NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

has anyone looked at Jonas stats? Does he have value tho?

Jonas isn't a striker though.

Aliadiere would just be here as insurance.

Insurance in case Best's hammy is really harped, and incase we loose another striker.  Nothing wrong with insurance.

2001–2007 Arsenal 29 (1)

2005 → Celtic (loan) 0 (0)

2005–2006 → West Ham United (loan) 7 (0)

2006 → Wolverhampton Wanderers (loan) 14 (2)

2007–2010 Middlesbrough 78 (11)

Goals in brackets, that a s*** insurance policy

Only Americans look at stats.

Only idiots refuse to use stats to help make a decision.

The fact is we have all see him play for a few years in the prem. He is garbage and the stats back that up.

If we were Whitley Bay or Blyth i'd worry about us signing Aliadiere due to the lack of quality. He'd comfortably be the worst senior player at our club by some distance, I wouldn't even want him if he paid us.

Give our young lads a chance over this never has been please.

Insurance in case Best's hammy is really harped, and incase we loose another striker.  Nothing wrong with insurance.

2001–2007 Arsenal 29 (1)

The fact is we have all see him play for a few years in the prem. He is garbage and the stats back that up.

Luca Modric has 1 goal and 1 assists this season, must be shit because the stats back that up.

Insurance in case Best's hammy is really harped, and incase we loose another striker.  Nothing wrong with insurance.

2001–2007 Arsenal 29 (1)

Aliaderre is shite. There's no denying that. Really hope we get Ewerthon cause if NUFC were to take a flop in the championship who used to play for our 3rd rivals then Ashley really has lost it. Might as well go down the park and sign up the first twenty something we see kicking a ball about if we're gonna get aliaderre

Yea, it's stupid to think a striker should contribute goals  :rolleyes:

Like Heskey.

:lol: Even Heskeys goal record is far greater than his, man. Heskey contributes more in other areas as well.

Care to divulge how you think Aliadiere would be so beneficial to our team? He failed in the Championship ffs.

Like Heskey.

But Aliadiere would never offer what Heskey can ...

Lets look at Heskey's stats - as it's the way to judge a player.

3 goals 1 assist this season.

3 goals 2 assists last season.

5 goals 2 assists the season before.

Quite astonishing stats that.

Like Heskey.

:lol: Even Heskeys goal record is far greater than his, man. Heskey contributes more in other areas as well.

Care to divulge how you think Aliadiere would be so beneficial to our team? He failed in the Championship ffs.

He was injured for most of it. How did he "fail"

Like Heskey.

He was injured for most of it. How did he "fail"

By not contributing anything when he was fit. The benefits to us, if we were to sign him then?

If we were Whitley Bay or Blyth i'd worry about us signing Aliadiere due to the lack of quality. He'd comfortably be the worst senior player at our club by some distance, I wouldn't even want him if he paid us.

If things go great, then fantastic. But I'd not want our youngsters having the pressure of a relegation battle on their shoulders if things start to go wrong in this next few weeks.

Sure it's great experience for them to go to Anfield and Stamford Bridge and play in one of the best leagues in the world, but at their age to have the pressure that will undoubtledly come from the SJP crowd is just wrong IMO. With Ameobi and Best injured, we have arguably one senior striker at the club in Lovenkrands, and then two youngsters in Airey and Ranger. We need somebody desperately - as long as they have two legs and know what a football looks like, that's all that pretty much matters - they'll blunder a goal or two even if they are shit.

But I'd rather the pressure be on the shoulders of them knowing they'll be gone in 6 months time than it potentially damage the reputation of a player - I mean, you just have to look at the reaction to Ranger in recent months and many writing him off before his career has even started - it's just not the right environment for an untried youngster.

I don't particularly want Aliadiere here, but if it's him or nothing, then I choose him.

2001–2007 Arsenal 29 (1)

Luca Modric has 1 goal and 1 assists this season, must be shit because the stats back that up.

That will go over the heads of most people. Aliadiere is technically a pretty accomplished player. He doesn't score enough goals but he might well help create a few. But seeing as we've got plenty of strikers at the club already we obviously don't need "an extra body".

Yeah, I've looked at Jonas' stats. One goal and two assists this season, and he's played in almost every game. His last assist came in October, he's played more than 1300 minutes since then. While not as poor as Alliadiare, he's garbage too and needs replacing ASAP.

As for Alliadiare vs Ewerthon, I've not seen much of Ewerthon, but I can't see him being worse than the shower of shit that is Alliadiare. If he is, I'd rather us just use our youngsters, because Alliadiare (while he's got a funny name), is absolute utter tosh. He's a worse footballer than Shaun is a poster on here.

2001–2007 Arsenal 29 (1)

Luca Modric has 1 goal and 1 assists this season, must be s*** because the stats back that up.

That will go over the heads of most people. Aliadiere is technically a pretty accomplished player. He doesn't score enough goals but he might well help create a few. But seeing as we've got plenty of strikers at the club already we obviously don't need "an extra body".

That's why I believe Aliadiere would be a better signing. He can play on the wing, or behind the striker as well as upfront. He would be an ideal impact sub. imo

If things go great, then fantastic. But I'd not want our youngsters having the pressure of a relegation battle on their shoulders if things start to go wrong in this next few weeks.

Sure it's great experience for them to go to Anfield and Stamford Bridge and play in one of the best leagues in the world, but at their age to have the pressure that will undoubtledly come from the SJP crowd is just wrong IMO. With Ameobi and Best injured, we have arguably one senior striker at the club in Lovenkrands, and then two youngsters in Airey and Ranger. We need somebody desperately - as long as they have two legs and know what a football looks like, that's all that pretty much matters - they'll blunder a goal or two even if they are shit.

