NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

He's among my favourite players despite so far failing to live to the expectations.. We need at least another flair player upfront and Ben Arfa is as good as we can get..

A massive gamble still..  He has fallen out with pretty much everybody he's worked with and we all remember our previous experiences with French players.

Dont see how Gosling will affect Cleverley given that he is out for the first 20 games or so at least. Plus Cleverley will be a bit further up the field(or on the wing) than Gosling would normally play wouldnt he?

It's certainly in our interests to sign Cleverley, for those kinds of reasons. But Gosling isn't out for the season, and so I wonder whether Cleverley and Man U may now have better options ie somewhere he's needed more.

Natural pessimist me, though.

Know what you are saying but with injuries like Goslings there will be a easing in period too so Cleverley should get nigh on 3/4 of the season ahead of him. Plus they are different players and Cleverley will offer a lot more in attacking situations from what i have seen which is what we need more. I can see Cleverley getting well over 30 appearances which is exactly what Fergie will want for him. Dont see any problem with this idea as its win-win for everyone.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/2010/07/25/nufc-in-four-way-fight-for-young-tom-cleverley-79310-26924469/

Might be speculation on the Sun's part, but they're saying that Ferguson is asking for assurances that Cleverley will feature regularly in the first team, which is fair enough, and that may cause us to lose out.

Which would be a shame. Tbh I've got my doubts about Routledge having an impact in the Premiership, despite his playing a big part in the final promotion push. Playing with two out and out wingers is also a bit risky at this level, for us. I know we're probably only talking about a one season loan, but I'd really try and find room for Cleverley.

Guest BooBoo

I saw Hughton the other day at Blue House roundabout in his 4x4. I wound my window down and shouted "How man, where's the signings?!" He hollered "Trust me", flashed me an almighty grin and sped off leaving me spluttering amongst a dust cloud.

Legend.

Serbian centre-back Vujadin Savic has revealed that he could have joined Newcastle rather than sign for Bordeaux from Red Star Belgrade this week.

Posted that a couple of days ago, he said he spent 3 days here in January, can't remember that being mentioned at the time one bit.

That Equipe article also says it could be a loan deal for Ben Arfa, that would be superb if true, given that we could then sign him for €3m next summer.

Dont see how Gosling will affect Cleverley given that he is out for the first 20 games or so at least. Plus Cleverley will be a bit further up the field(or on the wing) than Gosling would normally play wouldnt he?

It's certainly in our interests to sign Cleverley, for those kinds of reasons. But Gosling isn't out for the season, and so I wonder whether Cleverley and Man U may now have better options ie somewhere he's needed more.

Know what you are saying but with injuries like Goslings there will be a easing in period too so Cleverley should get nigh on 3/4 of the season ahead of him. Plus they are different players and Cleverley will offer a lot more in attacking situations from what i have seen which is what we need more. I can see Cleverley getting well over 30 appearances which is exactly what Fergie will want for him. Dont see any problem with this idea as its win-win for everyone.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/2010/07/25/nufc-in-four-way-fight-for-young-tom-cleverley-79310-26924469/

Might be speculation on the Sun's part, but they're saying that Ferguson is asking for assurances that Cleverley will feature regularly in the first team, which is fair enough, and that may cause us to lose out.

Which would be a shame. Tbh I've got my doubts about Routledge having an impact in the Premiership, despite his playing a big part in the final promotion push. Playing with two out and out wingers is also a bit risky at this level, for us. I know we're probably only talking about a one season loan, but I'd really try and find room for Cleverley.

But here is the stumbling block this bit innit  But Newcastle boss Chris Hughton is considering other options while chewing over Red Devils’ counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson’s insistence that Cleverley be guaranteed a regular starting place this season.

I saw Hughton the other day at Blue House roundabout in his 4x4. I wound my window down and shouted "How man, where's the signings?!" He hollered "Trust me", flashed me an almighty grin and sped off leaving me spluttering amongst a dust cloud.

Legend.

What a guy. :lol: :thup:

But here is the stumbling block this bit innit   But Newcastle boss Chris Hughton is considering other options while chewing over Red Devils counterpart Sir Alex Fergusons insistence that Cleverley be guaranteed a regular starting place this season.

To be fair you can see fergies point, the lad needs to be playing week in week out.  I'm prety sure he would start each week anyway but just tell fergie that either way and f we try him and he isn't good enough yet we'll have broken the terms of his loan when he's dropped and he can go back.

I doubt this will happen solely because so far under this regime our transfers have been out of the blue, although this is from abroad where apparently nobody can keep a secret

Both of our transfers have not come out of the blue nor have they been from abroad so your point is bollocks tbf.

