NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

We need 3 quality strikers, if we get them all fair play but i reckon well struggle to pull in two, keeping Best meant we had some leeway until the right player became available. Unless were going one up front, one main striker and the rest backup, maybe why were being linked with more midfielders.

If it is true, we've still hardly touched the 35m yet so no excuse for not getting two further strikers in on top of Ba, though I'd be surprised.

Christ - overhaul isn't the word!

I'd hardly call it a disgrace like. :lol:

Would prefer him to stay just to stop the need for 3 new strikers keeping Shola & Lovenkrands out but hardly the end of the world.

No, it wouldn't be the end of the world - but that's a pretty damn short-sighted way of looking at it. It's this bullshit policy of one-in-one-out which is a dreadful style of squad development. Especially when you consider that it's not the shitty hangers-on that we're flogging, it's important members of the first XI.

Best is the best striker in the squad at the moment. We want to demote him to third or fourth choice by signing new players... not fucking sell him.

That is all, of course, if there's any truth in it.

Would prefer him to stay just to stop the need for 3 new strikers keeping Shola & Lovenkrands out but hardly the end of the world.

It'd mean that we've sold our top 3 PL goalscorers in the space of 6 months without buying a single goalscorer for replacement purposes.

I'd call that a disgrace, personally.

Ameobi has been a constant failure for 10 years.  Lovenkrands is 31 and not a PL player.

Best is still a young lad who came in and instantly did a job yet he's the one who's been told he can find a new club?  Of course it's a disgrace.

(If it's true, obviously)

Why's everyone jumping on a random story in The Sun about Best?  Sounds like they're putting 2 and 2 together without realising the paucity of our striking options.

He's cheap, he's decent, he's no bother, won't mind sitting on the bench at times.  Doesn't add up for me, this one.

It'd mean that we've sold our top 3 PL goalscorers in the space of 6 months without buying a single goalscorer for replacement purposes.

I'd call that a disgrace, personally.

It's not the first time we'd have done it though.

Remember Kelly & Peacock out, Beardsley, Mathie & Allen in.

In terms of potential turnover, have to say can't ever remember anything quite like this.

In Premier League terms I was thinking that if a lot of the rumoured moves came to fruition then such a squad overhaul was quite unprecedented, and certainly hadn't been done with much success.

Then I thought of when Eriksson took over a bottom half Premier League side and brought in a load of highly rated foreigners that were unproven in the Premier League.  They did OK but they spent a lot more money than they brought in (and also kept a core of decent British players tbf).

The whole thing seems very risky at the minute.  The focus has went from who's coming in to who's going out within the space of a few days and suddenly I'm slightly concerned.  Our squad needs tweaking imo, not changed beyond recognition.