NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

We have a twitter transfer thread we should have a tribalfootball one too

:D

Sunderland, Newcastle chasing Ji Dong-Won

Tribalfootball.com - ‎50 minutes ago‎

South Korean striker Ji Dong-Won is a target for Northeast rivals Sunderland and Newcastle United . The Daily Mail says Sunderland have entered the race for Dong-Won. The 20-year-old, watched by Newcastle last month, will cost around £1 million from ...

Looking on the positive side, the likes of Gameiro, Cabaye and Gervinho are of a standing that a team in 12th position shouldn't really have a prayer of signing. The work put in by Carr, and the good profile in France that we've achieved through our treatment of Ben Arfa has made us competitive in their market, even with the likes of Arsenal involved. I think Tiote and Ben Arfa have been saying positive things about us to the players that they're connected to, so that will have helped as well . The French press are a bit confused that we've landed Cabaye and that Gervinho is even considering us.

We have been able to sign players from French football for a very long time now: World cup winners, young players, captains, internationals we have signed the lot from France.

Players of this standard from this position in our development? Nobody springs to mind, but if so I'm sure we'd have been pleased about it at the time.

I do get the feeling that it'd kill you to admit that the current regime had done anything right.

Man I thought the article the other day only mentioned sunland, how naive :)

He was linked to us first something like two months ago. Just a rehash of old articles.

Ahhh well nevermind, what's the low down, he any good?

He's alright. Big lad up front with very good technique, not really prolific though.

Probably wouldn't make an immediate impact but he's the same age as Nile Ranger and better.

The gist of the article....

- Looking to return to Europe this season after a satisfactory return to the Premier League, buoyed by the money raised from the Andy Carroll sale.

- Relegation never silenced the fans, we "went through hell" playing 46 games in the second-tier and exceeded the 100-points mark before experiencing a rather quiet season this time out. They're looking to strengthen their 33 man squad in order to once again return to European competition.

- With the transfer window open again on Thursday, the transfer window looks an attractive one for Newcastle, with several rumours of players arriving. Goes on to talk about the Gervinho story and his quotes saying he'll play in England.

- Talks about the possible return of N'Zogbia, Ben Arfa's injury and the arrival of Cabaye.

- Mentions the Berbatov rumour and the fact we've had a bid for Gameiro accepted.

- Goes on about Nolan & Barton not signing their new contracts.

Absolutely nothing new from it but still interesting to see that we obviously still have a high profile there to write such an article.

Newcastle get mentioned in France

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/mar2009/9/5/newcastle-united-fans-386013878.jpg

Imho, we should look to Vela again. If we we're to play a 4-3-3 he could aswell play in all the attacking positions and would be a good utility player with a knack for goals.

N'zog to come in and be that bit more direct creative player linking up with the other frencies of ours and we just need a forward capable of scoring goals. With Best and Sholadinho in the back we got enough cover for a sole CF role.

The forward instead of beeing such a poacher type I would rather us have a player in the zlatan, berbatov mould. Knows where goal is, got a bit of strenght and knows how to use his head. Up to carr to find this striker though. Haorau?

That would be a GOOD summer in my eyes, adressing the speed of the team at the same time improving our striking options. Adding depth aswell.

Imho, we should look to Vela again. If we we're to play a 4-3-3 he could aswell play in all the attacking positions and would be a good utility player with a knack for goals.

N'zog to come in and be that bit more direct creative player linking up with the other frencies of ours and we just need a forward capable of scoring goals. With Best and Sholadinho in the back we got enough cover for a sole CF role.

The forward instead of beeing such a poacher type I would rather us have a player in the zlatan, berbatov mould. Knows where goal is, got a bit of strenght and knows how to use his head. Up to carr to find this striker though. Haorau?

I see where your coming from but why would Vela come and be back up here when he can do the same at Arsenal. Kid needs to find himself first team football.

Totally agree with the last bit though.

As much as Martin looks good, we need strikers and wingers!

We need to replace Nolan & Barton long-term, if the chance arises where we can get him before he's snapped up. Do it I say.

totally agree. even more so if we're still planning on playing a 4-3-3.

As much as Martin looks good, we need strikers and wingers!

We need to replace Nolan & Barton long-term, if the chance arises where we can get him before he's snapped up. Do it I say.

Aye, but we need strikers and atleast one winger as an absolute priority right now.  :undecided: