NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

players have a habit of resurrecting themselves here, however in this case i'd pass. can only hope it's because we have stuff going on elsewhere.

They do?

barton,nolan,bowyer,beardsley,venison....theres more.

Nolan and Venison probably, Barton was reasonably highly regarded when he was at Man City.  Bowyer was shite here, Beardsley is debatable as he was still a good player when we brought him in.

Nolan and Venison probably, Barton was reasonably highly regarded when he was at Man City.  Bowyer was s**** here, Beardsley is debatable as he was still a good player when we brought him in.

i'm talking barton's recovery over the last season and a half.

Bellamy was about 21 when we signed him. Resurrected. :lol:

going backwards fast at coventry, most of our fans cringed when we bought him. is age a matter when it comes to getting back ontrack ?

This is ridiculous, there is no comparison at all between the two transfers.

I can't see any merit in signing Wayne Bridge (who incidentally will be 31 before the season starts, positively decrepit by the club's apparent stance at present), if we can't find anyone better with the funds we have at our disposal then something's fucking wrong. Hopefully it's a load of rubbish.

I can't see any merit in signing Wayne Bridge (who incidentally will be 31 before the season starts, positively decrepit by the club's apparent stance at present), if we can't find anyone better with the funds we have at our disposal then something's f***ing wrong. Hopefully it's a load of rubbish.

I agree - if Jose is sold I'd like us to go for a quality young player (much like Jose years ago).  Bridge wouldn't be cheap though and might be ok (even tho' the jury is very much out)

Guest Heneage

FWIW I really struggle to see why the club would consider such a deal. Even our loan deals have stuck to the mantra of young with potential for growth.

Guest bimpy474

I can't see any merit in signing Wayne Bridge (who incidentally will be 31 before the season starts, positively decrepit by the club's apparent stance at present), if we can't find anyone better with the funds we have at our disposal then something's f***ing wrong. Hopefully it's a load of rubbish.

I agree - if Jose is sold I'd like us to go for a quality young player (much like Jose years ago).  Bridge wouldn't be cheap though and might be ok (even tho' the jury is very much out)

That wont matter, we will only pay him within the current pay structure, if he doesn't like it we wont sign him or anyone else who we are after for that matter if they dont think the money is enough (Nolan) , its hardball on wages, kinda like it this way actually.

He'd be 'cheap' in that we wouldn't be spending any money to get him and with City helping out his wages would probably be less than we've offered Enrique to stay. Not that he'd be on £20k or owt.

interesting that according the the mirror piece we have a wage cap of 40k yet both ba and merveaux are reportedly on more than that,,,sure those reports were in the mirror aswell.

Guest bimpy474

He'd be 'cheap' in that we wouldn't be spending any money to get him and with City helping out his wages would probably be less than we've offered Enrique to stay. Not that he'd be on £20k or owt.

Thats true and one thing that could make it possible, at least it would be relatively sensible money wise.

There's cheap and there's cheap......

People going a bit hyperbole on Bridge like, if it's a loan deal and we're not paying his whole wage then I'm all for it. At least it means we have another body in who's left footed and can cover at lb.

Why would he want to be cover though? Surely at his age he wants to be playing. He'd not get a game unless Enrique leaves or is injured (he missed just two league games last season).

Guest bimpy474

interesting that according the the mirror piece we have a wage cap of 40k yet both ba and merveaux are reportedly on more than that,,,sure those reports were in the mirror aswell.

What a paper contradicting itself, that is unimpossible :D

What a paper contradicting itself, that is unimpossible :D

They do employ more than one reporter you know. ;)

People going a bit hyperbole on Bridge like, if it's a loan deal and we're not paying his whole wage then I'm all for it. At least it means we have another body in who's left footed and can cover at lb.

Why would he want to be cover though? Surely at his age he wants to be playing. He'd not get a game unless Enrique leaves or is injured (he missed just two league games last season).

Aye, if bridge is in the assumption would have to be (sadly) that Jose is off