NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

They'd want decent dollar for Ruiz though I'd have thought. Not sure how he'd cope with the Prem but he is a definitely a talent. Been impressed with what I've seen of De Jong, his namesake at Ajax is supposed to be class too.

Potential for a bit of upheaval at Twente too since the gaffer fucked off to chase oil although they probably don't need the money so much as other Dutch clubs.

Could get Ruiz for about £10 million I reckon. Twente do sell their players for profits but they have a habbit of not getting as much as they should do. (Tioté case in point, Janssen to Ajax the other week, Elia too I think went for not much)

They are a very well ran club though, proper settled at board level, always have replacements lined up when players/managers leave.

Guest Heneage

They'd want decent dollar for Ruiz though I'd have thought. Not sure how he'd cope with the Prem but he is a definitely a talent. Been impressed with what I've seen of De Jong, his namesake at Ajax is supposed to be class too.

Potential for a bit of upheaval at Twente too since the gaffer f***ed off to chase oil although they probably don't need the money so much as other Dutch clubs.

Not just namesake mate, Siem and Luuk are brothers. I'd take both of them here think Siem will probably have the bigger career with Luuk bouncing around Holland and playing for Switzerland.

Potential for a bit of upheaval at Twente too since the gaffer f***ed off to chase oil although they probably don't need the money so much as other Dutch clubs.

Not just namesake mate, Siem and Luuk are brothers. I'd take both of them here think Siem will probably have the bigger career with Luuk bouncing around Holland and playing for Switzerland.

Has there been any talk of Luuk opting for the Swiss? I thought he already had senior caps for the Dutch?

Guest Heneage

I think he can still change as it was just a friendly against Austria. With both being born in Switzerland I could see Luuk changing as Siem seems to have a bright future.

Speaking of Dutch players Stijn Schaars joined Sporting for €850,000, a real bargain I'm amazed we weren't in there. Mind you chance to play with VanWolfswinkel probably appealed.

Midfielders is what you want to be buying if you're going to Holland. Rarely is it someone moves from there to a bigger league and is shown as shit. Even the poorer teams usually have a couple of decent midfielders whereas the strikers often struggle when they move due to the shit defences and attacking nature of Eredivise, not to mention the huge disparity between the top clubs and the lower eschelons of the league although Feyenoord seem to be doing their best to level it up. Plus the technical aspect goes without saying.

Guest Heneage

There is some real bargains to be had in Holland. I like Dries Mertens at Utrecht.

Very good player.

Bit on the small side but he has that Aguero 'low centre of gravity'. Again I'll be amazed if we haven't sent a delegation to watch him at some point last season.

Like Disco said when scouting Holland midfielders should be the prime targets. You can pick up real gems like Tiote but at the higher end of the scale even players like Elia only cost €9m, a figure really at the top of our price range. I'm glad to see the club have identified Holland as a base for our transfer dealings. We supposedly look in Belgium too but I've not seen any developments on that front. Still we could buy El Ghanassy tomorrow and make my dreams come true.

Midfielders is what you want to be buying if you're going to Holland. Rarely is it someone moves from there to a bigger league and is shown as shit. Even the poorer teams usually have a couple of decent midfielders whereas the strikers often struggle when they move due to the shit defences and attacking nature of Eredivise, not to mention the huge disparity between the top clubs and the lower eschelons of the league although Feyenoord seem to be doing their best to level it up. Plus the technical aspect goes without saying.

Feyenoord are fucked. Caastaignos has gone to Inter, Fer is going to Twente, Wijnaldum is leaving too. That's just the start, they're having to flog their whole team and they're not even getting good money :(

Guest Heneage

Midfielders is what you want to be buying if you're going to Holland. Rarely is it someone moves from there to a bigger league and is shown as s***. Even the poorer teams usually have a couple of decent midfielders whereas the strikers often struggle when they move due to the s*** defences and attacking nature of Eredivise, not to mention the huge disparity between the top clubs and the lower eschelons of the league although Feyenoord seem to be doing their best to level it up. Plus the technical aspect goes without saying.

Feyenoord are f***ed. Caastaignos has gone to Inter, Fer is going to Twente, Wijnaldum is leaving too. That's just the start, they're having to flog their whole team and they're not even getting good money :(

The club nicknamed 'The Sleeping Giant' talk about tempting fate. :lol:

We should be Newcastle United's scouts and negotiators ffs  :mackems:  :smitten:

I'd be awful like, I have a strong favouritism to Hugo Viana types & the like. Although I do reckon Luciano Fabián Monzón could do a job if Enrique does leave and he could get a wp.

We should be Newcastle United's scouts and negotiators ffs  :mackems:  :smitten:

I'd be awful like, I have a strong favouritism to Hugo Viana types & the like. Although I do reckon Luciano Fabián Monzón could do a job if Enrique does leave and he could get a wp.

:lol:

Same. I'd sign loads of classy playmakers and ball-playing CBs.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-enquire-about-Preston-winger-Keith-Treacy-article752259.html

Newcastle have made a surprise enquiry about Preston winger Keith Treacy.

The former Blackburn youngster is likely to be moved on by relegated North End this summer.

And Magpies boss Alan Pardew is ready to gamble on the Irishman by handing him a spot in the Premier League.

Tracey made 12 top flight appearances at Rovers before dropping down to the Championship with Preston.

He fired nine goals last term despite playing in a wide position and shone whilst on international duty.

And that form has persuaded Pardew to consider a bargain priced bid for the 22-year-old.

Preston are willing to let Tracey go on the cheap as they attempt to trim a wage bill far too large to carry in League One.

EUROPE