NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Sow would be a big gamble at that price IMO. Only had one good season.

I see sky sports now linking Barton to Liverpool. So Carroll, Enrique and Barton, anyone else?  :lol:

Nile Ranger's hub caps.

Snodgrass, on the other hand, would be a complete and utter waste of time. If we're spending money from the ANDY CARROLL WARCHEST , i'd rather use it improving on the players we already have. I'd rather downgrade current first teamers than buy more back-ups. The fundamental issue with Snodgrass being that he's simply not quick enough. When you consider Routledge, a quick winger who bossed the Championship, couldn't hack the big league - this lad wouldn't last five minutes.

This is exactly the type of guff that screams "I don't watch football if it isn't Newcastle playing".

Honestly, what an absolute load of tripe. It's the very fact that Snodgrass doesn't rely on pace that makes him more likely to succeed at a higher level.

Snodgrass, on the other hand, would be a complete and utter waste of time. If we're spending money from the ANDY CARROLL WARCHEST , i'd rather use it improving on the players we already have. I'd rather downgrade current first teamers than buy more back-ups. The fundamental issue with Snodgrass being that he's simply not quick enough. When you consider Routledge, a quick winger who bossed the Championship, couldn't hack the big league - this lad wouldn't last five minutes.

This is exactly the type of guff that screams "I don't watch football if it isn't Newcastle playing".

Honestly, what an absolute load of tripe. It's the very fact that Snodgrass doesn't rely on pace that makes him more likely to succeed at a higher level.

Clearly you haven't watched many Leeds games because if you had you'd see for yourself that he isn't good enough

I've been to about 25 Leeds games over the past 3 years. He's a far better midfielder than all of our lot minus Tiote and Barton.

Fair enough, my most sincere apologies. However, I still stand by my comment - Robert Snodgrass is not Premier League quality.

Guest pintofscottsellers

robert snodgrass has as much pace as kev nolan, why spend the 35 million in the lower leagues. if wolves go down a wouldnt mind singing that jarvis, av always rated pedersen at blackburn aswell.

robert snodgrass has as much pace as kev nolan, why spend the 35 million in the lower leagues. if wolves go down a wouldnt mind singing that jarvis, av always rated pedersen at blackburn aswell.

PEDERSEN? When did you last watch a game? 2006?

Nolan seems to do fine with no pace, top scorer for us? Goals don't matter though right?

Guest pintofscottsellers

well suppose the only time av ever watched him is against us and he always scores ha , of course goals matter. a went to leeds oldham last season (got a ticket for nout) and snodgrass was alreet, dont think he could hack it in the premier league, plus nolan plays in the middle whereas when a watched snodgrass he was out on the wing and looked sluggish.

well suppose the only time av ever watched him is against us and he always scores ha , of course goals matter. a went to leeds oldham last season (got a ticket for nout) and snodgrass was alreet, dont think he could hack it in the premier league, plus nolan plays in the middle whereas when a watched snodgrass he was out on the wing and looked sluggish.

:kinnear:

We need more pace all over the park IMO. Above average perm speed should be a minimum for midfielders and attackers, preferably one or two lightening fast players in there as well.

Another Kevin Nolan speed player and were fuked, were carrying one load of slow baggage already, we cannot afford to carry more.

I've only seen Snodgrass in about 5 or so games in the last two years and think he could be decent backup player for a team in the bottom half in the premier league battling against relegation. If our aim is to stay in the top ten and push for Europe then we have to look elsewhere.

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

is the facepalm for me?!!!111