NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Blef:

January 2010, Hooper at Scunthorpe: We should sign him.

1 year later, Hooper at Celtic: Not good enough.

I remember how good she (and plenty others) said Boyd was anarl. Only just makes it onto the Boro bench these days.

Blef:

I remember how good she (and plenty others) said Boyd was anarl. Only just makes it onto the Boro bench these days.

I saw Cooper in the old firm. 2 well taken goals. Boyd is another type of player. He's an inferior version of Van Nistelrooy. A player who lives for tap ins. Consequently, he was good in rangers because he was playing for a dominant team that gave him plenty of crossers. Now however he's in a much weaker side and he's not able to free ride. He must be a part of the build up play, set up other players and etc. And that where he falls through.  But if he receives the ball inside the box, without no pressure, it's likely that he will score. Sadly for him, Boro stinks and is not able to put him in those kind of situations

Guest EastEndGeordie

Djebral Cisse has been link today...

Well tbh his scoring record for Panothnikos is brilliant, just depends on the amount. Anybody have any clue of the price that the papers are touting?

Well tbh his scoring record for Panothnikos is brilliant, just depends on the amount. Anybody have any clue of the price that the papers are touting?

Free transfer, he wants to end his contract at Panathanikos due to racist abuse from fans.

Guest EastEndGeordie

Free transfer, he wants to end his contract at Panathanikos due to racist abuse from fans.

Getting him for free wouldn't be a bad deal, but only as long as we bring in other strikers as well to play ahead of him, in reality we should be aiming to make him our number one bench warmer for the the two main strikers, whoever they  become.

If we could sign him on free transfer that would have been a coup though. If UEFA regards racism as a legitimate reason to terminate a contract with immediate effect, he will be a free agent and we could then sign him and play him now. If he gets that status, we're probably not the only club after him though. 

Blef:

I saw Cooper in the old firm. 2 well taken goals. Boyd is another type of player. He's an inferior version of Van Nistelrooy. A player who lives for tap ins. Consequently, he was good in rangers because he was playing for a dominant team that gave him plenty of crossers. Now however he's in a much weaker side and he's not able to free ride. He must be a part of the build up play, set up other players and etc. And that where he falls through.  But if he receives the ball inside the box, without no pressure, it's likely that he will score. Sadly for him, Boro stinks and is not able to put him in those kind of situations

Where are you from Punk77, if you don't mind me asking?

Guest Mucky01

regarding Cisse — I’m pretty sure that you have to be released from you’re contract before the transfer window shuts, to be able to move as an unregistered player to a new club outside of the transfer window.

Otherwise it would be open to abuse.

I rate him and would take him in a heartbeat but I reckon I'd bag a few goals playing upfront for one of the Athens teams in the Greek league.

What happened with Cisse at sunderland? Sure I'm right in thinking he wasn't even getting in their team by the end, and they were dire.

The Roy Keane factor?

Possibly, I know nowt about it like, just putting it out there.

Guest EastEndGeordie

What happened with Cisse at sunderland? Sure I'm right in thinking he wasn't even getting in their team by the end, and they were dire.

The Roy Keane factor?

It was Sbragia at the end though

Forgot about him, anybody know what he's up to nowadays?