Sunderland...

Heron

No he wasn't. He had scored 1 goal since Febuary.

Lets get one thing very,very clear,Newcastle do not have a forward anywhere near the class of Gyan and I mean not even close.

:memelol:

You don't. Gyan would walk into your team.

You don't, more like.

Lets get one thing very,very clear,Newcastle do not have a forward anywhere near the class of Gyan and I mean not even close.

Gyan would walk away from your team. :bluestar:

Guest Wearside

£6m loan fee is an incredible deal and I mean incredible, take a bow Niall. Hopefully Al Ain make the deal permanent and we can fleece even more out of them.

It isn't an incredible deal in full context.  You've certainly got a outlandish fee, but lost an iconic figurehead of your team a few weeks into an already choppy season.  The timing makes it a bad deal imo.

Not much that £6m can do to help right now, is there?

Of course, it doesn't help us till January till we can go and get someone else but now we are almost certainly going to recoup all of the £13m we paid for him and possibly even make a profit on him. Quinn has took Al Ain's eyes out.

Aye, I bet the multi-billionaire Arabs will be facepalming when they realise they've spent marginally more than Gyan's actually worth on securing his services :lol: That'll really ruin their day.

I think the Gyan deal, when looked at alongside the deal for Jones and Bent, highlights the issue Sunderland will always have - anyone with a modicum of genuine talent doesn't want to stay around the place any longer than they really have to. They're an unfashionable club who have, thanks to financial doping, managed to reach the giddy heights of Premier League midtable mediocrity (and NETD). How long before the man who was going to tear us apart Stephane Sessegnon decides he wants to trade Pallion and Hendon for somewhere a bit more picturesque?

It's still hurting you I see.

Not on current form xshrug

Maybe in the latter half of last season.  Maybe.

Guest johnson293

He he.. neither do you now... and he couldn't wait to walk OUT of your team, it seems!

:troll:

Guest sydneycove

Might chuck a 50 down on a double tonight Sunderland to be relegated and Sessengon to be gone by this time next year....... Brighton or QPR is my guess....

Guest Wearside

Carroll, Enrique, Nolan, Barton, Milner, Bassong, Owen. The list just goes on and on and on. People in glass houses........

£6m loan fee is an incredible deal and I mean incredible, take a bow Niall. Hopefully Al Ain make the deal permanent and we can fleece even more out of them.

It isn't an incredible deal in full context.  You've certainly got a outlandish fee, but lost an iconic figurehead of your team a few weeks into an already choppy season.  The timing makes it a bad deal imo.

Not much that £6m can do to help right now, is there?

Of course, it doesn't help us till January till we can go and get someone else but now we are almost certainly going to recoup all of the £13m we paid for him and possibly even make a profit on him. Quinn has took Al Ain's eyes out.

Aye, I bet the multi-billionaire Arabs will be facepalming when they realise they've spent marginally more than Gyan's actually worth on securing his services :lol: That'll really ruin their day.

I think the Gyan deal, when looked at alongside the deal for Jones and Bent, highlights the issue Sunderland will always have - anyone with a modicum of genuine talent doesn't want to stay around the place any longer than they really have to. They're an unfashionable club who have, thanks to financial doping, managed to reach the giddy heights of Premier League midtable mediocrity (and NETD). How long before the man who was going to tear us apart Stephane Sessegnon decides he wants to trade Pallion and Hendon for somewhere a bit more picturesque?

It's still hurting you I see.

I don't know how I cope some days.

Carroll, Enrique, Nolan, Barton, Milner, Bassong, Owen. The list just goes on and on and on. People in glass houses........

Well I am completely shocked that players transfer to other clubs.  Shocked.

But even more poignant were the sentiments the player expressed while in Ghana in May. “Sunderland’s team spirit that I know is not the same. Things are not organised. I’m not too happy there. ”

Doesn't sound too good, does it Wearside.

With Muntari looking like he would not be stay at Wearside the end of the season, John Mensah constantly crocked and Anton Ferdinand, Gyan’s dressing room chum possibly on his way out, some called for Bruce’s head. Asamoah just wanted out.

He just wanted out...

Guest sydneycove

Henderson, Bent, Gyan, Cana and Jones the list really does go on and on. I really am touched you know our transfers out all the way back to our relegation season though  O0

Guest sydneycove

Guest sydneycove

The point being that the fact that Sunderland have a player that would be first choice for us doesn't really mean much when he'd rather f*** off and play in the UAE than stay in the prem if it meant having to play for Sunderland.

Even funnier because the UAE team he joined were lucky not to be relegated last season :mackems:

Well i would agree that Nolan and Barton (imo) didn't want to leave though i think Carroll did and even then there is still the likes of Enrique, Milner, Owen and Bassong.

I'm sure Sunderland fans will be whooping with delight at a potential £6m for a loan, until they realise:

a) They're now another striker short, leaving them with an even less reliable strikeforce (this being a team who are already struggling for goals)

b) They can't spend the money

c) Even if they could, what's Bruce going to do? Improve the team? No, he'd go out and snare Macheda from Man Utd and label it a coup.

Guest sydneycove

c) Even if they could, what's Bruce going to do? Improve the team? No, he'd go out and snare Macheda from Man Utd and label it a coup.

Spending 5 million on a loan fee in the process....