Sunderland...

Heron

Guest sydneycove

£6m loan fee is an incredible deal and I mean incredible, take a bow Niall. Hopefully Al Ain make the deal permanent and we can fleece even more out of them.

Yes and in the meantime the replacing Bent is going swimmingly....

Guest Wearside

£6m loan fee is an incredible deal and I mean incredible

you don't believe it?

Well considering numerous journalists reckoned Gyan was off to Turkey for £5.25m last week I find it hard to believe we've picked up £6m just for a years loan.

Incredible, waiting until the transfer window closes so you can't replace him, loan him out and say he's never coming back so you're sure to lose him for next to nothing or have him become your Xisco. And of course have beleaguered Brucie say the day before that he's staying. We might buy crouch? Fantastic, well done St Niall! Wait, we're not getting Crouch? Brilliant, genius work sir, amazing!

£6m loan fee is an incredible deal and I mean incredible, take a bow Niall. Hopefully Al Ain make the deal permanent and we can fleece even more out of them.

It isn't an incredible deal in full context.  You've certainly got a outlandish fee, but lost an iconic figurehead of your team a few weeks into an already choppy season.  The timing makes it a bad deal imo.

Not much that £6m can do to help right now, is there?

I think the club may have released that fee figure to take some heat off tbh, £2.2m sounds about right and is infact still a shit load of money for a loan.

They'll also find it easier to shift him next season as well with that money in the bank when considering lower fees around £6m but I very much doubt he will join them permanently, he's just making his £6m and then moves on.

Guest Wearside

It isn't an incredible deal in full context.  You've certainly got a outlandish fee, but lost an iconic figurehead of your team a few weeks into an already choppy season.  The timing makes it a bad deal imo.

No he wasn't. He had scored 1 goal since Febuary.

Of course, it doesn't help us till January till we can go and get someone else but now we are almost certainly going to recoup all of the £13m we paid for him and possibly even make a profit on him. Quinn has took Al Ain's eyes out.

Of course, it doesn't help us till January till we can go and get someone else but now we are almost certainly going to recoup all of the £13m we paid for him and possibly even make a profit on him. Quinn has took Al Ain's eyes out.

An iconic figurehead who was well off form.

Sure you were one of those chaps who considered him the second coming of Phillips at some point?

Guest sydneycove

And how many assists. On top of that actually following Asian football would help with giving you a little perspective. Al Ain is owned by the Royal Family of Abu Dhabi (UAE). 6 million pound is absolutely nothing in the context of how much they would pay for any big name player to try and draw a crowd. Not to mention Gyan is obviously who Bruce built the team around.

Guest Wearside

Sure you were one of those chaps who considered him the second coming of Phillips at some point?

Gyan had decent stats, 10 goals from 31 appearances is not bad in PL terms but was never going to be that regular goalscorer we needed. It's also now obvious that we have been trying to offload him all summer and maybe those newspaper reports of us sending an email to clubs advertising Gyan for sale were true aswell.

Hmmm yes, QUIET OBVIOUS that you have been trying to offload him all summer...

“I met him on Thursday, with his agent, and shook his hand. We talked for half an hour and he said he wanted to stay. Then it’s transpired that he’s talking to this, that and the other and wants to leave to go to the UAE. I don’t think I had a choice when someone is adamant he wants to leave.”

UNLESS!  Bruce was lying when he said the above... 

Guest sydneycove

Gyan had decent stats, 10 goals from 31 appearances is not bad in PL terms but was never going to be that regular goalscorer we needed. It's also now obvious that we have been trying to offload him all summer and maybe those newspaper reports of us sending an email to clubs advertising Gyan for sale were true aswell.

How very professional. What great work by all at the club blatantly telling lies. Kinda sounds like a board Mackems always deny having.....

*Niall Quinn drinks 12 pints of Guinness, careers his tractor into the SoL, wiping out a row of disabled supporters and half of the first team, knocking over a supporting pillar and bringing the whole thing crashing down into a pile of rubble and broken pink seats, before staggering out of the drivers seat and vomiting on the statue of Bob Stokoe*

Fantastic work Niall! Incredible! This gives us just the incentive we need to start afresh' date=' new ground, new players.  And we're the top story on all channels, even those run by the Magedia!  Our profile on the world stage has absolutely sky-rocketed, I tip my hat to your genius![/quote']

Guest johnson293

Gyan had decent stats, 10 goals from 31 appearances is not bad in PL terms but was never going to be that regular goalscorer we needed.

Lets get one thing very,very clear,Newcastle do not have a forward anywhere near the class of Gyan and I mean not even close.

:memelol:

Nice. :lol:

*Niall Quinn drinks 12 pints of Guinness, careers his tractor into the SoL, wiping out a row of disabled supporters and half of the first team, knocking over a supporting pillar and bringing the whole thing crashing down into a pile of rubble and broken pink seats, before staggering out of the drivers seat and vomiting on the statue of Bob Stokoe*

Fantastic work Niall! Incredible! This gives us just the incentive we need to start afresh' date=' new ground, new players.  And we're the top story on all channels, even those run by the Magedia!  Our profile on the world stage has absolutely sky-rocketed, I tip my hat to your genius![/quote']

:lol:

Guest Wearside

Lets get one thing very,very clear,Newcastle do not have a forward anywhere near the class of Gyan and I mean not even close.

:memelol:

You don't. Gyan would walk into your team.

Aye, I bet the multi-billionaire Arabs will be facepalming when they realise they've spent marginally more than Gyan's actually worth on securing his services :lol: That'll really ruin their day.

I think the Gyan deal, when looked at alongside the deal for Jones and Bent, highlights the issue Sunderland will always have - anyone with a modicum of genuine talent doesn't want to stay around the place any longer than they really have to. They're an unfashionable club who have, thanks to financial doping, managed to reach the giddy heights of Premier League midtable mediocrity (and NETD). How long before the man who was going to tear us apart Stephane Sessegnon decides he wants to trade Pallion and Hendon for somewhere a bit more picturesque?

Guest sydneycove

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems: