NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Reports that we're signing teeth girl. Similar player to Xavi apparently but with a yard more pace. Sounds promising :thup:

She would scare the opposition, could do with that tbh.

Reports that we're signing teeth girl. Similar player to Xavi apparently but with a yard more pace. Sounds promising :thup:

http://i.picasion.com/pic41/c0aa0505d672c5715cfd2a6fdbc5e4b0.gif

http://i.picasion.com/pic41/c0aa0505d672c5715cfd2a6fdbc5e4b0.gif

The gist of the article....

- Looking to return to Europe this season after a satisfactory return to the Premier League, buoyed by the money raised from the Andy Carroll sale.

- Relegation never silenced the fans, we "went through hell" playing 46 games in the second-tier and exceeded the 100-points mark before experiencing a rather quiet season this time out. They're looking to strengthen their 33 man squad in order to once again return to European competition.

- With the transfer window open again on Thursday, the transfer window looks an attractive one for Newcastle, with several rumours of players arriving. Goes on to talk about the Gervinho story and his quotes saying he'll play in England.

- Talks about the possible return of N'Zogbia, Ben Arfa's injury and the arrival of Cabaye.

- Mentions the Berbatov rumour and the fact we've had a bid for Gameiro accepted.

- Goes on about Nolan & Barton not signing their new contracts.

Absolutely nothing new from it but still interesting to see that we obviously still have a high profile there to write such an article.

The gist of the article....

- Looking to return to Europe this season after a satisfactory return to the Premier League, buoyed by the money raised from the Andy Carroll sale.

- Relegation never silenced the fans, we "went through hell" playing 46 games in the second-tier and exceeded the 100-points mark before experiencing a rather quiet season this time out. They're looking to strengthen their 33 man squad in order to once again return to European competition.

- With the transfer window open again on Thursday, the transfer window looks an attractive one for Newcastle, with several rumours of players arriving. Goes on to talk about the Gervinho story and his quotes saying he'll play in England.

- Talks about the possible return of N'Zogbia, Ben Arfa's injury and the arrival of Cabaye.

- Mentions the Berbatov rumour and the fact we've had a bid for Gameiro accepted.

- Goes on about Nolan & Barton not signing their new contracts.

Absolutely nothing new from it but still interesting to see that we obviously still have a high profile there to write such an article.

Well we are signing a key player in Cabaye, and possibly M'Bengue. Even though we will probably miss out on Gervinho and Gameiro we have shown serious intent so the article is well justified.

Looking on the positive side, the likes of Gameiro, Cabaye and Gervinho are of a standing that a team in 12th position shouldn't really have a prayer of signing. The work put in by Carr, and the good profile in France that we've achieved through our treatment of Ben Arfa has made us competitive in their market, even with the likes of Arsenal involved. I think Tiote and Ben Arfa have been saying positive things about us to the players that they're connected to, so that will have helped as well . The French press are a bit confused that we've landed Cabaye and that Gervinho is even considering us.

Even if we end up signing just one of those three, that's good going.

My eyes are burning. Please tell me our facebook fans do not send that picture to new signings?

It will be interesting to see who our other targets are if we fail in these two bids for Gam and Ger. I don't think we should rule out English talent but as we have seen with the prices of Bent, Carroll and now Henderson that we'll be very lucky to get a good deal.

Looking on the positive side, the likes of Gameiro, Cabaye and Gervinho are of a standing that a team in 12th position shouldn't really have a prayer of signing. The work put in by Carr, and the good profile in France that we've achieved through our treatment of Ben Arfa has made us competitive in their market, even with the likes of Arsenal involved. I think Tiote and Ben Arfa have been saying positive things about us to the players that they're connected to, so that will have helped as well . The French press are a bit confused that we've landed Cabaye and that Gervinho is even considering us.

We have been able to sign players from French football for a very long time now: World cup winners, young players, captains, internationals we have signed the lot from France.