record?

In regards to me seeing Cabaye play. I saw him about 4 or 5 times last season for Lille (cite the 'Other Games Thread' for examples of me watching Lille play) and twice for France since he signed for us. He seemed a tidy, technically gifted passer of the ball with a reasonable engine and some bite to his game. Based on this limited viewing, which happens to be far more than yourself, I'd say he looks a good player.

I hope this detailed explanation of how fucking stupid you're being doesn't once again go over your head, because quite frankly it is becoming very boring trying to get you to understand such a simple point.

Quote from: Wearside on June 26, 2011, 03:20:17 AM

Carroll is better than Ba - I don't need to go any further on this subject,it's very clear.

Barton is 1000000% times better than Marveaux - Again I don't need to go further on this subject.

So you have said that Cabaye is definitively worse than Nolan, you humongous bellend.

Guest Wearside

:lol: This is actually unbelievable.

In bold. Categorically, you say, "Nolan is better than Cabaye".

You've said it is embarrassing that people have concluded Cabaye is better than Nolan despite never seeing him play, but then, despite you never, ever seeing him play yourself have categorically said that Nolan is better. How can you not understand how absolutely ridiculous this hypocrisy is?

Your judgement for saying Nolan is better than Cabaye (which you have, just to remind you again, because it seems you are incredibly slow) is based on goalscoring stats. People on here who haven't seen Cabaye play are rating him based on his reputation in France, the fact he was captain and star of the French champions, the fact that he is now a regular the France national team and tenuous things such as passing statistics and assists (no less tenuous than you rating him based on one goalscoring season, incidentally ignoring the fact he hit 13 the season before).

Now tell me, what is the difference in you deciding that Nolan is definitely better based on nothing other than one season of goalscoring statistics and people on here speculating/feeling optimistic (nothing ever as definite as you have displayed in regards to this comparison) based on the players very credible reputation and past record?

In regards to me seeing Cabaye play. I saw him about 4 or 5 times last season for Lille (cite the 'Other Games Thread' for examples of me watching Lille play) and twice for France since he signed for us. He seemed a tidy, technically gifted passer of the ball with a reasonable engine and some bite to his game. Based on this limited viewing, which happens to be far more than yourself, I'd say he looks a good player.

I hope this detailed explanation of how f***ing stupid you're being doesn't once again go over your head, because quite frankly it is becoming very boring trying to get you to understand such a simple point.

You are still failing to understand the basic simple fact that foreign players take time to adapt to the pace of English football.

Which part of Nolan leaving and destroying your 'team spirit' are you failing to grasp?

Which part of Nolan being an absolute leader on and off the pitch are you struggling to comprehend?

Which part of Nolan being your top scorer,yes top scorer are you failing to see?

Open your eyes bonny lad and see what's unfolding in front of your very eyes.

Seriously, how do you go about your day without just walking into traffic or something? I've explained this very simple point in the most elaborate, intricate, explanatory manner possible and yet still it has gone completely over your head and you've moved onto something else. Flabbergasted.

Who's this physical striker? Wickham?  :idiot2:

Yes,Wickham is the physical striker and will provide the space for our flair players like Gyan and Sessegnon to do their thing.Just ask Mr Coloccini how physical Wickham is after the way young Connor give him the runaround not much than a year ago.

so whickham replaces Bent and Jones and improves you. canny that like.

Who's this physical striker? Wickham?  :idiot2:

Yes,Wickham is the physical striker and will provide the space for our flair players like Gyan and Sessegnon to do their thing.Just ask Mr Coloccini how physical Wickham is after the way young Connor give him the runaround not much than a year ago.

so whickham replaces Bent and Jones and improves you. canny that like.

but wickham is very over rated and it's very, very worrying if he is to go straight into the first team.........................according to a mackem on here.

wearside, i'm just wondering how you view yourself, as a liar or a hypocrate ?

Tbh I would say wearside has had a couple of 'bites' but the majority of replies are people just making him look really stupid, especially when his posts are bumped that completely undermine his argument.

I don't think I really understand what a bite is but I assumed it's when people reply going off the handle and making themselves look silly, if they just make the 'fisherman' look a twat is it really a bite?