The "We Won't Win Another Game This Season" Fred aka Relegation-o-meter

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We may have had some bumpy rides along the way, but I can't help but feel we'd have been safe with Hughton. I'm almost certain we'll go down with Pardew

Last season the players tried to put our relegation right by working hard for promotion. This season, despite not performing at times, I believe they wanted to try their best to survive another relegation. After this week they probably couldnt care less and just want out of this club asap. The club is going absolutely nowhere with Mike Ashley and if we know it, you can be sure they do.

4 points clear, 22 games to go.

We are led by Alan Pardew in the dugout with Ashley and Llambias helping out with tactics

The three of them will be calling the shots using a bizarre predict-the-result fantasy football strategy (according to caulkin and bird)

Suddenly very worried.

From a 3 at the start of the season, down to a 2 before last weekend, now up to a nine. I think team spirit will be shattered, Enrique along with at least one other first teamer will be gone in January and replaced by shite. Fans won't be behind Pardew/Ashley and Derek, creating a very hostile environment SJP, similar to two years ago. Pardew is a wank manager who won't know how to deal with the pressure. If we somehow stay up, it will be thanks to the points Chris got us and if somehow Carroll continues his phenomenal form.

As soon as bet365 pays me for my bet on Pardew to become manager, I'm lumping all of it on us to get relegated.

Just looking at the fixtures, I can't see where we'll get another 10/15 points from.

I just don't have any faith in this squad without Hughton. Add the fact their heads will be down and Pardew doesn't exactly have the motivation skills to get them back up, and I can see the second half of this season being a nose dive.

Fuck's sake. Even if it is Pardew that gets the gig, I'd have faith in this group of lads to pull together another 23 points from the remaining 22 games to keep us up.

Same, I think. Wouldn't surprise me if it takes yet another manager change to acheive that though. :rolleyes:

A very dim future awaits though.

Guest Heneage

I think they'll stay up but it will be solely because of the bond Hughton built. There's going to be a huge gap between player and manager.

If we stay up, it'll probably be through the players taking it into their own hands. And when I say that, I mean going out there, ignoring instructions from Pardew, and doing it themselves. They just won't work for him. But I can see it being a lot more likely that their heads drop and they just don't perform :(

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting to note that in our relegation season (2008-2009) after 18 games we had 22 points, exactly the same as this season after the same number. Goal difference again is -1, but have more goals for.

2008/09: NUFC after 18 games: 22 points, 12th position (scored 24, conceded 25)

2010/11: NUFC after 18 games: 22 points, 9th position (scored 28, conceded 29)

Overall though still a lot more confident about staying up this season just because west brom away aside the effort and desire seem to be always there.