NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Sturridge really needs to start getting regular football in a team that matches his ability. It feels at the moment that Chelsea aren't prepared to use him, but being a big fish in a small pond at Bolton might not be helping him. I felt that in the Under 21's that he was playing too much as an individual at times.

Sturridge really needs to start getting regular football in a team that matches his ability. It feels at the moment that Chelsea aren't prepared to use him, but being a big fish in a small pond at Bolton might not be helping him. I felt that in the Under 21's that he was playing too much as an individual at times.

Chelski go for the big transfer fee players regardless of ability imho and Sturridge may well be left on the bench or on loan .

I really would try and pull out all of the stops to sign Sturridge.

Newcastle have ended their interest in Wigans Charlie NZogbia while Chelseas £20million Dan Sturridge although he has admirers at St James Park is not a serious target.

Fuck me thats mental as Sturridge ticks all the boxes for me and if he keeps improving will be worth £30 million at the end of next season and that is what Cashley looks for .

this is the box our club don't really want ticked though, to be fair perhaps they're right also Sturridge would have to be considered an investment long-term

If Carroll is £35m then Sturridge can't be far off tbh. Though Carroll's not worth £35m so this post is moot.

my thoughts are that if ashley wanted to maintain a highly paid young and expensive english striker on the payroll we'd stll have andy carroll tbh

i'm tempted to say i'd eat my own shit if we sign sturridge for 20m but i'm not gonna

Perch: Should be released on a free, we need to cut our losses and get rid of him, I'd drive him to any club who wanted to sign him.

Taraabt: Would be a good signing next summer if we can pick him up for <5m after he's had an average season in the premiership and after QPR have been relegated. He would be a good impact sub to have, and hopefully he'll have grown up a little.

N'Zogbia: There is no reason as to why we should miss out on Zoggy other than price, we should match anything Sunderland bid, as I don't want him going there. That said, I'd be over the moon with Menez or Martin in his place.

Sturridge: Seems overvalued, that said there don't seem to be many good strikers moving in this window. A one year loan would be ideal, assuming we're bringing in Erding or someone of his calibre.

I'd happily pay £20m for Sturridge like ???

If Jordan Henderson is worth £20m and Phil Jones is worth £18m then Sturridge must be worth thirty odd.

He's a better player than Carroll for me and probably the player i'd most like us to sign this summer.

In this situation, most clubs would understand how good Sturridge can be. But Abramovich is panic buying and won't think about the consequences on other players. They want Lukaku, Neymar, Aguero etc. Sturridge - as mental as it seems - won't get in the team. Plus, the new manager mightn't know him.

If he was at any other club, I'd say theres no chance they'd let him go. But this is Chelsea.

Would absolutely love sturridge like, no way Mike would cough up £20m though, which tbh is a largely inflated price due to the craziness of the transfer windows recently (Carroll, Henderson, Jones etc).

But aye, if you look at it as Carroll for Sturridge and £15m then it looks a lot better. I doubt Mike will see it this way though.

In this situation, most clubs would understand how good Sturridge can be. But Abramovich is panic buying and won't think about the consequences on other players. They want Lukaku, Neymar, Aguero etc. Sturridge - as mental as it seems - won't get in the team. Plus, the new manager mightn't know him.

If he was at any other club, I'd say theres no chance they'd let him go. But this is Chelsea.

Yeah, that's my feeling as well. Doesn't mean we'll cough up for him or he'll come here, but it's a fair point.

£20m for a player with half a good season under his belt, ouch. And I thought the Carroll deal was bad.

What £35 million for a player with half a good season?

That was my reaction. :lol:

If we take the Liverpool model of Torres = £50m so Carroll = £35m (I know he was crap for Chelsea), then if Carroll = £35m, Sturridge is easily £20m.

£20m for a player with half a good season under his belt, ouch. And I thought the Carroll deal was bad.

What £35 million for a player with half a good season?

Exactly. Its the same situation really, at least Liverpool can obviously afford it, we can't, this money goes and we've got nowt apart from what we make.

I'd happily pay £20m for Sturridge like ???

If Jordan Henderson is worth £20m and Phil Jones is worth £18m then Sturridge must be worth thirty odd.

He's a better player than Carroll for me and probably the player i'd most like us to sign this summer.

I said as soon as the season ended that i would wish for Sturridge and Zog and both shot out the water if what the Sunday Sun is to be believed  :weep:

So according to Douglas:

Taylor is imminent

Barnetta is the furthest progressed from the rest

We're still haggling over Erding and Matuidi

If we somehow got all four I'd be chuffed

I'd be happy but we'd still need another centre back minimum. Plus I want the Zog instead of Barnetta anyway.