NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

BBCchrismclaug Chris McLaughlin

by MsiDouglas

I understand #Celtic have made a bid of around 1.5m to Newcastle for Fraser Forster.

Peanuts. No way we should sell him for that.

:nope: screw that.

The problem for us is that we've allowed him a taste of the big time with Celtic. I'm sure we'd prefer to have him and Krul fight it out for the first team shirt and move Harper on instead but neither keeper will want to be on the bench next season.

Even with age catching up with Harper I still don't think you can keep Krul and Forster happy, both want to play and won't be content with doing what Harper did when Given was here.

Realistically I'd say £2 million would be about right.

Not sure how much we can expect for a keeper who at the end of the day hasn't been deemed good enough to play for England Under 21s or ourselves, and has only really played for Norwich & Celtic. If we forget the fact he's ours and were looking from the outside, you'd not expect Forster to command much more than £1.5m to £2m.

I'd expect us to have some sort of sell-on fee included anyway.

Guest Wally_McFool

Even with age catching up with Harper I still don't think you can keep Krul and Forster happy, both want to play and won't be content with doing what Harper did when Given was here.

Realistically I'd say £2 million would be about right.

Let's include some spanish buy-back clause in the contract.

....agree about the  buyback clause....plus more money for a certain number of appearances and he can go. £3 million for 250 appearances for Celtic sounds fair.

I'll be disappointed if we sell like.

You don't win a league & a cup on the bounce and keep clean sheets in over half your games if you're not a decent keeper whoever you play for.

Fits everyone of our supposed new categories too (young, cheap/homegrown, low wages) but as we eventually sell everyone who someone makes a bid for these days I can't see him staying.

You don't win a league & a cup on the bounce and keep clean sheets in over half your games if you're not a decent keeper whoever you play for.

Fits everyone of our supposed new categories too (young, cheap/homegrown, low wages) but as we eventually sell everyone who someone makes a bid for these days I can't see him staying.

Yeah but surely we can't keep both? If he was an outfield player it'd be different but I think Krul's pretty much got the gig here now.

From what I've seen and heard, Forster is probably better than Krul at the moment. Krul's a good shot stopper, but he doesn't half make some silly mistakes like. Forster has more experience too.

Either way, I'd be happy to see Krul or Forster as our first choice next season. Out with the old and all that

Yeah but surely we can't keep both? If he was an outfield player it'd be different but I think Krul's pretty much got the gig here now.

Why not? He's on low wages and hasn't agitated for a move and the competition between him and Krul can only be a good thing. If he's so unhappy he'll hand in a transfer request. No reason why we can't keep both.

Ranger for £1m, Forster for £1.5m.......are they trying to balance out the Carroll money? 2 young English talents possibly gone for £2.5m, that is ludicrous.

Malfunction.

Just lazy journalism that one IMO.

As with Routledge though it's pretty easy to see why he'd want them and considering our signings so far why they'd both want to go.

Ranger for £1m, Forster for £1.5m.......are they trying to balance out the Carroll money? 2 young English talents possibly gone for £2.5m, that is ludicrous.

Malfunction.

Gun control is a talent, man.

Excellent move that for Brum if they get Routledge in.

I think they'll do well next season. They're going to lose some players naturally but they should get some decent funds in and I can easily see them coming straight back up.