NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I think most peoples beef with it is we shouldn't be looking to replace Shola, we should really be looking to upgrade him and Doyle's a sidegrade at best.

its a given that we need two new strikers. all i'm saying is lets increase the squad quality as well while we're at it. if you think about it, thats actually more ambitious

I would have taken Doyle not long back but it's becoming more pressing that we need a goalscorer and I would rather sign an unproven goalscorer for another league as a gamble than a proven non-goalscorer from this one.

I would have taken Doyle not long back but it's becoming more pressing that we need a goalscorer and I would rather sign an unproven goalscorer for another league as a gamble than a proven non-goalscorer from this one.

all i'm saying is lets have reliable back up so we can send ranger out on loan

No I can see your point, just think Doyle would cost a fair whack.

No I can see your point, just think Doyle would cost a fair whack.

granted, its pie in the sky really. obviously i'm hoping for serious upgrades on our starting front line at the minute. its gonna be mint when one of them breaks down and we're left with shola again.

Hopefully Shola is 4th choice behind New, Ben Arfa and Best.

Still think we could do with 2 new forwards but not going to get my hopes up and if we can get HBA playing the majority of the season then those 4 (depending on who 'New' is) should be good enough.

yeah true, if reports that ben arfa's gonna be played off the front striker are true, i'd expect us to only bring in that striker tbh and concentrate the rest of our efforts elsewhere. when all's said and done that could well be the best option. the new man's gonna have to hit the ground running and have a bloody good fitness record though, thats for sure.

Doyle and David n'Gog upfront next season. SMELL THE TOP 4 FINISH!

Actually I wouldn't mind N'Gog at all. He has a bit of talent, and provides something that none of our other strikers do, which would make him a decent option to have. I see Doyle as a replica of what we already possess.

Snodgrass linked in the Sunday Times

Would be great not cheap though...one natural left footed midfielder would make no harm

http://www.carling.com/media/ShaneFergusonThumb.png

http://totalfootballmadness.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Hatem-Ben-Arfa1.jpg