NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest elbee909

Should give the number 9 to Tiote

And the #10 to Jose Enrique to cconvince him to stay?

The number 9 convinced Carroll to stay so why not?

Oh.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the club is going to go out and find a 10m striker to "replace Carroll" and take over the number 9 just to get it out of the way.

Of course, the last time we went No.9-shopping, we ended up with Martins.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the club is going to go out and find a 10m striker to "replace Carroll" and take over the number 9 just to get it out of the way.

Who left the club with a better-than 1 in 3 record.

There's no one in the squad who's really worth it at the moment.

No. 9 is all about goals and quality. But since shearer I've always associated no. 9 with loyalty too.  So if Tiote choose to stay with us forever, despite the club not being able to fulfill his trophy dreams, I have no problem with him taking the famous number. HBA has a no 9 potential though, but I think he's very attached to jersey no 10

No. 9 is all about goals and quality. But since shearer I've always associated no. 9 with loyalty too.  So if Tiote choose to stay with us forever, despite the club not being able to fulfill his trophy dreams, I have no problem with him taking the famous number. HBA has a no 9 potential though, but I think he's very attached to jersey no 10

Only Shearer's held the number 9 shirt for more than three seasons in a row in feck knows how long tbh. Maybe even all the way back to Supermac?

Well traditionally, Ben Arfa's a number 10. I really hope he is played off the striker next year.

Heard nothing but good things about Gameiro. Be nice to have a dynamic French duo 9 and 10 upfront for us.

I loved him when he was here but it's becoming increasingly clear in hindsight that he wasn't worth the 10 mil or the shirt.

I loved him when he was here but it's becoming increasingly clear in hindsight that he wasn't worth the 10 mil or the shirt.

If you loved him when he was here he was worth it.  Don't allow your resentment about how he left and his nomadic existence sinbce cloud the fact he was decent for us.

Only Shearer's held the number 9 shirt for more than three seasons in a row in feck knows how long tbh. Maybe even all the way back to Supermac?

But it's because of Shearer I associate loyalty with the no. 9 shirt :pow:  I

But it's because of Shearer I associate loyalty with the no. 9 shirt :pow:  I

Shearer > all

That's surely more to an individual though rather than a shirt number. Number 9 to me = goals.

But it's the person who scores the goals, not the jersey :) For me goals isn't enough. The person must have a certain attitude too: Responsible, loyal and be a role model for the younger players.. He got to earn it..

That's surely more to an individual though rather than a shirt number. Number 9 to me = goals.

But it's the person who scores the goals, not the jersey :) For me goals isn't enough. The person must have a certain attitude too: Responsible, loyal and be a role model for the younger players.. He got to earn it..

But my point is only Shearer's really done that over the last 35 years, whereas Cole, Carroll, Ferdinand, Quinn, etc have filled their boots goalwise in that shirt short-term to good effect.

http://www.quenonino.com.uy/quenonino/Portals/0/Noticias/Futbol%20Internacional/Noticias/2011/adriano_desembarque_rep_3.jpg

:lol:

:lol:

What a waste! Loved him, one player ive always wanted at Newcastle.

There are not many players who i'd say are unplayable but he was definitely one of them on his day; whch were so few and far between. Would have been perfect for the english game anarl.