Sunderland...

Heron

This messiah bollocks is another mackem myth that keeps cropping up. :lol: I dont recall Newcastle fans ever calling anyone a messiah, it was just media shite, the closest you'll get is 'King Kev/Keegan' and that's only due to a simple alliteration.

How did Shearer "take us down" when he took over when we were in a relegation spot?  Just another page in the fictional life of Sunderland fans, where they're regarded as a classy team, liked by all, and the black and white sock on their hand which they talk to at work tells them everything they want to believe. the things the Magedia doesn't dare print...

How did Shearer "take us down" when he took over when we were in a relegation spot?  Just another page in the fictional life of Sunderland fans, where they're regarded as a classy team, liked by all, and the black and white sock on their hand which they talk to at work tells them everything they want to believe. the things the Magedia doesn't dare print...

:spit:

Wearside,

What kind of reception do you think N'Zogbia will get this season when he comes with Villa?  Do you think he will get applauded off again?

He loves Newcastle(copyright Newcastle Online Forum) so will probably not get the best of receptions this time. :)

Where's my Shearer "messiah" quote you scummy mackem weasel.

Fan Jodie Cain, 46, said: He’ll do it for us. He is the new messiah and saviour.

I have not slept a wink since I heard he was taking over. He is a god to us.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2358179.ece

Ooops. :)

Bullshit.

Another made-up-to-suit- their-agenda Sun "quote", they and Sky have got a history of it with our fans . I suppose you think the letters page is real as well.

By the way, the Messiah shite was a Sunderland invention referring to Bob Stokoe. Have a look at the Stokoe statue the next time you're at the SOS.

lawrie Mackemenemy did a far better job of destroying Sunderland tbh. A geordie- with the perfect name, took them to the third division- LEGEND :smug:

And who was that Messiah who was caretaker manager when they actually got relegated....?

Joking apart, I've always had a lot of time for Bob Stokoe, he had a far longer career at Newcastle than at Sunderland and won the same amount of trophies at both clubs.

....oh, and he was a lifelong Newcastle fan. Bet that isn't inscribed on his statue.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Just to extend on your point Bigfella - the first time ''messiah'' was used in regularly in football was by Sunderland fans to describe Stokoe.

Kids like Wearside don't have a clue about this when they go on their ramblings.

Just to extend on your point Bigfella - the first time ''messiah'' was used in regularly in football was by Sunderland fans to describe Stokoe.

Kids like Wearside don't have a clue about this when they go on their ramblings.

yet they all saw them win 9-1 a hundred years ago when our commitee did them a deliberate favour.

Cattermole over Tiote?  :kinnear:

He's clearly just picking the Sunderland team plus any player that's meant to be leaving Newcastle :lol:  If Tiote was suddenly supposed to be off he'd get in there ahead of Cattermole.  Because as usual everything they do is more about having a go at Newcastle than it is about supporting Sunderland.

Remember going to Anfield away when we beat them in the 90s and there was a strangely friendly crack on in the ground with the supporters.  Us lot were singing You'll Never Walk Alone and the scousers were singing Blaydon Races and on the way out there were a group of reds outside waiting to shake our hands.  Not sure if it was just a mutual hating of Man U at the time or what.  Better not tell the mackems anyway, they've spent a lot of money on that banner.