NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

barton nolan out, adam nzogbia in!

i'd actually go for that (though i think adam is a massive risk) but can't see it happening.

You'd swap two of the most experienced and influential members of our squad for a moody Frenchman and a guy who's played one season in the Prem? Talk about upsetting squad dynamics!

barton nolan out, adam nzogbia in!

i'd actually go for that (though i think adam is a massive risk) but can't see it happening.

You'd swap two of the most experienced and influential members of our squad for a moody Frenchman and a guy who's played one season in the Prem? Talk about upsetting squad dynamics!

there has to be massive question marks playing wise over nolan/barton anyway for all they have massive (too  much ?) influence otherwise.

I dunno, even playing wise Barton has had a very good season overall, whilst Nolan, as limited a player he may be, has scored 12 goals. I don't think Adam's a better player than Barton and although Zog is technically better than all of them, his attitude sucks.

like it or not, Barton and Nolan are 2 players at the very core of our squad right now and to lose either would be a big blow imo.

Guest sicko2ndbest

So let me summarise

As of 27/5 at 7.45 it looks like

1) we are about to lose 3 of last seasons most influential players in Jose Barton and Nolan

2) our top 2 striking targets gervinho and Gameiro want other clubs

3) weve signed an 18 year old lens reject

What was that song by D:REAM

So let me summarise

1) we are about to lose 3 of last seasons most influential players in Jose Barton and Nolan

UR THE BEST THING!?  :coolsmiley:

Can't see it mentioned

We’ve given a player a deadline this week,” he said. “We think that’s 60-40 in our favour.

“We are pitching for a striker we bid for – that’s been reported. We’re hopeful on that but we’ll have to wait and see. And we’re pitching for another couple of players. I’m sure the fans are disappointed about the Joey situation but we are trying to take the club forward by signing players.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/05/27/joey-barton-will-be-in-alan-pardew-s-squad-61634-28772916/#ixzz1NXSmxL1D

Guest Roger Kint

Have i missed something why all of a sudden is Nolan going aswell?

his contract talks stalled as well

lovely start to the summer for us so far

He has a contract til 2013 not that facts should stand in the way of people over reacting.......

Guest Roger Kint

not really over reacting.....just wouldnt mind if things went smoothly for once

People saying Nolan is leaving is an over reaction

Can't see it mentioned

We’ve given a player a deadline this week,” he said. “We think that’s 60-40 in our favour.

“We are pitching for a striker we bid for – that’s been reported. We’re hopeful on that but we’ll have to wait and see. And we’re pitching for another couple of players. I’m sure the fans are disappointed about the Joey situation but we are trying to take the club forward by signing players.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/05/27/joey-barton-will-be-in-alan-pardew-s-squad-61634-28772916/#ixzz1NXSmxL1D

Good to see that Ashley is quite relaxed about players seeing out their final year at the club. It means we can keep the likes of Barton and Nolan around next year without committing ourselves to paying them for four years after that. In twelve months time I'd like to think we'll have moved beyond counting them as cornerstone players.

Can't see it mentioned

Good to see that Ashley is quite relaxed about players seeing out their final year at the club. It means we can keep the likes of Barton and Nolan around next year without committing ourselves to paying them for four years after that. In twelve months time I'd like to think we'll have moved beyond counting them as cornerstone players.

Another positive in the negative is that Barton/Nolan will hopefully try to up their game for us to improve their reputation to find a club that is willing to meet their demands, be it us or somebody else.

So let me summarise

To complete the picture -

1) None of those players have left yet or even said they were going to leave

2) Neither of those players have joined other clubs and we don't know if they were our 'top' targets

3) According to reports, Lens and a number of other clubs wanted to sign the player. He's not a reject.