NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

The Board will not make any comment to the media regarding any players that they are seeking to purchase. The Board will deal with agents on their fixed terms of business and part of those terms will include clauses relating to privacy.

Clutching at straws, but maybe explains Ben Arfa's agent denying interest? :lol:

Ben Arfa is a talented but troubled soul like most young people of his ethnicity in France. Marseille despite having massive fan support have no money (similar to us) and need to sell before they can strengthen for the upcoming season, and obviously feel that they can raise some significant funds by selling him. Although he's good he's totally inconsistent and if you think that Jonas hangs on to the ball too long and runs with his head down just wait until you see this boy. If he was cheap and background checks in to his present state of mind were positive he'd be worth a gamble.

Time permitting if at any point an accurate translation is required from the French I can do it.

Ben Arfa is a talented but troubled soul like most young people of his ethnicity in France. Marseille despite having massive fan support have no money (similar to us) and need to sell before they can strengthen for the upcoming season, and obviously feel that they can raise some significant funds by selling him. Although he's good he's totally inconsistent and if you think that Jonas hangs on to the ball too long and runs with his head down just wait until you see this boy. If he was cheap and background checks in to his present state of mind were positive he'd be worth a gamble.

Time permitting if at any point an accurate translation is required from the French I can do it.

I prefer the total mindfuck of Google translator  :lol:

It leaves a mystique of after reading it you're not only no further forward in understanding, you're actually more confused than beforehand.

I prefer the total mindfuck of Google translator  :lol:

It leaves a mystique of after reading it you're not only no further forward in understanding, you're actually more confused than beforehand.

Agree - it is one of the few things that makes all the crap in the world media seem bearable  :lol:

Not having a pop at anyone but this Ben-Arfa stuff is a none starter isnt it?

He'd be the exact type of player we'd have gone for under the old board, something Hughton said we wouldnt be doing. And when you consider that this paper has already linked us with Erdinc who's way out of our league price wise it's likely that this is bollocks.

:lol: I really enjoyed this massive generalisation. It is a bit of a stretch to say Marseille have no money to spend either. In all likelihood the team is going to buy a big money striker this window, and want to get people like Ben Arfa  off the wage bill more than anything.

He'd be the exact type of player we'd have gone for under the old board, something Hughton said we wouldnt be doing. And when you consider that this paper has already linked us with Erdinc who's way out of our league price wise it's likely that this is bollocks.

He's young and has potential/sell on value. He is nothing like what we would have signed towards the end of the old board's time.

He's young and has potential/sell on value. He is nothing like what we would have signed towards the end of the old board's time.

I was talking in terms of price. Can you seriously see us spending 5M+ on 1 player?

I was talking in terms of price. Can you seriously see us spending 5M+ on 1 player?

and 50-60k on wages

I've not seen him, but a lot of you seemed to like him so I had a look on youtube, he's not coming to us, he's too good.

Can he do those skills and beat players like that in the centre aswell?

Looking good on Youtube means nothing.

He looked talented, but not exactly a team player.

I've not seen him, but a lot of you seemed to like him so I had a look on youtube, he's not coming to us, he's too good.

Can he do those skills and beat players like that in the centre aswell?

Looking good on Youtube means nothing.

He looked talented, but not exactly a team player.

have to say i've seen him "live" (a few full games on the box) and i could never see why he was such a name.

About £2m a year I reckon.

bit much for well someone as s*** as he is

Far too much. I have never seen him do one good thing

missed a ton of chances and generally played crap for liverpool....a very good thing in my opinion.