NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Roger Kint

Isnt Pbellamy like 32-33 or summat now? Would still probably cost a few million but I doubt he'd have much left in hiis tank at his best.

Getting old, has dodgy knee(s?) and has no interest in being anywhere near here.

Guest Chubby Jason

People still talking about Bellamy? Jesus :facepalm:

It's surely not that much of an outlandish suggestion is it?

Yes

It's really not though is it?

Guest Roger Kint

We really should get rid of that facepalm graphic, it's the most patronising and annoying thing on here.

Sometimes it is suitable tbh

Guest Roger Kint

Yes

He is getting too old, he has dodgy knees, only last summer he considered retirement before Cardiff came in, he has said the only move after City would be Cardiff as his son is in Newport Countys youth team and his family live in Wales. He has no interest whatsoever in coming back here and Ashley will probably not sanction a move for him anyway. Yeah why would it be outlandish eh?

Guest Chubby Jason

Yes

He is getting too old, he has dodgy knees, only last summer he considered retirement before Cardiff came in, he has said the only move after City would be Cardiff as his son is in Newport Countys youth team and his family live in Wales. He has no interest whatsoever in coming back here and Ashley will probably not sanction a move for him anyway. Yeah why would it be outlandish eh?

Did he bollocks consider retirement for one second, he talks shite, Man United and a whole host of teams were trying to sign him, how would you know he has no interest in coming here? Didn't he say he'd "walk" back to Newcastle?

I'd be very surprised if we weren't one of the teams in for him in the summer.

Guest Roger Kint

Yes

Did he bollocks consider retirement for one second, he talks s****, Man United and a whole host of teams were trying to sign him, how would you know he has no interest in coming here? Didn't he say he'd "walk" back to Newcastle?

Love that you claim he talks shite then use something he said to aid your argument.........

City had no interest in letting him go to a rival anyway, otherwise they could have sold him to one of the number of clubs you say rather than let him go on loan to Cardiff. He promised his wife he would only leave Manchester to go back home, she was still living in their family home near Cardiff when he played for City. Now it doesnt take a genius to work out commuting here is not feasible does it?

Guest Chubby Jason

Yes

Did he bollocks consider retirement for one second, he talks s****, Man United and a whole host of teams were trying to sign him, how would you know he has no interest in coming here? Didn't he say he'd "walk" back to Newcastle?

Love that you claim he talks s**** then use something he said to aid your argument.........

City had no interest in letting him go to a rival anyway, otherwise they could have sold him to one of the number of clubs you say rather than let him go on loan to Cardiff. He promised his wife he would only leave Manchester to go back home, she was still living in their family home near Cardiff when he played for City. Now it doesnt take a genius to work out commuting here is not feasible does it?

Where will he go? Back to City? Retirement? It's perfectly plausible Newcastle will be in for him in the summer, he's just as likely to sign as anyone else.

Guest Roger Kint
Where will he go? Back to City? Retirement? It's perfectly plausible Newcastle will be in for him in the summer, he's just as likely to sign as anyone else.

If only there was a football club near to his family home in Cardiff that he is a fan of and could give him a game...........

It is not plausable at all that we will be in for him or that he would move away from his family to play for us until his knees pack up, the idea we are as likely to sign him as anyone is is laughable tbh.

Guest Chubby Jason

If only there was a football club near to his family home in Cardiff that he is a fan of and could give him a game...........

It is not plausable at all that we will be in for him or that he would move away from his family to play for us until his knees pack up, the idea we are as likely to sign him as anyone is is laughable tbh.

Yes, based on your reasoning it's totally obscene, please accept my apologies.

I don't rate Cisse. He's a good athlete, but clumsy on the ball. I think he's ended up in the Greek league for a reason.

Going by his statistics he's clearly far, far too good for it. Cisse would be a gamble but it would be a good signing providing it's no more than the £7/8m range. Would he be remotely interested in coming back to the North East though? Might seem like a backwards step.

Guest Chubby Jason

I don't rate Cisse. He's a good athlete, but clumsy on the ball. I think he's ended up in the Greek league for a reason.

Going by his statistics he's clearly far, far too good for it. Cisse would be a gamble but it would be a good signing providing it's no more than the £7/8m range. Would he be remotely interested in coming back to the North East though? Might seem like a backwards step.

He just strikes me as another Martins, although much older.

He just strikes me as another Martins, although much older.

Allegedly

Guest Roger Kint

He is only 3 years older than Martins, has a better scoring record than him and the [by Jason's logic] much older Bellamy. Not saying he would be the best choice for us but we can do a lot worse.

Guest Chubby Jason

What do you mean by another Martins?

Fast but doesn't have the intelligence to use his pace properly and very erratic in his finishing and positioning. Mind you I haven't seen Cisse in years so I'm just basing my opinion on the last time he was in the Premierleague.

Cisse can be very streaky.  When he's good, he's good.  When he's off, he's awful.  You'd have to have another option for when he slumps.

Carlton Cole would also impede Rangers progress.  An older player who can still be effective who could help tutor Ranger would be ideal.  That player could give you a year or two and then step aside for (hopefully) Ranger.

I'd love to see Hooper here.

Guest toonlass

Cisse can be very streaky.  When he's good, he's good.  When he's off, he's awful.  You'd have to have another option for when he slumps.

Carlton Cole would also impede Rangers progress.  An older player who can still be effective who could help tutor Ranger would be ideal.  That player could give you a year or two and then step aside for (hopefully) Ranger.

Hooper? No way! He's in no way premier league class!

Hooper? No way! He's in no way premier league class!

And I'm sure a Celtic fan would say the same about any Rangers forward.