I doubt this will happen solely because so far under this regime our transfers have been out of the blue, although this is from abroad where apparently nobody can keep a secret

Both of our transfers have not come out of the blue nor have they been from abroad so your point is bollocks tbf.

1. Perch came out of the blue, if some guy on the Forest forum hadn't spilled the beans it would have been a total surprise, he hadn't been mentioned since January.

2. Gosling, fair enough, it was well documented Everton had fucked up.

3. Nolan, Routledge, Hall, van Aanholt, Khiz, Xisco etc. All signed under Ashley, all out of the blue iirc.

4. I know we haven't signed anybody from abroad, that's my point, I'm saying this could be different because it's from abroad.

tbf.

Perch was first linked about 7 months ago. Hardly out of the blue. And anyway, it might be easy to keep transfers under the radar in the Championship, but its a lot harder in the Prem when agents are more likely to be trying to drum up interest and the media are far more interested.

Temporarily assuming there is truth in this Ben Arfa stuff, the article seems to suggest he will move for first team football. Where would that be for us, left wing? I don't watch French football, is he better than Jonas?

Also strange that the article says 'announced on Sunday' that our representatives would be flying out. That might just be a translation quirk though.

Perch was first linked about 7 months ago. Hardly out of the blue. And anyway, it might be easy to keep transfers under the radar in the Championship, but its a lot harder in the Prem when agents are more likely to be trying to drum up interest and the media are far more interested.

At that time it was mentioned that we'd probably go back for him in the summer too IIRC.

1. Perch came out of the blue, if some guy on the Forest forum hadn't spilled the beans it would have been a total surprise, he hadn't been mentioned since January.

2. Gosling, fair enough, it was well documented Everton had fucked up.

3. Nolan, Routledge, Hall, van Aanholt, Khiz, Xisco etc. All signed under Ashley, all out of the blue iirc.

4. I know we haven't signed anybody from abroad, that's my point, I'm saying this could be different because it's from abroad.

tbf.

We've been linked with perch since January and the regime has changed since those other signings were made, wise basicllay signed the others and he isn't here now.

He was linked in January, then nothing until the ITK turned up on the Forest forum. For me, it was out of the blue, it wasn't in the papers the days before it happened was it? As far as I can remember it wasn't anyway, and as we'd released a statement saying we had no "Capital outlay" as far as I'm concerned it was out of the blue.

All the January signings happened in a flash (and Wise had long gone), but I agree with the point that it's a lot easier to keep things under wraps in the Championship.

Done it once before cant be arsed but Routledge was known before he joined.

Most short term loan deals are done quickly so they often have a out of the blue touch to them but as we have seen with Fraser Foster & Tom Cleverley long term loans can be harder to do.

Temporarily assuming there is truth in this Ben Arfa stuff, the article seems to suggest he will move for first team football. Where would that be for us, left wing? I don't watch French football, is he better than Jonas?

Also strange that the article says 'announced on Sunday' that our representatives would be flying out. That might just be a translation quirk though.

I'd imagine just off the striker if it's true, with Jonas left, Routledge right, and two from Barton, Guthrie, Nolan and eventually Gosling in the centre.

Most short term loan deals are done quickly so they often have a out of the blue touch to them but as we have seen with Fraser Foster & Tom Cleverley long term loans can be harder to do.

Williamson was known about for a while as well.

Williamson was known about for a while as well.

Aye, that dragged on with the whold Pompy/Watford thing.

But here is the stumbling block this bit innit   But Newcastle boss Chris Hughton is considering other options while chewing over Red Devils counterpart Sir Alex Fergusons insistence that Cleverley be guaranteed a regular starting place this season.

To be fair you can see fergies point, the lad needs to be playing week in week out.  I'm prety sure he would start each week anyway but just tell fergie that either way and f we try him and he isn't good enough yet we'll have broken the terms of his loan when he's dropped and he can go back.

Don't blame Fergie for wanting some assurances about Cleverly, esp after what happened with Rossi's loan period. Ferguson is too professional a manager to want assurances that Cleverly will start every game because HE wouldn't give those assurances to anyone himself, but he is right to expect the lad to be given a regular place on merit ; Cleverly's record whilst with Watford indicates that he WILL do the business and I sincerely hope we don't lose out on this player simply because Hughton is afraid of upsetting members of the group that seemed to be acting as go-betweens with him and the rest of the players last season.

NOBODY should be guaranteed a permanent place unless their form merits it - that includes Cleverly, but also EVERYONE ELSE  at the club. If the Sunday Sun is correct in its assertion that Cleverly favours a move to SJP, then that surely is a good sign of the player's commitment to the cause.