NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Heneage

Though Benjani is pap, I'm glad we're looking at striking options and also checking players out before getting them on contracts where possible.

Still pray we go nowhere near him. A Mackem friend of mine said he was one of the worst strikers he's ever seen.

Throw Best in the Hooper deal, loan Ranger out, buy a quick second striker type from somewhere abroad. Leaves us with:

Carroll

New Striker

Hooper

Lovenkrands

Shola

I'd be happy with that in theory (unlikely to happen), but relying on somebody like Hooper as our sole signing upfront would be crazy. We need to be edging our bets.

Guy on a Watford forum reckons Ranger is off to Watford on loan and we're getting first option on Loach. Hopefully and likely to be bollocks.

Loach was touted for Spurs and Villa not so long ago.

Guest firetotheworks

Wouldn't mind Vuckic going on loan to Watford either. They did a good job with Lansbury, Cleverley and Cathcart last season.

Isn't Vuckic going to be pushing for games with us this season? I haven't seen a lot of him, but from what reserve watchers have said, he could play an important part for us this season.

Wouldn't mind Vuckic going on loan to Watford either. They did a good job with Lansbury, Cleverley and Cathcart last season.

Isn't Vuckic going to be pushing for games with us this season? I haven't seen a lot of him, but from what reserve watchers have said, he could play an important part for us this season.

Aye nailed on he won't be going out on loan.. he would have had plenty of games last season if he had not been injured.

Can see him nailing down a 1st team place by mid season.

Aye nailed on he won't be going out on loan.. he would have had plenty of games last season if he had not been injured.

I highly doubt that. I'd love it though.

Horrible knowing we'll only see Vuckic as a first teamer for 2 maybe 3 years tops before one of the big guns buy him.

I highly doubt that. I'd love it though.

You never know.. even if its just down to injuries I cans ee him playing a big part.

Sky have picked up the Nacim Boukhelifa link and are reporting it. Radio station in france reckons discussions are ongoing between us and Ben Arfa.

where the hell is this ben arfa thing coming from dont they know we're skint

Throw Best in the Hooper deal, loan Ranger out, buy a quick second striker type from somewhere abroad. Leaves us with:

Carroll

New Striker

Hooper

Lovenkrands

Shola

I'd be happy with that in theory (unlikely to happen), but relying on somebody like Hooper as our sole signing upfront would be crazy. We need to be edging our bets.

Considering Scunthorpe let Hayes go because his stupidly low wage demands were still too high, I can't see best going there tbh.

Carroll

New Striker

Hooper

Lovenkrands

Shola

Considering Scunthorpe let Hayes go because his stupidly low wage demands were still too high, I can't see best going there tbh.

Hmm, Ranger to Scunthorpe and Best to anywhere then.

Best won't be going anywhere I'm afraid

Yep, unfortunately we're stuck with him for the long haul. Shame because it just lowers the chances of us strngthening significantly enough upfront.

I'll still live in hope though.