NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Liverpool are overrated as fuck. They've got shite in midfield and defence. Suarez is the only world class player they have, and him and Carroll don't work together because he likes the ball at his feet whereas Carroll's advantage is his strength and height. I said this a month ago and people laughed, but we're not far away from them. Ben Arfa and Tiote are better than anything they have in midfield - except an on form Gerrard, who is unlikely to return - and Coloccini and Enrique are better than anything they have in defence.

Two defensive midfielders is ideal for playing a quick counter attacking style 4-2-3-1. See the Dutch's football in Euro 2008.

It does however mean you have to have an attacking midfielder (Sneijder in Holland's case). None of Tioté, Cabaye or Matuidi really fit that role

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Two defensive midfielders is ideal for playing a quick counter attacking style 4-2-3-1. See the Dutch's football in Euro 2008.

It does however mean you have to have an attacking midfielder (Sneijder in Holland's case). None of Tioté, Cabaye or Matuidi really fit that role

Ben Arfa will roam around picking up the ball from the middle :snod:

Does anyone actually know whether Barnetta is any good?

I've seen his name banded about in the past but that counts for nothing.

I think (although I haven't seen him on a regular basis for a couple of years) he'd be perfect in the Premier League. He's pretty much a jack of all trades - master of none.  Reasonably fast, good delivery, can come inside, good shot on him and has a very good attitude/work rate on the pitch. I wouldn't say he's as good as N'Zogbia (but it's difficult to compare obviously) but I'd rate him slightly better than Barton.

What I really like about that midfield trio of cabaye, tiote and matuidi, is all the variety it offers. Tiote got the speed to force his way past oponents, they all can sit back. Cabaye spreading around neat passes to both flanks. Just the joy of football right there, a dynamic side with a trio capable of defence and offense at the same time got real fire power up top!

Want another good striker though and matuidi now! gogo buy!

Ben Arfa will roam around picking up the ball from the middle :snod:

Absolutley...

Cabaye    Tiote

|

Barnetta  Arfa    Marveaux

|

Ba

A Tiote-Matuidi double pivot would be interesting....our 'invisible wall'. Teams tend to us double pivots so their full backs can bomb forward but I don't see ours being effective at it. I'm very intrigued by this new playing style thats in the pipeline.

I think (although I haven't seen him on a regular basis for a couple of years) he'd be perfect in the Premier League. He's pretty much a jack of all trades - master of none.  Reasonably fast, good delivery, can come inside, good shot on him and has a very good attitude/work rate on the pitch. I wouldn't say he's as good as N'Zogbia (but it's difficult to compare obviously) but I'd rate him significantly better than Barton.

...in the offensive role

Guest Antec

I think (although I haven't seen him on a regular basis for a couple of years) he'd be perfect in the Premier League. He's pretty much a jack of all trades - master of none.  Reasonably fast, good delivery, can come inside, good shot on him and has a very good attitude/work rate on the pitch. I wouldn't say he's as good as N'Zogbia (but it's difficult to compare obviously) but I'd rate him slightly better than Barton.

I suspect he's probably more mobile than Barton, part of why we want him for the alledged new playing style

Not sure what you're laughing at. N'Zogbia has never proved himself to be a disruptive influence within a stable dressing room.

That's not what I said.  Read it again, slowly.

That's exactly what you said. If you're going to make stupid points, do try to remember them before projecting your ignorance onto other people. There's nothing to substantiate that rubbish.

Tiote Matuidi

Cabaye

f***ing defensive like.

Like Ronaldo (I think it was) said on here a few weeks ago, there is a lot to be said for playing with 2 defensive midfielders. Especially in away games.

Aye. You've only got to look what playing the likes of Jonas (who contributes a hell of a lot defensively) and Tiote did for us at The Emirates.