NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Taraabt's got some talent but he's never really shown much of it at Premiership level yet already he's acting like a super star, cocky little twat.  He's not good enough to tie Ben Arfa's boots :)

He'd be great for home games, horrible for away games.

Honestly don't think he'd be much cop in either. He's in for a hell of a shock when he gets back in the Prem, IMO.

I think against the poorer sides that we struggled to break down last year he'd be an asset purely because of his good dribbling and long shots. There was once or twice where we dominated games but just couldn't capitalize.

HBA>>>Taraabt

He's shown that he's great in the Championship, nothing more, until he plays a season in the Premiership we won't really know how far he's come.

I don't doubt there's a strong possibility he can be a good Premiership player and I don't think anyone's claiming he's shit.  People are simply saying he's not that great, or certainly hasn't proven he is and has no reason to be such a cocky prick.

He's always talking about how Fergie's ringing up to sign him aswell, though. The lads of his f***ing rocker.

Seriously though I'd be gutted if we cough up that for him, he's toxic and I really think he'll bomb at this level. For that kind of money we could have N'Zog, or a striker... or whatever.

This, with an extra "not at any price".

With Ben Arfa and the French lad signed and possibly another winger like N'Zog I don't see the point in signing someone who as people have said hasn't proved himself at Prem level and is by all accounts a hot headed idiot. Pure paper chat imo.

I'd love Taraabt here for a sensible price.  He's got a fantastic touch, a great turn of pace and excellent vision. I might baulk at a figure in the region of £10m though simply because of his attitude and being unproven in the prem.  But fucking hell, the lad could land a ball on a 5p at times.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/19/perch-wants-to-get-out-of-the-toon-79310-28901518/

Perch wants to get out of the Toon

Jun 19 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

JAMES PERCH wants out of Newcastle United after just 12 months on Tyneside.

The versatile defender has changed agents in a bid to push through a move away from the North East – and give himself a shot at first- team football next season.

The Sunday Sun understands Perch is now being represented by Paul Stretford’s Proactive Sports group and has asked them to try and find him a new club.

Perch became fed up of playing no first-team football and made just one appearance in the last three months of the season – as a substitute in the 4-1 defeat of Wolves.

Now he is seeking a Championship move to get him back in the groove.

Nothing is imminent and he will return for pre-season, but United would not stand in Perch’s way after a disappointing first season in the Premier League.

The former Nottingham Forest man was signed by Chris Hughton on the recommendation of assistant boss Colin Calderwood, but he endured a tough baptism in the top flight.

Although willing and hard-working, he started just nine games and picked up six yellow cards before Danny Simpson replaced him.

He was booed by the St James’ Park fans after an error-prone effort against Wigan in November.

Meanwhile, the much-improved Simpson has still not signed the five-year contract mentioned back in May.

Pardew gave a ringing endorsement of the right-back to owner Mike Ashley – saying he believes the former Manchester United man can play for England.

That was understood to have swayed the issue in Simpson’s favour.

However, no deal has been done yet and Alex McLeish – a long-term admirer – is keen to take him to Aston Villa if Newcastle are willing to sell. Villa need a right-back after England man Kyle Walker went back to Spurs.

Guest BooBoo

Horrible player, Perch was simply miles out of his depth in the Premier League.

I'd still keep Simpson though.

"Meanwhile, the much-improved Simpson has still not signed the five-year contract mentioned back in May.

Pardew gave a ringing endorsement of the right-back to owner Mike Ashley – saying he believes the former Manchester United man can play for England.

That was understood to have swayed the issue in Simpson’s favour.

Will have to start defending before he plays for England tbh  :spit:

"Meanwhile, the much-improved Simpson has still not signed the five-year contract mentioned back in May.

Pardew gave a ringing endorsement of the right-back to owner Mike Ashley saying he believes the former Manchester United man can play for England.

That was understood to have swayed the issue in Simpsons favour.

Will have to start defending before he plays for England tbh  :spit:

Hasn't harmed the current right back tbf

I really would try and pull out all of the stops to sign Sturridge.

Newcastle have ended their interest in Wigan’s Charlie N’Zogbia while Chelsea’s £20million Dan Sturridge – although he has admirers at St James’ Park – is not a serious target.

Fuck me thats mental as Sturridge ticks all the boxes for me and if he keeps improving will be worth £30 million at the end of next season and that is what Cashley looks for .

I really would try and pull out all of the stops to sign Sturridge.

Newcastle have ended their interest in Wigan’s Charlie N’Zogbia while Chelsea’s £20million Dan Sturridge – although he has admirers at St James’ Park – is not a serious target.

Fuck me thats mental as Sturridge ticks all the boxes for me and if he keeps improving will be worth £30 million at the end of next season and that is what Cashley looks for .

I think Sturridge would definitely be interested, especially if Chelsea sign Lukaku I can see him being used sparingly once again. We're probably realistic, in the fact that I can't see Chelsea wanting to sell him to one of their rivals, he wants first team football and would be up for the challenge of being the main man at a club of our prestige.

He reminds me so much of a young Andy Cole as well.