Sunderland...

Heron

:yikes: I can't believe Sewelly v Queerside went on till 4am??!!!!   :cheesy:

dunno what sewellys excuse is but that weardoside often mooches round here in the small hours name calling and talking shit. like them knackers with thier banners, when few are around.

How is the team spirit gone now Nolan has gone? Yes he was the key to it beginning but if him leaving eNds the team spirtit there can not have been much there, if there is/was such a strong team spirit then it will continue without Nolan I'm sure

Anyway on team spirit why does no other club bang on about it as much as ours does

Guest Geordiesned

Why is anyone engaging in any sort of discussion/argument with Wearside? He's proved himself to be every inch as dense as any other Mackem on RTG.

That sort of s*** annoys me so much, like. Especially when 'our side' can't really form a coherent argument. :lol: They don't exactly help over there.

Pointless even forming a coherent argument over there as someone come out with some outlandish bullshit, attach a few smilies and the other mackems will follow suit and not address the issue at all

'Ha'way man history is history man, if they want to be sad enough to go on about what happened decades ago then fine, but most our lot have more class then that (obviously minus the ones on here).'

:dowie:

But but 9-1......

This 'touch of class' thing again then :lol:

Why do they not class the fairs cup as a credible trophy?

Because we won it, basically.

That thread's a joke though.  They're trying to make a comparison of events from almost eighty fucking years ago.  They still bleat on about 1973 as if it was 'recent' history - that was nigh on forty years back.  Aye, both teams have filled theselves with glory in the decades since then.  Tits.

Bruce is paying for his love of the loan market. He's had to bring in a lot of players already just to keep the numbers up.

From what I've seen of the new players, they'll keep the Sunderland squad an average one, winning enough to stay out of trouble but a distinct lack of quality means they certainly won't be progressing. Provided they get a couple more players in, they'll finish 10th-ish again. However, some bad injuries could easily see them hovering above the drop zone.

Guest Wally_McFool

If they had won it they would do (even though they will convince themselves otherwise!).

The fairs cup was proper knockout  European football as opposed to the boring league stages shite of the Wafer Cup or whatever its called these days.

I don't think Rangers fans thought it was too Mickey Mouse either.

If they had won it they would do (even though they will convince themselves otherwise!).

The fairs cup was proper knockout  European football as opposed to the boring league stages s**** of the Wafer Cup or whatever its called these days.

I don't think Rangers fans thought it was too Mickey Mouse either.

Even Barcelona put it in their honour roll ffs :lol:

But not credible enough for Sunderland and their classy fans.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The Fairs Cup was massive at the time - you can see the footage on youtube. There was a really high calibre of club competing in the competition i.e the Feyonoord team we played and beat won the European cup afterwards. People have difficultly recognising the trophy because some of the better teams in the competition at the time such as Ujpest - didn't quite make the transition into modern football.

Besides the trophy now lives at Nou Camp...