NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Heneage

He'd be great for home games, horrible for away games.

Honestly don't think he'd be much cop in either. He's in for a hell of a shock when he gets back in the Prem, IMO.

I think against the poorer sides that we struggled to break down last year he'd be an asset purely because of his good dribbling and long shots. There was once or twice where we dominated games but just couldn't capitalize.

Guest Roger Kint

He'd be great for home games, horrible for away games.

Honestly don't think he'd be much cop in either. He's in for a hell of a shock when he gets back in the Prem, IMO.

This

And everything about your title/avatar etc  ;D

Strange comments though, he's talking like the move is already in process.

'It is good for me that Newcastle have a few French players.

'People say Newcastle will be good for me, that the fans love players like me. It is fantastic to play in front of 50,000 supporters every week. I do not need one of the very big clubs at this stage.'

He doesn't seem to even entertain the possibility that we might not be interested.

He's always talking about how Fergie's ringing up to sign him aswell, though. The lads of his fucking rocker.

Seriously though I'd be gutted if we cough up that for him, he's toxic and I really think he'll bomb at this level. For that kind of money we could have N'Zog, or a striker... or whatever.

He's always talking about how Fergie's ringing up to sign him aswell, though. The lads of his fucking rocker.

Seriously though I'd be gutted if we cough up that for him, he's toxic and I really think he'll bomb at this level. For that kind of money we could have N'Zog, or a striker... or whatever.

No one's going to pay £10million for him but the article says we offered £5million in January. At that price I could see us being interested.

No one's going to pay £10million for him but the article says we offered £5million in January. At that price I could see us being interested.

Sigh. Hope not, honestly think the time, space and shitness of the Championship has massively inflated his ability level. I think he's an average Prem player, but one that won't track back and will stroll around the park like he owns the place. Can't afford to carry that kind of player, unless they're genuine top quality - which he really isn't.

The Championship makes anybody with superior technical ability look like world beaters. Everybody on here has seen a season of that at first hand.

Who was it who pillaged goals and assists last time out? Dorrans? Peter Wittingham scored like 20 the season before last too.

The Championship makes anybody with superior technical ability look like world beaters. Everybody on here has seen a season of that at first hand.

Danny Guthrie pwned that league which says it all.

Exactly, another good example.

Love your avatar btw, sexy as all hell.

Didn't he retire from international football for a stupid reason (can't remember what though).

Yeah he did  :lol: :lol: For being but on the bench in one game.

Exactly, another good example.

Love your avatar btw, sexy as all hell.

I just couldn't deny the French lovefest any more :aww:

Guest Heneage

Ignoring his potential move for a second. How must QPR fans be feeling right now. They need nothing short of a mini overhaul to compete, one of the few players who could potentially cut it is already pushing for a move away and that's before you factor in Warnocks lack of stability for his job.

I think they have to be favourites for going down as it stands. Thankfully for them, there is still just under 2 months to fix it.

I called them to go down on here before they were confirmed as promoted.

Their squad is absolute dross at this level. Building a side around Taarabt at that level covered over all the cracks and he pulled them up on his own. This season they'll either be without him or IMO he'll be completely marginalised by teams/defences at this level rendering building a side around him futile. They're doomed unless they make some big changes.

Guest Heneage

I called them to go down on here before they were confirmed as promoted.

Their squad is absolute dross at this level. Building a side around Taarabt at that level covered over all the cracks and he pulled them up on his own. This season they'll either be without him or IMO he'll be completely marginalised by teams/defences at this level rendering building a side around him futile. They're doomed unless they make some big changes.

It wasn't so much cracks, I just think he used the mantra he did with Sheff Utd, grafters that lacked skill. In QPR he finally got his flair player his other sides missed. Of course like that Sheff Utd side they will more than likely found out in the Premier League. The fact their style isn't quite defensive will only hinder them further as at least Blackpool just went for it.

Mind you Norwich haven't exactly inspired confidence signing James Vaughan. Swansea could go either way in truth I think they might just have the quality to rise above the dross.

Not quite sure where to put this.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/nol_sport/nol_football/clubs/nolclubs_newcastle/1327605/Newcastle-bosses-to-cut-ages-and-wages-following-Kevin-Nolan-sale.html?CMP=SOCjam_TW_NOTW

Sticking to their guns... Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias won't budge on their policy Exclusive by Martin Hardy June 19, 2011

NEWCASTLE chiefs are sticking with their policy to reduce the wage bill and the average age of their squad.

Toon fans were stunned last week when club captain and 12-goal top scorer Kevin Nolan left for Championship side West Ham.

The midfielder turns 29 on Friday and St James' Park bosses, led by chairman Derek Llambias, will limit deals for any players approaching their 30s.

A source said: "There's no way the club would offer long deals to players who are 28 or 29.

"There was no way they would contemplate bettering the deal West Ham offered. He was on £40,000 a week and they offered £10,000 more.

"The club is on the way to being in far better health financially."

This summer the Toon have already crossed the Channel to pick up midfielders Yohan Cabaye and Sylvain Marveaux, as well as landing West Ham striker Demba Ba on a free.

And they will carry on with their policy of picking up bargains around Europe as they look to make the club self-sufficient by next summer.

That would give them a head start on their rivals with UEFA's financial fair play rules set to be implemented over a three-year period.

The initial break-even assessment will cover the financial years ending 2012 and 2013, which will be assessed during 2013-14.

Rennes ace Marveaux, who agreed a five-year deal on Friday night, has hit out at reports a proposed move to Liverpool fell down because he failed a medical.

The 25-year-old said: "It's a load of rubbish. I'm in good health and fit to play.

"I returned to training with Rennes at the end of the season and could have played in the last game if they had wanted.

"It disgusts me a bit to read things like that because I know it could have an impact on the rest of my career.

"I didn't sign for Liverpool because there were contractual differences on Thursday night."