NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

This is true. I did however say I'll choose when, but it still stands.

Maybe Ali can join me.

Nail in own coffin was the first thing that sprung to my mind reading that, he is probably already there waiting for you.

With a knife and a stocking on his head

If we defend the CL title, I'll drink my own piss.

Is that how it works?

You have to be prepared for the admin to change your username to something that makes you look like a fool though, something like 'Village Idiot' ha ha ha.

so it fits with this tweet from yesterday..

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@swrain79 @dan2882 I think there's an 8 figure signing coming up.. But maybe not the marquee name ppl are after

7 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

now i don't think he's as bad as many on here would suggest and many would be chuffed if we spent that on some unknown from fc pazazz, i wouldn't mind having him here.....................but fuck me, 10mill for him ? no!

I'd be willing to take a punt on Shane Long.

For a few million yes, not 10.

It would make no sense to penny pinch and then pay £10 million for Long.

unless he pays his own wages out of his signing on fee.

That's about double Long's true value. Hopefully if he's wanting a move, we can drive the price down to nearer ~£6m. As with the Nolan contract stuff, that kind of figure will be a negotiating stance.

if Ashley is prepared to pay 10 mil for Long, then he surely has problems with N'Zogbia or Erdinc coming if he isnt to splash the cash on either of them

Or just cheaper wages for Long? Don't think we'll bid that much for him though. Should go £5m - tops.