NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Newcastle have also reportedly made an offer for Velez Sarsfield full-back Nicolas Otamendi, the 22-year-old Argentine, who can play at centre-back or right-back. The Magpies will hope he has improved since he struggled against Germany in the World Cup quarter-final defeat in Cape Town. He was eventually substituted by Diego Maradona in the 70th minute. Velez Sarsfield hope to get £8.5m for the player.

He's only 22, would fit our age regime.

The price however, would not. :lol:

I don't think he plays RB for Sarsfield. He kind of reminded me of Cannavaro, with his height and athletisism. Would like to see him play CB before making my mind up on him.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Some of these fees being talked about man, ridiculous.

Its odd to think that 10 years ago £8.5m was average peanuts to us in the transfer market. Almost getting used to £1m, £2m price tags now, certainly not complaining or dreading them being poor as much.

Newcastle have also reportedly made an offer for Velez Sarsfield full-back Nicolas Otamendi, the 22-year-old Argentine, who can play at centre-back or right-back. The Magpies will hope he has improved since he struggled against Germany in the World Cup quarter-final defeat in Cape Town. He was eventually substituted by Diego Maradona in the 70th minute. Velez Sarsfield hope to get £8.5m for the player.

He's only 22, would fit our age regime.

The price however, would not. :lol:

What a load of tosh.

Guest Roger Kint

I don't think he plays RB for Sarsfield. He kind of reminded me of Cannavaro, with his height and athletisism. Would like to see him play CB before making my mind up on him.

First glance i thought you were using Cannavaro's heigh as a plus point there :yikes: Otamendi is 6ft(accordign to wiki) but i wasnt impressed at al the few times i have seen him, not that we are going to sign him anyway, Velez are still pissing themselves laughing from our last bit of business.......

Guest rosstoon

Milner was not worth 12m when he left newcastle and he is not that much different now. Good Player but not world class..

No.

OK. As well as Milner has done in the last year, it beggars belief that Villa want £30million for him. Madness.

True, but it's madness to sell anyone to Man City without opening negotiations at £30m.

Apart from us :(  :angry:

Yep, unless they're one of Europe's top goalkeepers, then you should obviously let them go cheap.

:rolleyes:

Milner was not worth 12m when he left newcastle and he is not that much different now. Good Player but not world class..

well said.

He's left the club now so no use crying over spilt milk in any case. Im happier with jonas on te left and hopefully routledge will realise his potential on the right.

well said.

He's left the club now so no use crying over spilt milk in any case. Im happier with jonas on te left and hopefully routledge will realise his potential on the right.

Thirded. I think he was worth 5-7 million, and probably still is. Sadly transfer fees are based on hype, so he's probably 'worth' at least 20 now.

Guest neesy111

well said.

Thirded. I think he was worth 5-7 million, and probably still is. Sadly transfer fees are based on hype, so he's probably 'worth' at least 20 now.

This, he'll be found out soon enough for me.

I don't know if Gosling's signing will affect this. It's hard to imagine us playing two such young players together in the midfield in the Premiership, and there'd be no point in Man U loaning Cleverley out if he wasn't going to get regular first team experience.

Still, if there's one player I'd like to see come here, it's Cleverley.

Guest Roger Kint

Dont see how Gosling will affect Cleverley given that he is out for the first 20 games or so at least. Plus Cleverley will be a bit further up the field(or on the wing) than Gosling would normally play wouldnt he?