NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Antec

There's no way Jonas is up for sale

If he can be replaced by someone just as good but on half his wages I think he would be

Such a shame for Hargreaves, had he not been injured all the time he'd be arguably Manu's best central midfielder, seems he's willing to take a play and pay contract as well, if someone even gets 10 games out of him for the season it was worth it.

His last 3 years have been a disaster, but he wasn't injured much before that, you'd like to think he can put it all behind him and play out the final years of his career, but if Fergie thought there was a chance of that happening he would have offered him a new deal surely?

God knows. One things for sure if there's a hint of his injuries subsiding and he is willing to play and pay, then he'd still make a great signing for someone in the premier league.

I agree. If he's willing to take a pay as you play contract there's nothing to lose

I think if these deals can be pulled off then we have to give credit to the regardless of the Nolan, Barton & Enrique situation.

As much as I don't want to see Enrique go it seems its him thats stalling on the contract offer no us. I'm undecided who's at fault with Barton, I'm not sure who moved the goal posts but if these signings are made then its possible Barton is surplus anyway.

I know that there is no guarentee that things will work out next season but if these are our transfers things do look good? They can blow all the good work out of the water though by letting Colo go. He is a must next season and for me is the out and out best candidate for captain.

Such a shame for Hargreaves, had he not been injured all the time he'd be arguably Manu's best central midfielder, seems he's willing to take a play and pay contract as well, if someone even gets 10 games out of him for the season it was worth it.

His last 3 years have been a disaster, but he wasn't injured much before that, you'd like to think he can put it all behind him and play out the final years of his career, but if Fergie thought there was a chance of that happening he would have offered him a new deal surely?

God knows. One things for sure if there's a hint of his injuries subsiding and he is willing to play and pay, then he'd still make a great signing for someone in the premier league.

I agree. If he's willing to take a pay as you play contract there's nothing to lose

yes there is, if we sign him over someone who might have a chance of kicking a ball without breaking their leg the TEAM will be worse off for it

I knew Mark Douglas would say that they didn't want to sell Coloccini. I don't get how two papers in the same room as each other can go with completely different angles.

To sell papers thats all and if they ran the same stories no one would buy one or the other if it was for football only .

How about Matuidi? I'm pretty sure we wouldn't buy him if we got Hargreaves.

Pay as you go means he don't get paid until he plays. He can use the facilities and other amenities like all professional players. As long as we don't  pay him anything I think it is a good gamble. In case if his knees hold up we get a good player in our hands.

How about Matuidi? I'm pretty sure we wouldn't buy him if we got Hargreaves.

Why wouldn't we? I don't think we'd be expecting Hargreaves to be able to play for most of the season, so we could get Matuidi anyway. No fee and we wouldn't be losing any money on wages if Hargreaves was on a pay as you play deal, either.

Hargreaves could play right back for us anyway when he plays

It's been discussed in another thread, but theres no way a footballer would agree to a true "pay as you play" contract, he would have to be paid a weekly wage still. Plus theres the medical bills and the fact he will take up a place in the 25 man squad.

£10.5m for Erding yet £10m for Sturridge is too much ???

1. I doubt we'd pay £10.5million for Erdinc

2. I doubt Chelsea would sell Sturridge for £10million

I'm only going by 2 reports from the same journalist