Sir John Hall

Incognito

Nice to see the Mackems conducting themselves with a modicum of dignity  :rolleyes:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=486557

Can't bear to read more than a page - sickens me to the stomach.

Fuck football and fuck stupid local rivalries when it comes to this sort of thing - the man has cancer for goodness sake - if it was their dad or grandad they'd expect the best wishes of everyone.

If Niall Quinn was diagnosed, we'd be amongst the first to offer our thoughts to him and his family.

Guest thepict

Want to wish him the best of luck.He  was reponsible for bringing some exciting football to our club. :no:

Guest Howaythetoon

As big a part of this club as KK, Wor Jackie, Shearer and anyone else you care to mention. I regard the man highly as a saviour of this club and a key man in the regeneration of the city, someone who believed in the potential of both to take huge risks at a time when he could have easily been sitting on a yacht somewhere in the Med. We should all be eternally grateful to the man for his work at the club and towards the City. Thousands owe their careers to his work and we owe our recent history to the man and our future in many ways because without his intervention there was a serious danger of the club going out of existence. People say he made fortunes out of the club and therefore doesn't deserve any praise but that's bollocks, unlike many, he stated from the off he saw NUFC as a sound investment financially. He cared beyond that though. Sadly he'll be remembered as the man who sold the club to Ashley which is a shame because at the time many were cock-a-hoop when Ashley bought the club, anyone but FS and DH... myself included. Indeed had Ashley been a success SJH's stock would be sky high like it was when NUFC were sky high under his control. Good luck to the man, a true North East legend, a huge positive figure in the club's history and someone who made it from nothing, proving anyone can.

As big a part of this club as KK, Wor Jackie, Shearer and anyone else you care to mention. I regard the man highly as a saviour of this club and a key man in the regeneration of the city, someone who believed in the potential of both to take huge risks at a time when he could have easily been sitting on a yacht somewhere in the Med. We should all be eternally grateful to the man for his work at the club and towards the City. Thousands owe their careers to his work and we owe our recent history to the man and our future in many ways because without his intervention there was a serious danger of the club going out of existence. People say he made fortunes out of the club and therefore doesn't deserve any praise but that's bollocks, unlike many, he stated from the off he saw NUFC as a sound investment financially. He cared beyond that though. Sadly he'll be remembered as the man who sold the club to Ashley which is a shame because at the time many were cock-a-hoop when Ashley bought the club, anyone but FS and DH... myself included. Indeed had Ashley been a success SJH's stock would be sky high like it was when NUFC were sky high under his control. Good luck to the man, a true North East legend, a huge positive figure in the club's history and someone who made it from nothing, proving anyone can.

Hear hear.Well said HTL.

Guest toonlass

Sir John Hall came and spoke at our school leavers assembly, he was from North Seaton Colliery, and he spoke about how he had come from quite humble beginnings and had his visions for Newcastle United and for what he wanted the Metro Centre to be. He was a marvellous speaker and I really believe that he had a vision of making Newcastle into a great football team, and he succeeded! Yes he sold the club to Ashley, who has been proved to be out of his depth from day one, but I think he knew what Shepherd and his son would do to the club.

I hope that his remaining time is as comfortable as possible.

Awful news, doesn't matter who it is, it's still sickening to hear that certain knuckle-dragging Mackems think it's big or clever to wish ill on someone because of his association with our club. I hope his remaining time with us is as comfortable as possibly can be given the circumstances; as others have said we still have a great debt of gratitude to the man, and some of us still have a great deal of affection for the good that he did for the club, regardless of what has happened since he sold up. None of that is/was his doing....that stuff is all down to Ashley.

Sir John Hall came and spoke at our school leavers assembly, he was from North Seaton Colliery, and he spoke about how he had come from quite humble beginnings and had his visions for Newcastle United and for what he wanted the Metro Centre to be. He was a marvellous speaker and I really believe that he had a vision of making Newcastle into a great football team, and he succeeded! Yes he sold the club to Ashley, who has been proved to be out of his depth from day one, but I think he knew what Shepherd and his son would do to the club.

I hope that his remaining time is as comfortable as possible.

I Actually had no idea about that. My dad's got an allotment there, it consists of about 3 streets.

• 4 months later...

Sir John Hall speaks of his 'new lease of life'

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/09/10/sir-john-hall-speaks-of-his-new-lease-of-life-72703-27241752/?

TYCOON Sir John Hall has told of his “new lease of life” after doctors said he is winning his battle with cancer.

The ex-Newcastle United chief says he feels “re-born” after medics confirmed they had stopped the spread of his prostate cancer.

Doctors believe they will now be able to keep the illness under control, which represents the best possible outcome for the multi-millionaire, who had already been told his condition was incurable.

Sir John must remain on medication, and will have to have six-monthly check-ups, but will otherwise be free to lead a normal life.

The grandfather-of-four said: “I’m delighted with the outcome. It’s as close as I’m ever going to come to the all clear.

“It’s such a weight off your mind. I feel reborn at the age of 77 and I can start planning my life again.

“When you hear the cancer word you automatically put your whole life on hold. Now I feel I’ve got a future again.”

Sir John says he was pleased to be told if the cancer becomes immune to the drugs he is currently taking there are three alternative forms of medicine which can slow the illness for between 18 months and two years.

Alternative medications are constantly being researched. Sir John says he feels excited about his future again and he is already buzzing with new ideas for his family’s Wynyard Hall home in Teesside.

The miner’s son, who admits to suffering from depression for the first time in his life when doctors told him his cancer had spread to his bones, says he is again looking forward to his retirement with wife, Lady Mae.

The man who created the Metrocentre said: “At my age the time the drugs will give me is enough.”

Sir John was diagnosed with his condition when it was discovered by chance after he gave blood for a routine test.

The family man was backed by pals including fellow cancer-survivor and former Toon captain Bob Moncur, and Alan Shearer, as he underwent the three-month course of radiotherapy.

Sir John says he has been humbled by the patients he met on his visits to Newcastle’s Freeman Hospital, who have since become pals.

Sir John said: “You talk and help each other because you understand what the others are going through. I’ve had a few of them down here.

“I realise how lucky I am, especially when you see some of the other patients with all the different types of cancer. Seeing their bravery is so inspiring.

:thup: