NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest EastEndGeordie

If you look at our squad, it might be a bit thin but having played something like 4 games between them, you could almost suggest Gosling and HBA are like new signings next season. Also, add in Steven Taylor due to his lack of outings this season.

I like the look of Hooper of Celtic and wanted us to sign him from Scunthorpe 12 months ago. He is quick and has an eye for goal and whilst most on here will point out its only the SPL, he looks to me like a natural born goalscorer who will get 15 goals a season, even in the PL.

I dont really think we need Forster so offer Celtic 2.5 million plus Forster and with them currently heavily in debt, they would probably snap our hands off. I also like the look of the left back at Celtic and if Jose was to go, he could be a good replacement and is only 22.

Many would disagree with this but I would get SWP for the right wing, even though he wouldnt be cheap but his pace would be valuable to us. I doubt he would cost more than 5 million now.

Throw in Elmander on a free and there is less about 10 million on transfers spent. Offer Rangers Smith to get him off our books and a couple of decent youngsters and we have a bloody good squad next year.

In: Elmander, Hooper, SWP, Inguirie, and a couple of decent young signings plus we have HBA and Gosling fit again.

Out: Forster, Smith and Routledge

Wouldn't mind that but TBH SWP would be too expensive and he's twenty nine, he's way too old to be spending that sort of money on.

Guest EastEndGeordie

Doyle has scored three goals in twenty matches. Might as well stick with Lovenkrands if we want that kind of record as the Loven has scored three in six less matches than Doyle.

Guest EastEndGeordie

I've been saying for a while that we need to sign Hooper before he gets the England call up (which he will, as he's much better than Bothroyd. I can see Liverpool taking him in a year or two.

Holy Moly just looked at his record.

Carr get out there in your scout mobile and sign that man immediatly.

I've been saying for a while that we need to sign Hooper before he gets the England call up (which he will, as he's much better than Bothroyd. I can see Liverpool taking him in a year or two.

Strange that we didn't try snap him before Celtic bought him. Will be too expensive now, I think

Who is that young Blackpool lad who's just breaking through? Right winger/forward I think. If they go down I'd be up for a cheeky bid for him (even though I can't remember his name!)

I think it's Phillps you're after:

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10432~53280,00.html

Guest EastEndGeordie

Strange that we didn't try snap him before Celtic bought him. Will be too expensive now, I think

Who is that young Blackpool lad who's just breaking through? Right winger/forward I think. If they go down I'd be up for a cheeky bid for him (even though I can't remember his name!)

Actually may not be as much as you might think: http://www.scotzine.com/2011/02/celtic-debt-rises-to-9-million/

Actually may not be as much as you might think: http://www.scotzine.com/2011/02/celtic-debt-rises-to-9-million/

Could have some effect on the price, but if Hooper continue this run, there will talks about a england call up. Subsequently the price will go sky high.

It was only a year ago that City were being linked with Perotti for £40m. :lol:

Carlton Cole wouldn't be that bad of a signing for £10m, like. He's got a fair bit of talent, just hasn't been using it this past year or so.

He's shite man.

You'd be paying £10 million for somebody with a worse record than Shola.

Here's the bad news: Those sites are bollocks.

Surely that's good news when it comes to the £10m Cole story? :)

Anyway goal is just quoting different papers, the Mirror for the Cole story and the Mail for the Perroti story.

I'd love to have Perotti but he's out of our reach, surely. He's a great talent and he'll be expensive as well, no way Sevilla will let him go cheap.

I seem to recall similar statements (from most) to Ben Arfa, I wouldn't write it off just yet like.