NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Heneage

Reckon Blackpool would be more attractive for TC as he would play every game for them.

It's not about just playing though, he could do that in the Championship, he'd be playing with a better quality of player here (I think...) and thus it would benefit him more.

I don't think Hughton is daft enough to sign a player an then bench him if he plays well.

Who would you drop for Cleverly though?

Jonas is an international player who we know is good enough. Routledge was one of our best players last season. Yes we need back up but maybe he's too good to be a backup player. Especially when we're desperate for players in other areas.

On the assumption that Nolan will be in the line-up no matter what and that Routledge & Jonas are going to be on the wings, it'll be one of Smith / Guthrie / Barton bring dropped in a 4-4-2.

I think we will play 4-4-1-1 most of the games this season with Nolan behind Carroll.

Jonas is an international player who we know is good enough. Routledge was one of our best players last season. Yes we need back up but maybe he's too good to be a backup player. Especially when we're desperate for players in other areas.

On the assumption that Nolan will be in the line-up no matter what and that Routledge & Jonas are going to be on the wings, it'll be one of Smith / Guthrie / Barton bring dropped in a 4-4-2.

ahhhh. I was under the assumption that Cleverley was an out and out winger.

Guest palnese

Reckon Blackpool would be more attractive for TC as he would play every game for them.

Not much good when you're chasing the ball 70% of the game though.

Just like us.

Not much good when you're chasing the ball 70% of the game though.

Just like us.

Harsh, only about 64% of the time here.

Wouldn't have to move house or anything either.

Still, you'd like to think that better prospects of staying up and being a bigger club would swing it for you.

Cleverley is a busy and skilful player, and I reckon he could play in that free role between striker and midfield. So Lovenkrands / Nolan, basically.

Staying up won't mean anything to him.

It's nowt short of a disgrace if we can't offer him first team football, though.

Not staying up per se. More that he won't be playing in a team that will get twatted every week and get about 10 points

Cleverley is a busy and skilful player, and I reckon he could play in that free role between striker and midfield. So Lovenkrands / Nolan, basically.

I can't ever remember seeing lovenkrands doing that tbh, he's either playing off the last man or on the left wing.

The lack of rumours is boring. I liked that day when were linked to every player under the sun.

It is, every time I see this thread bumped I get excited. Then it's ruined! Like this post just now, sorry.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The lack of rumours is boring. I liked that day when were linked to every player under the sun.

It is, every time I see this thread bumped I get excited. Then it's ruined! Like this post just now, sorry.

:sadnod:

I read in a recent FourFourTwo, that a Boro fan made up an Eatern European name , and started making posts on internet boards about him joing Boro. Newspapers started to report it, and was quite a funny story.

Maybe we should do something like that to pass the time, and see how far we can get with it. Or we could not...

I read in a recent FourFourTwo, that a Boro fan made up an Eatern European name , and started making posts on internet boards about him joing Boro. Newspapers started to report it, and was quite a funny story.

Maybe we should do something like that to pass the time, and see how far we can get with it. Or we could not...

I'm well up for this!

May I suggest Hugo Palenta.