NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I really don't want Lukaku as mental as that sounds. I just don't think he's going to be as good as proclaimed.

i think he will but he's going to need time and right now we can't afford that sort of money especially on someone who'll not hit it from the off.

i've watched a lot of him and chelsea and a year working with drogba (should he stay next season) would be perfect for him.

I'd rather not rely on a 17 year old as our main man like. Quite a bit of pressure for a young lad to come to a foreign country and play infront of 52k. Maybe he could handle it, but  think we could get a cheaper sure thing.

Guest Roger Kint

I'd rather not rely on a 17 year old as our main man like. Quite a bit of pressure for a young lad to come to a foreign country and play infront of 52k. Maybe he could handle it, but  think we could get a cheaper sure thing.

Its Ok he is 18 in four weeks

fwiw, i reckon lukaku - if he's sensible - would be interested in coming here. if he gives us 5 years, he'll be 23 and will have the elite clubs fawning over him. 23 is still very young. meanwhile, he's stepping up in league quality and getting his name out there even more.....the regular football will improve him, help him adapt and remove the 'unknown' element which makes him a risk. we've seen many promising 18 year olds fall away.

but theres no way we're spending that sort of money.

fwiw, i reckon lukaku - if he's sensible - would be interested in coming here. if he gives us 5 years, he'll be 23 and will have the elite clubs fawning over him. 23 is still very young. meanwhile, he's stepping up in league quality and getting his name out there even more.....the regular football will improve him, help him adapt and remove the 'unknown' element which makes him a risk. we've seen many promising 18 year olds fall away.

Didn't we bid a similar sum for Modric? According to Mort, we outbid Spurs but Modric preferred to move to London.

I don't think it's the amount that's the problem for Ashley. It's the lack of any resale value that puts him off certain transfers.

Didn't we bid a similar sum for Modric? According to Mort, we outbid Spurs but Modric preferred to move to London.

I don't think it's the amount that's the problem for Ashley. It's the lack of any resale value that puts him off certain transfers.

Isn't the real story about Modric that Wise dropped a clanger and let his agent go and talk to Levy while we were in the process of finalising a deal? That's how the Wise/Keegan relationship first began to break down.

On that basis, £19.2m is a lot for a 17 year-old that could flop.

Lukaku does fit the stated transfer requirements even at 20 million.  He is 17.  He does have huge potential.  He would likely be able to be resold at some point for profit. 

And there's not a chance in the world he's coming to us.

£19.2m for a 17 year old :lol:

That's not even the funny part...the idea that Ashley would even consider a player in that price bracket is the rib tickler.

Yeah, that's what I was laughing at. I didn't find the price for a player that age funny, that's pretty normal these days. It's the fact whoever made that joke of an article thinks we'd be in the running at such a price.

RMC who were shit hot with the Ben Arfa saga saying we've had a €5m bid for M'Bengue rejected for in the summer. Villa also keen. Suggests Enrique is on his way to me if it's true we've bid.

Another little titbit from France.

http://www.football365.fr/france/ligue-1/article_517790_l1-auxerre-saint-etienne-2-2-Auxerre-replonge-.shtml

Argentinian defender from Toulouse (again) Mauro Cetto, out-of-contract in June. St-Etienne have supposedly offered a 3-year contract to him, Montpellier are interested, but says he has other intentions (Lille, Newcastle & Panathinaikos).

Another little titbit from France.

http://www.football365.fr/france/ligue-1/article_517790_l1-auxerre-saint-etienne-2-2-Auxerre-replonge-.shtml

Argentinian defender from Toulouse (again) Mauro Cetto, out-of-contract in June. St-Etienne have supposedly offered a 3-year contract to him, Montpellier are interested, but says he has other intentions (Lille, Newcastle & Panathinaikos).

http://www.ladepeche.fr/content/photo/biz/2008/12/05/200812051157_zoom.jpg

Good looking specimen that.