NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

If owt happens to Enrique I'd not be overkeen to rely on Ferguson yet as a full-back. A centre-back with the ability to play left-back is better imo.

Mamadou Sakho type player would be ideal, but unrealistic.

If owt happens to Enrique I'd not be overkeen to rely on Ferguson yet as a full-back. A centre-back with the ability to play left-back is better imo.

Mamadou Sakho type player would be ideal, but unrealistic.

People like Distin, Bassong, O'Shea, etc. Not necessarily those players but that type who'd be probably first-choice centre-back alongside Coloccini, but could play left-back if Enrique's out.

I'm with NUT on this (re:left back situation) :thup:

I'd rather not be relying on Ferguson as sole backup.

How can we ever expect to bring young players through if we don't give them a chance. Every time Ferguson has played for the first team he has done well. Give him a chance to prove himself.

There's giving them a chance, and there's throwing them in at the deep end. Ferguson is probably ideal now we're probably safe so give him a run, but if we're battling relegation, pushing for Europe, etc. next season, we need someone more experienced in that situation.

Exactly. I'm all for giving him a chance, but if Enrique's fucked with a big game coming up and Ferguson bottles it, what do we do?

The obsession with blooding youngsters is insane at times.

Guest Stephen927

Think Ferguson should be put in as occasional left wing sub. Would be a bit nervous with him at left back with his height, would be an easy target in this league.

Guest Antec

nufc.com saying we are set to give an Australian Ginger kid a trial

Please be true, cult figure in the making :lol:

http://www.nufc.com/players/amini-2.jpg

nufc.com saying we are set to give an Australian Ginger kid a trial

Please be true, cult figure in the making :lol:

http://www.nufc.com/players/amini-2.jpg

We need to sign Sidwell then we can have the first all ginger midfield in the premiership.

Newton - Sidwell - Amini - Richardson

Mustapha Amini is a promising player who is good on the ball and has a decent passing game. Quick and at only 17 probably the most promising domestic youngster in Australia. Wicked afro but rumour has it he has just got it cut. Also looks like he is spending the rest of the season with Bayern Munich so I cant see him coming here.