NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

PSG forum on Erdinc

I think that given the amount offered(10 million) at that price do not hesitate! I do not know about you but I still remember the offers of the English clubs refused to Sessegnon 15 million because "we said he still had the potential and the need to give him a chance, blah blah blah ... Result: he became increasingly ill and was sold 7 million. Erding, exactly the same situation: he is still young, has potential, showed some good things early blablaba .. Result: we will keep him, he will continue to harvest and will not play again, then his status goes down ... then we know it: a transfer to 4 million in Turkey or Sunderland. For 10 million, you can take Park (who is much more useful by his activity) + another joker. The choice is quickly made!

:mackems:

A fair point in there. If we're going to buy Erdinc and PSG are going to replace him with Park, why not just buy Park?

Better and cheaper.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/nol_sport/nol_football/clubs/wigan_athletic/1334635/Wigans-Charles-NZogbia-a-Newcastle-and-Everton-target-forced-to-wait.html

WIGAN winger Charles N'Zogbia remains in limbo as hard-up clubs delay transfer dealings.

Everton have rejoined the race for the midfield player after Merseyside rivals Liverpool cooled their interest.

But both Everton and Newcastle, who are also keen on N'Zogbia, want to wait before making their move.

Everton, busy restructuring large debts, need to sell to afford the £9million fee.

They have rejected a player-plus-£10m offer from Tottenham for Jack Rodwell but Spurs will not go higher until they sell fringe players.

Former Wigan boss Steve Bruce is in a position to take N'Zogbia to Sunderland, but has other priorities.

Despite having the £35m Andy Carroll money, Newcastle are reluctant to buy so early in the summer - and they are not alone.

Before season ticket, TV and other money starts to pour in, clubs face having to pay wages without their main sources of income.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Right:few Sunday Sun teasers.News of an old #NUFC target back on the radar, a big boost on a crucial player, news on the new captain..

Arda Turan?

What happened to Turan? I remember we were interessted buying him in 2008 or something, then he seemed like an up and comming player, but i feel he dissapered after that..

Guest sicko2ndbest

Worried about our reluctance to push moves through with transfer fees involved

We are about even I reckon with campbell/Nolan going and the 3 incomings in terms of fees and wages

Look at the articles and the fact that Mark Douglas is on holiday. All the Douglas articles look like they could have been written last week, have some sort of basis and held back for today. The other speculative transfer article was written by someone else and looks to have no basis whatsoever.

We are about even I reckon with campbell/Nolan going and the 3 incomings in terms of fees and wages

Aye, it's not like we've got two months left to deal...

Out of interest, where is our reluctance btw?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Aye, it's not like we've got two months left to deal...

Out of interest, where is our reluctance btw?

Being pro active early in the window promotes a domino effect later on. At the moment all of our 3 incomings whilst good on paper are slight gambles whether based on injuries, being new to league etc

By buying a proven player like nzog or Sturridge early you make your wobblers like Enrique pay attention and see the club as meaning business

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/26/can-fabricio-coloccini-be-the-man-to-lead-newcastle-79310-28941531/

Coloccini, of course, has been linked with a move away from St James’ Park over the last seven days.

But in fact he is one of the players that Alan Pardew is now stressing MUST NOT be sold if the team is to fulfil the top-10 finish that the hierarchy have demanded of him.

:lol: