NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

If we're gonna blow £20m on a striker, good God do we have to get it right. I confess to knowing nothing about him, but for it to go on a young lad who's had just a decent spell in La Liga... seems a bit risky. That's if there's anything whatsoever in the linkage.

For £20 million I'd want a tried and tested goalscorer. Someone like Darren Bent would have been ideal as he WILL score goals.

A "number 9" striker is our main target this summer and, subsequently, next season could be disastrous if Pardew/whoever gets this one wrong.

His re-sale value would be a factor, he makes it in the PL double or even treble that 20m

...and if he doesn't?

We took the risk... he could be another Luque yes but he could also be a Ronaldo

Guest BooBoo

I'd be hugely wary of spunking the money suggested on a kid who's never played in England before. Too much of a gamble.

That and Tiote's new contract would probably be all the Carroll money spent. :lol:

Not a chance.

exactly. Those of you pissing yourselves at the thought we might blow our wad on one striker can simmer down. Pardew's budget is limited unless there's something we haven't been told so let the lad go to Arsenal.

Guest Boqueron

Can't see Rondon moving. He signed a 5 year deal when he joined, Malaga are rumoured to have a 50 million euro transfer budget in the summer, the new owner has just bought a huge plot of land near the airport and has said he wants to build a 60,000 seat stadium there.

At the Malaga match last night the talk was that Malaga will be the Man City of Spain with the new owner planning to buy his way to challenging for Champions League place. The result last night means they're almost assured of avoiding relegation, although not quite mathametically certain which was the only stipulation for the spending spree. Oh, and Rondon pulled a hamstring.

Rondon looks the part, though and i would love to see him come to us.

IIRC, the talk was that their owner is willing to invest around €50m in transfers this summer which can turn them into an EL challenging team but not really enough to bridge the gap with Valencia/Villarreal/Sevilla/Atlético just yet.

Guest BooBoo

I'd be hugely wary of spunking the money suggested on a kid who's never played in England before. Too much of a gamble.

it would beg the question, why sell carroll?

The Carroll deal is done and dusted. It's a question of how we spend whatever summer budget we have and it would be madness to splash the vast majority of it on a player who's had one good season (so I understand), has never played in this country and would most likely be a fish out of water.