NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

It was only a year ago that City were being linked with Perotti for £40m. :lol:

Carlton Cole wouldn't be that bad of a signing for £10m, like. He's got a fair bit of talent, just hasn't been using it this past year or so.

He's s**** man.

You'd be paying £10 million for somebody with a worse record than Shola.

But far more ability and mileage left in him.

Carlton Cole wouldn't be that bad of a signing for £10m, like. He's got a fair bit of talent, just hasn't been using it this past year or so.

He's s**** man.

Hardly. He'll be 28 at the start of the next season and has barely showed any ability in his entire career.

Quite surprised you actually rate him, and at £10 million too. Bad, bad player.

He's s**** man.

Hardly. He'll be 28 at the start of the next season and has barely showed any ability in his entire career.

Quite surprised you actually rate him, and at £10 million too. Bad, bad player.

I don't think he's quite worth £10m, just don't think he'd be that bad a signing at that price. He's one of those players who's awareness will just click at some point, like Zamora's did. Only he's naturally a better finisher and athlete.

Carlton is the shittest of the Cole's by some distance. He should thank the devil everyday that he's a premiership footballer, his limited talents are embarrassing. I'd be sick if we wasted money on him, he's a shite Ameobi ffs. just sickening the thought of a third of carrolls fee blown on that tart.

Carlton is the shittest of the Cole's by some distance. He should thank the devil everyday that he's a premiership footballer, his limited talents are embarrassing. I'd be sick if we wasted money on him, he's a s**** Ameobi ffs. just sickening the thought of a third of carrolls fee blown on that tart.

recently aye, i think he's pissed off there and has more than that. not too long ago he was touted as a possible england call up. in the right set up, and i'm not saying we are, a very decent forward could emerge.

Can't believe people claiming Carlton Cole is worse than Shola. Absolute insanity. He's stronger, quicker, works harder and is far more of a handful than Shola for goodness sake. He's a bit stiff and can look awkward, but if we are looking to get a prem experienced targte man sort, along with another striker who is more of a goal scorer, then Carlton Cole wouldn't be a bad shout. Definitely rather him than Crouch or Elmander.

Carlton is the shittest of the Cole's by some distance. He should thank the devil everyday that he's a premiership footballer, his limited talents are embarrassing. I'd be sick if we wasted money on him, he's a s**** Ameobi ffs. just sickening the thought of a third of carrolls fee blown on that tart.

recently aye, i think he's pissed off there and has more than that. not too long ago he was touted as a possible england call up. in the right set up, and i'm not saying we are, a very decent forward could emerge.

He has 7 caps.

I do think he is underrated, but being better than Peter Crouch is a bit much

I said I'd rather Cole. We need more athleticism and pace. Crouch does not stretch teams at all, and just isn't mobile enough.

I do think he is underrated, but being better than Peter Crouch is a bit much

I said I'd rather Cole. We need more athleticism and pace. Crouch does not stretch teams at all, and just isn't mobile enough.

Keeps up with Lennon and Bale on the counter attack... He is actually reasonably quick.

Cole can produce moments of skill - like with his goal against Birmingham in the League Cup semi - that put him in a class above your average target man. Hence the international recognition.

The natural progression of his career got disrupted by the Abramovich revolution at Chelsea. I don't think he got the right chances at the right time, and then ended up being farmed out on loan here and there. His temperament was also a bit wayward.

We could be the chance he's been waiting for, at the right time, so I'd be happy to see him sign.

Feel like I've stepped into bizarro world. People advocating spending ten million on Carlton fucking Cole to replace Andy Carroll?!

I thought this money was better than having Carroll and will give us a far better team according to some on here? Cole couldn't lace Carroll's boots.

I'd honestly rather have given him away for free than sign that lump. Is this the clever scouting for bargains that everyone keeps banging on about and telling me we're brilliant at? Jesus.

Feel like I've stepped into bizarro world. People advocating spending ten million on Carlton fucking Cole to replace Andy Carroll?!

I thought this money was better than having Carroll and will give us a far better team according to some on here? Cole couldn't lace Carroll's boots.

I'd honestly rather have given him away for free than sign that lump. Is this the clever scouting for bargains that everyone keeps banging on about and telling me we're brilliant at? Jesus.

on the bright side when have we ever signed anyone we've been linked to in feb

Cole can produce moments of skill - like with his goal against Birmingham in the League Cup semi - that put him in a class above your average target man. Hence the international recognition.

The natural progression of his career got disrupted by the Abramovich revolution at Chelsea. I don't think he got the right chances at the right time, and then ended up being farmed out on loan here and there. His temperament was also a bit wayward.

We could be the chance he's been waiting for, at the right time, so I'd be happy to see him sign.

You have some points. If you place an attacker aka Bellamy beside him, and he got to Barton and another winger on the left to constantly provide him with crossers, he could bag some goals. But the fact is that he got a shit scoring ratio. And I think he, despite WH's economical situation, is on a very good contract. In other words, the lad may have potential, but he's not worth £10 mill and a £40 000 a week contract.

I will take him, but only on a free transfer or minimal sum (WH may be forced to sell  him cheaply if they go down), and if he settles for a wage that is represents his performances on the pitch. He scores one goal in approximately every fifth game. That is not good enough to justify a sweet contract. Sign him on maximum £15 a week, and renegotiate if he delivers

West Ham can ask for as much as they want but I bet if they go down they'll get £6-7m tops for Cole. Him along with a £10-15m striker who'll bag 15 goals a season would work imo.

6-7 is generous in the extreme

That's and understatement, especially when we consider what we paid for HBA and  Tiote. TBH, I would be furious if we spent more than £2 mill on this player.