Newcastle Utd 2 - 1 Sheffield Utd - 05/04/10 - post match reaction from page 12

Nate

Guest ElCid

I'm sure cockney mike is telling porkies about  the crowd as for the second home game in a row the crowd seemed bigger.

Guest fraser

Tbh i thought we were poor overall, not many deserved more than a 7. Lovenkrands finishing was poor, Jonas gave the ball away loads, Enrique was v.poor for the goal as he was 2 yards behind the line, was pretty much standing in the goal watching the ball.

Coloccini was totally bullied for their goal; sends shivers down my spine for next year.

Harper 7 - Nothing wrong, not much to do.

Simpson 6 - Ok ish stands off players too long. Not a premiership quality player

Colo 7.5 cool as a cucumber.

Williamson - 6.5 shaky at times. Poor passing.

Enrique - 9 a class above the rest. Awesome defending, runs forward and through balls, lovelypants should have scored twice from these at least.

Jonas 9 see Enrique

Guthrie 8 good game

Nolan 8 Didn't do much other than score again, but our best finisher and what a great finish tonight.

Routledge 4 - A mare, could have had a hatrick but coulden't hit a barn door, not a premiership player. Fast but lacks intellegence and class. Carroll 7 - Not one of his best games but some good touches.

Lovenkrands 6 Good pen and good movement from him, but another one who could have had a hatrick, but put several good chances over the bar. Keep them low ffs.

Hughton 9.5 - Picked best possible team again and best possible tactics.

That really does say it all about you. :lol:

Simpson 6 - Ok ish stands off players too long. Not a premiership quality player

Williamson - 6.5 shaky at times

Enrique - 9 a class above the rest.

Jonas 9 see Enrique

Guthrie 8 good game

Nolan 8 Didn't do much other than score again, but our best finisher and what a great finish tonight.

Routledge 4 - A mare, could have had a hatrick but coulden't hit a barn door, not a premiership player. Fast but lacks intellegence and class.

Carroll 7 - Not one of his best games but some good touches.

Lovenkrands 6 Good pen and good movement from him, but another one who could have had a hatrick, but put several good chances over the bar. Keep them low ffs.

Bit harsh on Routledge like, he had a bad game I agree, but hes added a totally different dimension to our team after signing. Natural pace and creativity.

I don't disagree with what your saying. The lad has bags of pace and looks to create and we desperately needed a player like him as we were a bit predictable with so much going down our left wing before he arrived.

Going on tonights bad performance and a few others lately, he may struggle next season. However yes he has had good games too where he has really torn poor teams/players appart. Lets hope CH can improve him and he can perform well consistantly. I have my doubts  though as he looks like he's good at championship level but will once again lack the quality needed when we are in the Premiership next season.

Enrique - 9 a class above the rest. Awesome defending, runs forward and through balls, lovelypants should have scored twice from these at least.

Jonas 9 see Enrique

Guthrie 8 good game

Routledge 4 - A mare, could have had a hatrick but coulden't hit a barn door, not a premiership player. Fast but lacks intellegence and class. Carroll 7 - Not one of his best games but some good touches.

I understand your criticism of a very poor rating for Routledge, but what's wrong with the Hughton statement? It's hardly miles wrong from the truth. Even if you don't agree with the lineup player for player, I can't imagine your lineup or tactics would be much different.

Not a great game, but job done and PL here we come. :thup: Promotion being secured before KO seemed to unsettle us a bit, but we've come from behind again and got the important win. Now to take the title and build for next season. Been a good day and yes, I've been at the whiskey. :coolsmiley:

Guest fraser

Jonas 9 see Enrique

Guthrie 8 good game

I understand your criticism of a very poor rating for Routledge, but what's wrong with the Hughton statement? It's hardly miles wrong from the truth. Even if you don't agree with the lineup player for player, I can't imagine your lineup or tactics would be much different.

FFS, this lad thinks Coloccini's a world-beater.

Guest firetotheworks

Please dont spoil a thread in which we've been promoted ffs. Have some fucking dignity.

