NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Rob 1988

Bradley Johnson - Sky Sports

Skysports.com understands that Premier League trio Newcastle, Bolton and Stoke will all continue to monitor Leeds United midfielder Bradley Johnson for the remainder of the season.

Johnson was a notable absentee on Saturday as his red card against Barnsley last week meant he was suspended for Leeds' trip to Swansea, the first Championship game he has missed this term.

In Johnson's absence, Simon Grayson's men toiled at the Liberty Stadium and slumped to a disappointing 3-0 defeat to their promotion rivals.

Johnson should return to Leeds' squad against Doncaster Rovers on Saturday and a number of Premier League scouts are expected to be in attendance to observe the 23-year-old, who is currently available for free this summer.

The former Northampton man, who can operate in a number of positions for Leeds, has been at Elland Road since January 2008.

Johnson has again contributed goals-wise for Leeds this season having found the back of the net seven times - including a long-range special in their FA Cup replay with Arsenal.

Hopeful

"Hopefully I'll be back in the squad on Saturday," Johnson told skysports.com. "At Leeds we've got a good set of lads, good manager and outstanding fan base.

"Hopefully we can build on where we and get back into the Premier League, where the team belongs.

"Right now I'm just focusing on playing rather than my future and we'll see what happens."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6786294,00.html

if we were to pick anybody from leeds i'd have snodgrass ahead of johnson like

what do you think of Max Gradel? Haven`t watched any of Leeds in the Championship but hear his name mentioned a lot in the press....was linked with us a while back.

Newcastle midfielder Cheik Tiote has revealed why he rejected a deadline-day move to Chelsea in January to stay with the Magpies. He said that the players made him feel welcome and he added: "Newcastle life is good for me. It is not like London - London is too busy, there are too many people. That makes it easier to focus on your job."

Eh?

so he snubbed chelsea? does that mean nufc didnt?

WHere was that quoted from?

Saw it from BBC gossip, but entire article - 'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1361098/Newcastle-star-Cheik-Tiote-happy-snubbed-Chelsea.html'  absolutely nought in there regards to Chelsea mind, odd nonetheless.

he snubbed chelsea? does that mean nufc didnt?

I think NUFC would have ignored any bid for Titoe. In fact I believe that no bid was even submitted. But a possible scenario is that Tiote's agent has whispered to him that Chelsea was interested. Agents are fucking cretins, so I believe that they're capable of such behavior. If Tiote was  a weak soul, that utterance could have been enough to make him hand in a transfer request. Then Chelsea could place a bid. The article could be based on such a situation. But it's just as likely that the journalist is writing fiction.

Seriously, has someone changed EthiopianGeordie's name?

`We've just loaned out Routledge to QPR, so there'd be no point in getting Gradel`

unless hes better than Routy.

I suspect that routledge is the same as parker, he just wants to be back in the south east....cant hack it being 400 miles from mummy.

`We've just loaned out Routledge to QPR, so there'd be no point in getting Gradel`

unless hes better than Routy.

I suspect that routledge is the same as parker, he just wants to be back in the south east....cant hack it being 400 miles from mummy.

Poor.

I like snoddy like, dunno how he'd fair in the prem mind but i'd be happy if we got him in oni the cheap

Snodgrass is decent technically but his lack of pace and general drive would be competlely exposed in the Premier League. He wouldn't make it in this division imo. Whilst technically inferior, Gradel's probably the more likely to succeed, especially considering he's only 23. I really wouldn't want to see us investing any sort of significant cash in anyone from Leeds' squad.

Gradel, Snodgrass, Johnson...they're all average Championship players playing above their level as a collective for that Leeds team. There's hundreds of talented players available on the continent to sign ahead of any of them.

Gradel, Snodgrass, Johnson...they're all average Championship players playing above their level as a collective for that Leeds team. There's hundreds of talented players available on the continent to sign ahead of any of them.

12 month ago .......

Simpson,Carroll,Colo...they're all average Championship players playing above their level as a collective for that Newcastle team. There's hundreds of talented players available on the continent to sign ahead of any of them

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

12 month ago .......

Simpson,Carroll,Colo...they're all average Championship players playing above their level as a collective for that Newcastle team. There's hundreds of talented players available on the continent to sign ahead of any of them

Colo?

12 month ago .......

Simpson is the only on there that falls into that category man. Even then I'd always have rated him higher than that Leeds trio.

Snodgrass can't even get near the Jocks team.

I would take that with a pinch of salt. Charlie Adam was pretty much ignored when in the Championship.

A fair and good point well made. His reputation was ruined in Scotland because the Gers shunned him out wide when it was clear as day he was a proper central midfielder. Still don't think Snodgrass is Prem quality, though.

Guest Chubby Jason

I can't stand the thought of someone called "Snodgrass" playing for us no matter how good he is. Terrible name.