NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Not sure whether you can class two French internationals and a starter for a Champions League team in Leverkusen as mid-table quality like. IMO they're exactly the sort of player we should be looking at - a significant improvement on what we have as well as being attainable and realistic at the same time.

Completely agree.

johnny mentions Shaqiri and Sigurdsson. Both those players have potential to be very good but it would cost about £30m million for the pair - and in our position that's probably not value for money even if I rate both players.

Sigurdsson is overrated, we should stay away from him.

And the thing about him is that much like Nolan, he plays best when playing second striker and easily gets outpassed and outmanoeuvred when playing MC in a 4-4-2 formation.

I'm guessing we'll play 4-4-2 next season and even if we were to play a 4-5-1 wouldn´t we rather want Ben Arfa in the hole?

So does it actually look like we have a real interest in Matuidi or is it all still debatable rumour? I mean he doesn't even have his own thread yet!

If we make a Matuidi thread we must make a Barnetta one too. Not enough concrete for either of them yet.

As someone mentioned already, Pardew made a point last season of saying that he saw Tiote as more of an Essien type, who he would like to drive forward more, as he did it really well in training. He was also used in more of this type of role for Ivory Coast in the world cup.

Based on this the Matuidi signing could indeed point to more of a 4-3-3.

Don't forget also that Demba Ba played on the left wing at Hoffenheim and not as a central striker. Pardew made some interesting comments about knowing Ba better than most, and perhaps he might want to ue him as a left sided striker in a front three again.

Maybe the main central goalscorer is yet to come in.

Guest WashyGeordie

Maybe the main central goalscorer is yet to come in.

Or is already here in the shape of........................... Shola!

Guest Recoba

Can see Ba out left and HBA out right with  :mystery: in the centre.

Would love CabTioteMatuidi midfield three. Really excited by our new midfield. Barton can go swivel. 

Barnetta not so fussed but he would be welcome.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Right, Journal tomorrow. 2 deals are as good as done at #NUFC... But looks like another surprising exit is on the cards...

Asked him about Colo, and he had not heard about the rumour before i asked, so it's not him.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Right, Journal tomorrow. 2 deals are as good as done at #NUFC... But looks like another surprising exit is on the cards...

Asked him about Colo, and he had not heard about the rumour before i asked, so it's not him.

Not Colo, Jose or Joey won't be surprising... Maybe Jonas?

Can see Ba out left and HBA out right with  :mystery: in the centre.

Would love CabTioteMatuidi midfield three. Really excited by our new midfield. Barton can go swivel. 

Barnetta not so fussed but he would be welcome.

wit cab tiote and matudi.. we match any team in the PL.

Guest VegasToon

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Just to add to that: more of the Ranger calibre than the Enrique calibre, the exit. #nufc