Harper 5.5 - Blocked or not, shouldnt have simply stood there,otherwise didnt have much coming his way to be fair. His distribution of the ball and commanding of defence is average.

Simpson 6 - Absolutely shocking first half, got better during the second, honestly dont trust him for next season, bench player at best, could have kept out the corner that resulted in a goal.

Williamson 6.5 - Solid at the back, went in late for the clearance with his head for they're goal, but a solid game from him.

Collocini 6.5 - Not his best night really, completely bullied for the opener but had a decent game after that, his distribution of the ball is impressive.

Enrique 7.5 - Dominates anything that comes his way the majority of the time if not all the time really, could have had 2-3 assists if Lovenkrands had finished well.

Routledge 6 - I think this could quite be his worst game for us, this or the Derby away fixture, pacey but lacked any sort of end product today.

Nolan 7.5 - Good finish and overall good game from him today, played an important role in today's win, and capped a good performance with a goal. MOTM for me.

Guthrie 6.5 - Really irritated me with some of his fancy attempts at scoring in the first half, forced a good save from Simonsen, capable of more really.

Jonas 7 - Got caught in possession far too many times in the first half and lost the ball easily, but made up for it with a good second half performance, unlucky not to get a goal as well.

Carroll 6.5 - A handful in the opposition box really, and I love it when he comes back and defends corners, his clearances really are important.

Lovenkrands 6.5 - Could have got a hat-trick, what is it with powerful shots going way over the bar, keep them low and hard, simple. Good penalty tho.

Subs: Barton 7 - Did well when he came on.

Raylor N/A - Not enough time

Shola 6.5 - Nice to see him have the awareness to go and score the goal, although they're keeper should have got the ball back way faster, too bad he was caught offside.

Hughton 7 - Best possible team selection, we did not start the game all guns blazing, looked a tad careless until they scored. His subs came on far too late, I was expecting the Barton for Guthrie substitution somewhere around the 65th minute mark.

Jonas 9 see Enrique

Guthrie 8 good game

I'm sorry but who are you? Do i know you ?

I stand by what i say. i.e. Hughton did pick the best possible team in my opinion. Routledge also had a bit of a nightmare game (Hughton is not mystic meg, he can't pick the starting line up after the game you know, Routledge could have had a blinder).

You know exactly who will have a good game and who will have a bad game before they kick off i suppose?

The best possible tactics? Come on, we were playing against a team placed 10th.

He played 4-4-2 at home, with 2 wingers, 2 attacking centre midfielders, a quick striker with a tall striker and went for the win. What else is he gonna do? :lol:

The best possible tactics? Come on, we were playing against a team placed 10th.

He played 4-4-2 at home, with 2 wingers, 2 attacking centre midfielders, a quick striker with a tall striker and went for the win. What else is he gonna do? :lol:

Who mentioned selection?

We didn't play great tonight, not by any stretch, but still had plenty of chances and could have won by a few. At the end of the day we're up!  :celb: :clap2:

Harper 6 - Fairly solid, a few dodgy moments but mostly ok.

Simpson 5 - Poor tonight, gets beat far too often for my liking and wasn't great on the ball going forward.

Williamson 6 - Solid, but not his best game, we looked a bit dodgy at the back at times.

Colo 6 - See Williamson.

Enrique 7 - Not great going forward, but I'm convinced no winger will ever beat him.

Routledge 6 - Caused them all kinds of problems, needs to work on his end product.

Nolan 6 - Cracking goal fatty!  :smitten:

Guthrie 6 - Quiet game, still gives us plenty of drive and his delivery keeps getting better.

Jonas 6 - What a fucking goal he almost scored.

Carroll 6 - Got in that prick Morgan's head and won the pen.

Lovenkrands 7 - Perfectly dispatched penalty and got in behind them all the time.

Ameobi 5 - Shame he was offside. Him scoring would have wrapped it up perfectly.

Barton 5 - Not on long enough to judge really.