NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest guinness_fiend

And straight to Liverpool, seeing as the club appears hell-bent on buying every midfielder going at the moment.

I'd be delighted with Ba for the poacher role but I'm not too keen on Erdinc and Barnetta tbh. Especially if we get rid of Barton / don't sign another (better) winger or forward.

Zog's the one I really want now, tbh.

Find it quite ironic that were linked with someone who's first-name translates to calm in Spanish when we sell our captain.

Its also something that is said quite a lot on football pitches in Mexico (and Southern California). Its akin to saying "slow the pace down" or "settle the ball."

Faster, more versatile, two footed, slightly more skillful. Similar delivery from set-pieces though and a similar workrate.

I wouldn't say he's that injury prone before this last season, his appearence record hovers at just over 30 league games a season.

Mirror says that Pardew wants Warnock to replace Enrique, and he would cost £1m.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-Newcastle-transfer-news-Stephen-Warnock-1m-target-replace-Liverpool-target-Jose-Enrique-article747931.html

I recall talk of Keegan wanting him instead of Enrique just before he walked.  I thought he was a decent young player then, but don't think hes been up to much recently.

I couldn't help but feel slightly underwhelmed if there turned out there was something in this.

Also says that Dalglish is closing in on Enrique - two sides are haggling over price and possible exchanges. Don't like the sound of that at all

To anyone that knows Barnetta as a player, is he like Seb Larsson or better?

EDIT: Waiting for Sewelly's post. :thup:

Faster, more versatile, two footed, slightly more skillful. Similar delivery from set-pieces though and a similar workrate.

I wouldn't say he's that injury prone before this last season, his appearence record hovers at just over 30 league games a season.

Thanks.  :laugh:

Mirror says that Pardew wants Warnock to replace Enrique, and he would cost £1m.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-Newcastle-transfer-news-Stephen-Warnock-1m-target-replace-Liverpool-target-Jose-Enrique-article747931.html

I recall talk of Keegan wanting him instead of Enrique just before he walked.  I thought he was a decent young player then, but don't think hes been up to much recently.

I couldn't help but feel slightly underwhelmed if there turned out there was something in this.

Also says that Dalglish is closing in on Enrique - two sides are haggling over price and possible exchanges. Don't like the sound of that at all

Sounds fucking shit

I'd rather we signed just the Swansea LB than bringing in Warnock as well as. Once a decent player, now nowhere near that and from the sounds of it a drain on wages.

Ditto. I haven't really followed Warnock much but if he was any good Liverpool wouldn't be trying to buy Enrique.

I'd rather we signed just the Swansea LB than bringing in Warnock as well as. Once a decent player, now nowhere near that and from the sounds of it a drain on wages.

Ditto. I haven't really followed Warnock much but if he was any good Liverpool wouldn't be trying to buy Enrique.

I didn't know Liverpool bought players on the basis of how shit Aston Villa's squad is.