But I'd rather the pressure be on the shoulders of them knowing they'll be gone in 6 months time than it potentially damage the reputation of a player - I mean, you just have to look at the reaction to Ranger in recent months and many writing him off before his career has even started - it's just not the right environment for an untried youngster.

I don't particularly want Aliadiere here, but if it's him or nothing, then I choose him.

When you are stupidly young you play with no pressure, and anyone laying expectations on their shoulders is a massive dick tbf. (not saying you would or are, just clearing that up as I know what you are like!! ;))

Ewerthon would be a good move, something very different to what we've got, but Aliadiere is a nothing, I reckon give me 6-8 weeks of beasting myself in the gym and i'd be a better option than Aliadiere and I haven't kicked a ball in years, too many to count.

I've got 200% faith that Airey especially would do a better job and think someone like Adam Campbell coming on here and there instead of Aliadiere would ignite his career and force it forward, rather than rely on what quality(?) Aliadiere has coming off the bench or even (dread to think) starting.

Personally i'd start Ranger every game from now until the end of the season when fit, i'd partner him with Ameobi when fit, then Best, after than HBA when fit, then it is down to the like of Lovenkrands and then Airey/Campbell or Aliadiere...Ewerthon would jump straight to the head of that and be a viable option from the off even with injured players fit, that's the kind of free we need to be looking at, not 6th choice Aliadiere

Sure it's great experience for them to go to Anfield and Stamford Bridge and play in one of the best leagues in the world, but at their age to have the pressure that will undoubtledly come from the SJP crowd is just wrong IMO. With Ameobi and Best injured, we have arguably one senior striker at the club in Lovenkrands, and then two youngsters in Airey and Ranger. We need somebody desperately - as long as they have two legs and know what a football looks like, that's all that pretty much matters - they'll blunder a goal or two even if they are s***.

When you are stupidly young you play with no pressure, and anyone laying expectations on their shoulders is a massive dick tbf. (not saying you would or are, just clearing that up as I know what you are like!! ;))

Ewerthon would be a good move, something very different to what we've got, but Aliadiere is a nothing, I reckon give me 6-8 weeks of beasting myself in the gym and i'd be a better option than Aliadiere and I haven't kicked a ball in years, too many to count.

I've got 200% faith that Airey especially would do a better job and think someone like Adam Campbell coming on here and there instead of Aliadiere would ignite his career and force it forward, rather than rely on what quality(?) Aliadiere has coming off the bench or even (dread to think) starting.

Personally i'd start Ranger ever game from now until the end of the season when fit, i'd partner him with Ameobi when fit, then Best, after than HBA when fit, then it is down to the like of Lovenkrands and then Airey/Campbell or Aliadiere...Ewerthon would jump straight to the head of that and be a viable option from the off even with injured players fit, that's the kind of free we need to be looking at, not 6th choice Aliadiere

Well obviously Ewerthon is a better choice, but I doubt he'd come here as he'll probably want a longer contract then I'd want a back up striker to have.

Sure it's great experience for them to go to Anfield and Stamford Bridge and play in one of the best leagues in the world, but at their age to have the pressure that will undoubtledly come from the SJP crowd is just wrong IMO. With Ameobi and Best injured, we have arguably one senior striker at the club in Lovenkrands, and then two youngsters in Airey and Ranger. We need somebody desperately - as long as they have two legs and know what a football looks like, that's all that pretty much matters - they'll blunder a goal or two even if they are s***.

Personally i'd start Ranger ever game from now until the end of the season when fit, i'd partner him with Ameobi when fit, then Best, after than HBA when fit, then it is down to the like of Lovenkrands and then Airey/Campbell or Aliadiere...Ewerthon would jump straight to the head of that and be a viable option from the off even with injured players fit, that's the kind of free we need to be looking at, not 6th choice Aliadiere

Well obviously Ewerthon is a better choice, but I doubt he'd come here as he'll probably want a longer contract then I'd want a back up striker to have.

We've a good chance with Ewerthon if we go for him, he's not going to get a bigger club in the prem going for him, and he'll not get as many chances with other clubs as you would here (going off his agent stating he wants a move to the prem)

Aliadiere is about the only way to make one of the shittest strikeforces in the league worse.

I would imagine that signing Ewerthon wouldn't just hinge on the length of contract but on his state of fitness as well. Doesn't seem to have a great injury record and you have to wonder why he's without a club if his pedigree is all that.

I would imagine that signing Ewerthon wouldn't just hinge on the length of contract but on his state of fitness as well. Doesn't seem to have a great injury record and you have to wonder why he's without a club if his pedigree is all that.

He's a damn site more matchfit than Aliadiere is. The lad has been out for a year ffs, Ewerthon was still training and playing until a month ago.

He's a damn site more matchfit than Aliadiere is. The lad has been out for a year ffs, Ewerthon was still training and playing until a month ago.

We'll probably sign neither of them in any case.

We'll probably sign neither of them in any case.

probably. The only way we'll sign Ewerthon is if his agent and him turn up at SJP offering themselves, even then we'd offer peanuts and hope he'll sign a daft contract with good play bonuses.

We are interested in Ewerthon according to his agent so the first hurdle (knowing who he is) is out of the way. If his fitness record is good then the only major stumbling block would be length of contract. Is he good enough to hold a place in our first team beyond this season? bear in mind we'll have HBA back and will be looking to sign at least one striker in the summer.

We are interested in Ewerthon according to his agent so the first hurdle (knowing who he is) is out of the way. If his fitness record is good then the only major stumbling block would be length of contract. Is he good enough to hold a place in our first team beyond this season? bear in mind we'll have HBA back and will be looking to sign at least one striker in the summer.

Nah he's only good enough for the rest of the season. If we sign I can see him becoming like Lovenkrands.