Sunderland...

Heron

Hopefully they'll spunk it all on Bendtner.

Why would you want them to spend their money soundly on talented, quality footballers? :dontknow:

:thup: would rather they spunk it on the striker we brought in on the last day of the window.

Hopefully they'll spunk it all on Bendtner.

Why would you want them to spend their money soundly on talented, quality footballers? :dontknow:

He's not that good. I've said it all along, and still stand by it - I think he will have a very average season.

With the defeat by Chelsea on Saturday, Sunderland have lost seven of their past eight Premier League games at the Stadium of Light. This result may not come as a shock to Sunderland fans but their team's form just might. The Black Cats used to start the season well, then fade badly – from the strat of February last season they took a measly one point from a possible 27. Without a win so far this season it seems they have decided to skip the get-your-hopes-up stage and go straight for the throw-your-season-ticket-at-the-manager stage.

"Our aim is to be established again, improve on what we did last year and go close to the top 10," Steve Bruce said before the start of the season. But the question on the lips of Sunderland fans must now be, can they do this with Bruce at the helm?

The former Wigan Athletic manager was booed by the home fans at the end of the game and it is easy to see why. Sunderland blogger A Love Supreme described the performance as "lacklustre and uncommitted", suggesting that his are a team devoid of motivation and that Bruce is failing to do an integral part of his job. Chelsea's goals also showed that the former central defender is failing to do another integral part of his job: organising his defence.

Bruce blamed "parasites" for the club's record signing Asamoah Gyan – whose pace was sorely lacking up front against Villas-Boas's side – leaving the north-east but, rather than him question Gyan's motivations, the whole process should have fans questioning Bruce's man-management. How and why did he let last season's leading scorer leave only three games into the season when, including the Carling Cup, they have scored only two goals from five games, one of which was a consolation against Chelsea?

Bruce has the type of budget and resources that must make David Moyes at Everton wring his hands in envy. Those resources should see Sunderland challenging for Europe. The Scot could be a good choice for the Black Cats if Bruce fails to lead them in that direction and pays with his job, which he may sooner or later. IMc

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/sep/12/five-things-learned-premier-league

Guest johnson293

I would prefer them to buy Crouch obviously, but he's gone. Can see them going after some real quality players (Cissé?), unfortunately. Especially if they get rid of the dross.

If he still in the job, Bruce will probably go back in for Crouch in January!

Guest Roger Kint

I would prefer them to buy Crouch obviously, but he's gone. Can see them going after some real quality players (Cissé?), unfortunately. Especially if they get rid of the dross.

If he still in the job, Bruce will probably go back in for Crouch in January!

Eh? Hes signed for Stoke man even if Bruce wanted him it cant happen.

Guest Wearside

£6m loan fee is an incredible deal and I mean incredible, take a bow Niall. Hopefully Al Ain make the deal permanent and we can fleece even more out of them.