NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2003610/Newcastle-close-Tranquillo-Barnetta-Alan-Pardew-set-pip-Sunderland-Craig-Gardner.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Little bit there about Barnetta, and also Craig Gardner.  Didn't we already distance ourselves from Gardner or was that just Douglas saying it on Twitter?

Edit - just noticed it's 2 days old, forget it!

Guest taps01

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2003610/Newcastle-close-Tranquillo-Barnetta-Alan-Pardew-set-pip-Sunderland-Craig-Gardner.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Little bit there about Barnetta, and also Craig Gardner.  Didn't we already distance ourselves from Gardner or was that just Douglas saying it on Twitter?

Edit - just noticed it's 2 days old, forget it!

Think that was Douglas.  I do seem to remember him ruling out Ba as well.

It's possible that Ba wasn't in the list of striker targets and when he became available we saw him as an upgrade to best for free while still getting £4m in for Best?

What's with the Chronicle today? One non story on Nile to Millwall but they have no intention of actually paying for him, and a piece on our game v Rantwerp.

I'm sure they must be holding back on an enormous and explosive transfer story today. Suuuuurely. ???

Wonder if we'll make an old-fashioned, outright purchase this summer. For a player we want in a position we need, that isn't in the last year of his contract or available on the cheap for some reason.

Before all the 'yeah but who cares as long as they're good enough' merchants pile in, I agree. Just wondering, and if it will restrict our choices despite the funds we have available.

What's with the Chronicle today? One non story on Nile to Millwall but they have no intention of actually paying for him, and a piece on our game v Rantwerp.

I'm sure they must be holding back on an enormous and explosive transfer story today. Suuuuurely. ???

IT'S BECAUSE LEE RYDER IS ON HOLIDAY.

Wonder if we'll make an old-fashioned, outright purchase this summer. For a player we want in a position we need, that isn't in the last year of his contract or available on the cheap for some reason.

Before all the 'yeah but who cares as long as they're good enough' merchants pile in, I agree. Just wondering, and if it will restrict our choices despite the funds we have available.

I am getting fucking sick of all the contract politics. It never used to be like this.

IT'S BECAUSE LEE RYDER IS ON HOLIDAY.

OK. THANKS! :thup: :lol:

Doubt it, this contract bollocks is part of the fun to Ashley, clearly. :lol:

So you agree it doesn't matter but you wanted to make a big deal about it anyway? :lol:

This is on par with you not rating Best but having a moan about him being sold.