Sunderland...

Heron

I hate these games. Even at this stage I can't get the thought/dread of it out of my head!

I'd take a draw in this- which shows just how far we have sunken as a club.  :kinnear:

i've always been of the opinion that if we were beating barcelona week in/out and they were getting beat off jarrow roofing likewise......i'd still take a draw pre match. we always have more to lose than them. suppose it comes with being on top for so long.

I hate these games. Even at this stage I can't get the thought/dread of it out of my head!

I'd take a draw in this- which shows just how far we have sunken as a club.  :kinnear:

i've always been of the opinion that if we were beating barcelona week in/out and they were getting beat off jarrow roofing likewise......i'd still take a draw pre match. we always have more to lose than them. suppose it comes with being on top for so long.

This is true. I think even if we hadn't been the better team for years it would still mean more to them than us. The 'chip on the shoulder' saying could not be used more appropriately for them! 

We must get the first goal. We must.

Even some of our goalscorers in past games were rarities. The likes of Luque, Chopra, Emre, O'Brien, Domi, Helder.

None of them were ever prolific and in some cases it was their only goal for us.

Even some of our goalscorers in past games were rarities. The likes of Luque, Chopra, Emre, O'Brien, Domi, Helder.

None of them were ever prolific and in some cases it was their only goal for us.

alan smith off the bench, 1-0  with a 30 yard thunderbolt :celb:

would be fantastic

would be fantastic

I would LOVE IT if that happened.

would be fantastic

I would LOVE IT if that happened.

Except of course that would mean having to endure the pain of Alan fucking Smith entering the pitch.

Obviously that would be worth it in the end :aww:

They've won 2 away games in over 30 and sit 1 point better off than us.

both teams are quite similar aswell,both lacking in creativity with a central midfield that doesn't like to get forward and wide men who are very hitty missy. i'd say we are probably stronger at the back while, in bent, they are probably more likely to take one of the few chances that will come either way.

nuetrals will be looking at a draw.

us not getting beaten definitely stems on keeping Bent tightly marked and Perch vs. Malbranque.  For us I'd love to see Jonas go at Bardsley quite a bit as I don't rate him that highly, plus he's prone to committing the odd stupid foul, and Jonas has an ability to win rather dubious free kicks.

Bardsley is nailed on for a yellow if he plays.

us not getting beaten definitely stems on keeping Bent tightly marked and Perch vs. Malbranque.  For us I'd love to see Jonas go at Bardsley quite a bit as I don't rate him that highly, plus he's prone to committing the odd stupid foul, and Jonas has an ability to win rather dubious free kicks.

wont simpson be back for this?

he might be, but that doesn't mean Hughton is definitely going to drop Perch.

he

ight be, but that doesn't mean Hughton is definitely going to drop Perch.

id have thought it is pretty nailed on Perch will be dropped the moment Simpson is ready to play.