NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

has anyone looked at Jonas stats? Does he have value tho?

Jonas isn't a striker though.

Aliadiere would just be here as insurance.

Insurance in case Best's hammy is really harped, and incase we loose another striker.  Nothing wrong with insurance.

2001–2007 Arsenal 29 (1)

2005 → Celtic (loan) 0 (0)

2005–2006 → West Ham United (loan) 7 (0)

2006 → Wolverhampton Wanderers (loan) 14 (2)

2007–2010 Middlesbrough 78 (11)

Goals in brackets, that a s*** insurance policy

Only Americans look at stats.

Only idiots refuse to use stats to help make a decision.

The fact is we have all see him play for a few years in the prem. He is garbage and the stats back that up.

Luca Modric has 1 goal and 1 assists this season, must be shit because the stats back that up.

Stats in football are like a mini-skirt. Shows a lot, but hides the most important

He's probably not going to want to uproot himself from Brazil to Newcastle just for half a season. I suspect we'll either have to offer him a longer deal or kiss goodbye.

Exactly. So why everyone assumes he's a realistic alternative is hard to fathom. Any player who we are going to put on a longer contract has to be good enough to be worth paying in 12 months time.

has anyone looked at Jonas stats? Does he have value tho?

Jonas isn't a striker though.

Aliadiere would just be here as insurance.

Insurance in case Best's hammy is really harped, and incase we loose another striker.  Nothing wrong with insurance.

2001–2007 Arsenal 29 (1)

2005 → Celtic (loan) 0 (0)

2005–2006 → West Ham United (loan) 7 (0)

2006 → Wolverhampton Wanderers (loan) 14 (2)

2007–2010 Middlesbrough 78 (11)

Goals in brackets, that a s*** insurance policy

Only Americans look at stats.

Only idiots refuse to use stats to help make a decision.

The fact is we have all see him play for a few years in the prem. He is garbage and the stats back that up.

Luca Modric has 1 goal and 1 assists this season, must be s*** because the stats back that up.

That will go over the heads of most people. Aliadiere is technically a pretty accomplished player. He doesn't score enough goals but he might well help create a few. But seeing as we've got plenty of strikers at the club already we obviously don't need "an extra body".

Please tell me you're not comparing Aliadiere with Modric...

He's probably not going to want to uproot himself from Brazil to Newcastle just for half a season. I suspect we'll either have to offer him a longer deal or kiss goodbye.

He's spent the last 10 years of his career before his brief Palmeiras spell in Europe, including changing countries for short 6 month loan spells. Hardly 'uprooting' from Brazil.

He's spent the last 10 years of his career before his brief Palmeiras spell in Europe, including changing countries for short 6 month loan spells. Hardly 'uprooting' from Brazil.

Would he really want to go from Spain and Brazil to the tropics of Newcastle and sit on the bench?

Aliadiere wouldn't last the season anyway. Sure i read somewhere that West Ham didn't want him cos there was some fundamental knee ligament damage. Obviously that's only speculation but couple that with the fact he's been without a club for six months and it makes sense. The lad's done.

How do you know he's s**t?

he doesn't, he hasn't even heard of him before tbh

I did when he scored 30 goals that season. I watched the game where Zaragoza beat Real Madrid 6-0 (I think) That was years ago though.

Bit strange how willing you are to comment on all this Spanish football when you apparently think it's s*** and hate every bit.

It was 6-1 in the Copa del Rey and he scored twice in that game, one of them being an absolute screamer.

He set up 1 or 2 of the goals too, but like I said. Long time ago. Zaragoza had a brilliant team back then and most of his goals were tap ins and penalties.

Again I wonder, how come you watch so much Spanish football and have so much knowledge if you hate it all? Do you just sit there cursing under your breath at how much you're despising every minute?

Aye, f*** showing foriegn football, Sky should play something else instead, like more foriegn tennis, golf, basketball! :lol:

Jesus christ man honestly, wtf?

Wouldn't mind, but it's all la liga and i hate it.